Author Topic: Nightly builds disabled (Edit: builds are back)  (Read 3969 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Nightly builds disabled (Edit: builds are back)
During this Release Candidate testing period, the nightly builds will be disabled.  Commits to trunk will be reflect in subsequent release candidates and then the final release build.  The builds will be re-enabled when the final release has been tagged in SVN and the internal version number has been bumped.

The RC phase has accomplished most of its goals, so trunk commits have resumed for the next version and nightly builds were re-enabled, in case you didn't already notice.  Enjoy!

Hopefully future RC periods will not warrant a nightly build shutdown, as the cycle will hopefully be much shorter.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:59:47 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: Nightly builds disabled
I'm confused.  If the Nightly builds are disabled why are there 6 more releases?  Does this mean the Release Candidate Testing period is over?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
No but it means that we're doing some more work and we need the nightly builds back up.  We will have another RC out shortly.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What's going on is that we've split the 3.6.10 branch off since all that is required now is some code from Goober and some heavy testing. The nightly builds are back up cause we're trying to get a jump on 3.6.11 by adding the stuff that was sitting in everybody's own personal branch back into trunk.

By doing things this way we don't have to wait for 3.6.10 to be ready to start work on 3.6.11.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Thanks for the information.  Will the next RC cover the nightly builds up to a certain revision?  Should I test the nightly builds until the next RC comes out?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
These are worth testing but they're the early stages of commits for the next big release after 3.6.10, the RCs are the ones that need it most right now so we get a stable 3.6.10 out that can last for a few months.  Hopefully it won't be relegated to the trash like 3.6.9 eventually ended up before the next release is coming out.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
can we have an inf build in a week or sowhen a few more nightly builds have been  commited?

other than that thanks guys ,
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There hasn't really been all that much committed, is there already something in trunk you want that badly?  Or you just want to play around with them with TBP or something.

Offline captain-custard

yeah its a tbp thing , theres no pressure at all just if one day you feel the urge to compile an 3.6.11 inf build for windows etc then id be happy to fly around withit and see if the sky falls down , as i have lots of free time atm
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll probably compile one as soon as I'm done committing stuff. Probably in a couple of days.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

thanks kara