Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

FSDoc Updates/Suggestions

<< < (3/49) > >>

Lonestar:
I dont go that low in resolution to check websites, considering no one uses that low a resolution. Ok maybe a small percentage does, if they do they deserve side scroller bars!

Cyker:
Why make it screen-size specific?

Design it so it scales!

My challenge to you now is to make it so I can read it comfortably in Opera on an 800x600 screen and comfortably in NetFront on a 320x480 screen :p

Oh, and in Lynx on an 80x25 character screen :D

Lonestar:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Cyker
Why make it screen-size specific?

Design it so it scales!

My challenge to you now is to make it so I can read it comfortably in Opera on an 800x600 screen and comfortably in NetFront on a 320x480 screen :p

Oh, and in Lynx on an 80x25 character screen :D
--- End quote ---

:eek2:

I could design for the three or four seperate platforms, and use a javascript to detect your browser and settings and then redirect you to the proper pages for your screen size.

Are their any serious browser issues to report besides the size of the content displayed? If not i dont think ill be setting the wiki up for 80x25 anytime soon. Maybe a downloadable Scaleable wiki doc, based on the DB Backup of the Wiki system. So if something is added to the wiki you simply download your desired document and sizes for  quick local reference.

Eishtmo:
I think the big issue is what information is actually put into the thing.  Most people look at it and go "hey, that's pretty cool," but that's it.  They don't know what specific information needs to be put in the thing.  If a list of wanted information is put up, perhaps it would make it build up quicker.  I know, the idea is for it to grow as people come up with new information, but you have to start somewhere.

I suggest starting with the cold, vanilla Freespace information that I started (and stopped due to lack of time, energy and interest) some time ago.  Litterally rip the information straight from the tables and post it (with explinations and the like).  From there, we move on to modding, Freding, etc, etc.

The wiki login is confusing as well.  Took me forever to figure it out.

Thorn:
Something I was looking up today. Table explantions. There are only 3 up there now, and none of the ones I was after. If I knew wtf I was doing I would update them myself, but then I wouldnt have been looking for them.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version