Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

Derelict Needs a Facelift

<< < (2/21) > >>

The E:
Okay, that may have been a little to rage-y, and I apologize if it comes across as insulting, but I'd rather see constructive criticism than ranting.

rscaper1070:
There aren't any problems that I can tell other than the mod wasn't using the mediavps_3612 and the backgrounds looked bad. When I looked through the tables I noticed the file names were the same as those in MV.Effects.vp so I looked around to find a way to point Derelict to those files but was unable to find an answer. General Battuta's clue was the one I was looking for. I changed mediavps to mediavps_3612 in the mod.ini, removed my workaround, and it worked. The problem was I didn't know what I was looking for so trial and error comes into play, post my result, get yelled at by you, and then finally figure it out. If after my original post someone would have said "Check the mod.ini." it would have been a much shorter journey. The good news of course is I know more than I did yesterday, so all is well.

The E:
You also said something about deficient documentation, which is what caused me to go into rant mode. If you see a piece of advice somewhere that contradicts others, or an out of date tutorial, tell us so we can fix it. Don't post a rant somewhere where only people like me can see them.

mjn.mixael:
I played about half of Derelict on 3.6.12 and didn't notice any mission breaking issues.

Mobius:
That's good, very good. Do you mind playing the rest of the campaign? :)

Important thing. Don't limit preliminary reports to serious bugs or similar oddities: if there's something that needs to be improved, both from a graphical or gameplay standpoint, just say it. For example, I believe backgrounds need improvements and a few events here and there need to be modified. New SEXPs and other SCP enhancements may also be used to significantly boost the experience (I have a better version of Derelict's Saphah coming slowly ;)).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version