Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Female characters done both wrong and right.

(1/29) > >>

Iain Baker:
Hi everyone!

My first article for a ‘proper’ bona fide video games website. Looks like the last two year’s hard work is starting to pay off.  Fingers crossed I’ll start getting paid to do this one day.

I have highlighted a female character from the HLP stables as an example of a female character done well. Can you guess who that is?
Enjoy!

http://coin-drop.com/dumb-and-exploitative-character-design-in-video-games/

Assassin714:
That reminds me, has anyone drawn fanart of what Noemi Laporte actually looks like?

For some reason, I imagine her as African/Asian.

Ghostavo:
Isn't Poison a transvestite?

DefCynodont119:
Gosh those comments. . .  :ick:  It's almost like none of them read it beyond the title. . .  Can't say I expected more tho.

Nice article! Ehh, It's not a terrible article. I Like your point about whether or not it's appropriate for the setting.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: Ghostavo on January 08, 2019, 01:35:04 pm ---Isn't Poison a transvestite?

--- End quote ---

It depends on which region s/he is in. IIR in Japan she is a cis gender female, in America she is a transsexual woman. Or it might be the other way around, I cant remember which off the top of my head.

One region had an issue with beating up women in video games back in the '90s, and as she is an enemy in Final Fight, you beat her up a lot. (Since its a side scrolling brawler, you beat up many copies of her - because, er 'game logic')  :p

So in that region Capcom said. 'Its ok, she is a transsexual woman, so technically you are still hitting a man' or words to that affect. #Game industry logic  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version