Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > StarShatter Open Source Project

Reporting bugs in Starshatter Open

(1/6) > >>

The E:
IfWhen you come across a bug, here's what you do to get it noticed:

1. Post about it. Either here, or on the Google Code bugtracker.
2. To give developers as much information as possible, please describe the steps needed to reproduce the bug, and try to reproduce it using the provided Debug build (Starshatter_D.exe). This build will generate two log files in your Starshatter directory, called errlog.txt and memdbg.txt. Please include both in your bug report.

braddw25:
The magic2 file included with this build seems to have trouble rendering texturs on the 3d models. When I loaded a .mag file, it just appeared solid black. I tried to add a texture file to the materials, but the program would not accept it. The next time I reopened the materials page it was blank again.

The E:

--- Quote from: braddw25 on June 03, 2012, 12:47:29 pm ---The magic2 file included with this build seems to have trouble rendering texturs on the 3d models. When I loaded a .mag file, it just appeared solid black. I tried to add a texture file to the materials, but the program would not accept it. The next time I reopened the materials page it was blank again.

--- End quote ---

I tested this a bit, and it seems there's an issue where Magic tries to load textures from its own directory. So, until this is fixed, you need to place your textures in the same directory the Magic exe is in.

braddw25:
Thanks. Tried it, and it worked.

braddw25:
Another bug to report (or at least I think it's a bug) is that during the campaign when the player chooses to command a carrier there does not seem to be a way to send attack craft on a planetary strike mission through the flight ops screen. This does not get noticed much because most players do not choose to command the carriers and opt for cruisers instead when they reach high enough rank. It does seem to be  real problem though for those who choose to take charge of flight ops in campaign mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version