Author Topic: New Space Combat game coming soon  (Read 2022 times)

New Space Combat game coming soon
Will have full HOTAS support and TrackIR from what they have said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCLQzrTPcvg

Re: New Space Combat game coming soon
Ok, that's odd. I could swear they got the voice actress who was the voice of EVA from CnC to be the voice of the player's fighter's computer.

EDIT: To compare, look at this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX4qkJNShkg

Maybe I'm wrong. It sounds awfully close to me. I'm pretty sure it isn't EVE from Hellbender (see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oallWeG3QGU)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:08:08 am by LaineyBugsDaddy »
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Snarks

I hope you can turn down the lighting effects on the lasers. They kinda hurt my eyes.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Why yes, I love to have the cockpit take up most of the view. Shooting down this tiny window in the middle will surely help with my ~immersion~
I really wish spacesim devs would stop doing this.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

I'd really like to play one of these cockpit sims with a cockpit that was actually designed for visibility (Planetside 2's Scythe was pretty good, tbh).
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Aesaar

That cockpit is terrible.  I like cockpits, but not ones that seem purpose-designed to obscure your view.  It's like the game's screaming LOOK THERE'S A COCKPIT!  It's just visual noise.

People need to look at Diaspora or E:D to see how cockpits are done right.

The HUD isn't great either.  While I like the zoomed view (wish FSO had zoom sometimes), where's the radar?  Where's your ship's status?  I don't need to see my objective in giant letters.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:51:00 pm by Aesaar »

You could probably get completely rid of any part of the cockpit behind the fuel and afterburner gauges by slightly lowering FOV. That is, if the game lets you do that.
I can only hope that they'll also have a virtual cockpit mode.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

I always find it funny when people mention Diaspora. We had to work within the constraints of the TV and yet managed to get cockpits people praise. These guys have their own IP and fail. :)

Well, as long as they made better choices with the rest of the gameplay, this might be worth a try.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

I always find it funny when people mention Diaspora. We had to work within the constraints of the TV and yet managed to get cockpits people praise. These guys have their own IP and fail. :)

Well, as long as they made better choices with the rest of the gameplay, this might be worth a try.

While the show did have the noticeable commission omission of a HUD, Zoic at least made sure the Vipers had high visibility canopies of a real dogfighter.

>>Fixed
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:52:32 am by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Seems Croberts has started a design trend there  :P
But it's not that difficult to design good cockpits:

(Interior of the interceptor in Infinity: Battlescape, Pre-Alpha)

I have an early copy of the game.... save your money. Buy Everspace instead. This game has a lot of issues and the flight mechanics is terrible. Freespace 2 Open blows it away