Author Topic: Translation Overview  (Read 6004 times)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
As HLP got now a translation board, you are now allowed to post your translations in this board.

The following one are the so far all known translations this game and its mods got so far.
Is a translation missing?
Then feel free to inform me about it, so that one can be added to this list :).
If the translation is hard to obtain in a regular manner, i copied it to my FSFiles Repository on Sectorgame, so that every translation is still downloadable.

English under Languages is listed if you still can play the english version even you are using the translation mod.

LAST UPDATE: 2023/12/08
- Updated NTP - A Multi Language Translation Library to MediaVPs 4.7.X.
- Updated Diaspora: Shattered Armistice to Version 1.1.4.
- Added the French translations of Fall of Epsilon Pegasi, Shepherds, Sol: A History Reborn, Solaris, Sync, The Battle of Neptune, The Destiny of Peace and Walls Closing to the list.

2022/01/02
- Updated NTP - A Multi Language Translation Library to MediaVPs 4.5.X.
- Added the French translations of Blue Planet, Derelict, FreeSpace Port, Silent Threat: Reborn, The Titan Rebellion and Warzone to the list.

2021/02/11
- Added "FreeSpace 2: Demo Campaign" to NTP - A Multi Language Translation Library Interface.

2021/02/03
- Initial list.

Available Translations:
NameLanguage(s)ModTranslated Campaigns & MissionsBased uponLinks
Translations for FreeSpace 2:
NTP - A Multi Language Translation Library InterfaceEnglish, French
German, Japanese & Spanish
FreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 Main Campaign, FreeSpace 2: Demo Campaign,
FreeSpace 2: Operation Templar
MediaVPs 4.7.XHLP Thread
Japanese Localization ProjectJapaneseFreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 Main CampaignMediaVPs 2014HLP Thread / Download Mirror
Traducción Freespace 2 versión FSOpenSpanishFreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 Main Campaign & 3 Single Player GauntletsMediaVPs 3.6.9Website
Japanese Localization PatchJapaneseFreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 Main CampaignRetailHLP Thread / Download Mirror
Traducción FreeSpace 2 versión retailSpanishFreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 Main Campaign & 3 Single Player GauntletsRetailWebsite
Blue Planet - French TranslationFrenchBlue Planet CompleteFreeSpace: Blue, Age of Aquarius, War in Heaven & The Blade ItselfBPC 1.1.5HLP Thread
Derelict - French TranslationFrenchDerelictComplete Campaign3.8.6HLP Thread
Fall of Epsilon Pegasi - French TranslationFrenchFall of Epsilon PegasiComplete Campaign2.0.2HLP Collection Thread
The Battle of Neptune - French TranslationFrenchThe Battle of NeptuneComplete Campaign2.1.0HLP Collection Thread
Shepherds - French TranslationFrenchShepherdsComplete Campaign1.1.2HLP Collection Thread
Sol: A History Reborn - French TranslationFrenchSol: A HistoryComplete Campaigns2.1.1HLP Collection Thread
Sync - French TranslationFrenchSyncComplete Campaign2.0.1HLP Collection Thread
The Titan Rebellion - French TranslationFrenchThe Titan RebellionComplete Campaign1.0.0HLP Collection Thread
Walls Closing - French TranslationFrenchWalls ClosingComplete Campaign1.2.3HLP Collection Thread
Warzone - French TranslationFrenchWarzoneComplete Campaign2.5.1HLP Collection Thread
Translations for FreeSpace Port:
FreeSpace PortEnglish, French, German,
Polish, Italian & Spanish
FreeSpace PortFreeSpace Main Campaign & Silent Threat: RebornFSPort 3.7.1HLP Thread
FreeSpace Port - French TranslationFrenchFreeSpace PortFreeSpace Main Campaign, FreeSpace: Silent Threat,
Operation Templar, Standalone Missions & Multiplayer Missions
FSPort MediaVPs 4.6.8HLP Thread
FreiRaum: FreeSpace PortEnglish & GermanFreeSpace PortFreeSpace Main Campaign, FreeSpace: Silent Threat,
Operation Templar, Standalone Missions & Multiplayer Missions
FSPort MediaVPs 3.5German Forum Thread
Traducción FreeSpace 2: FSPort versión fsopenSpanishFreeSpace PortFreeSpace Main Campaign, FreeSpace: Silent Threat
& Operation Templar
FSPort MediaVPs 3.0.3Website
Traducción FreeSpace 2: FSPort versión retailSpanishFreeSpace PortFreeSpace Main Campaign & FreeSpace: Silent ThreatFSPort 3.0.4Website
FreiRaum: ErweckungenEnglish & GermanAwakeningsComplete Campaign1.0German Forum Thread
Cardinal Spear EspañolSpanishCardinal SpearCardinal Spear & Cardinal Spear: Vega1.0Spanish Forum Thread / Download Mirror
FreiRaum: Deneb IIIEnglish & GermanDeneb IIIComplete Campaign1.2German Forum Thread
Silent Threat: Reborn - French TranslationFrenchSilent Threat: RebornComplete Campaign & Standalone Missions1.6.0HLP Thread
FreiRaum: Stille Bedrohung: WiedergeborenEnglish & GermanSilent Threat: RebornComplete Campaign & Standalone Missions1.4German Forum Thread
Traducción FSPort: Silent Threat: RebornSpanishSilent Threat: RebornComplete Campaign1.0Website
The Destiny of Peace - French TranslationFrenchThe Destiny of PeaceComplete Campaign1.2.0HLP Collection Thread
FreiRaum: Das Schicksal des FriedensEnglish & GermanThe Destiny of PeaceComplete Campaign1.1German Forum Thread
Translations for Beyond the Red Line:
Traducción Beyond the Red LineSpanishBeyond the Red LineDemo CampaignBtRL 1.0.3Website
Translations for Diaspora:
Diaspora: Shattered ArmisticeEnglish, French,
German & Spanish
DiasporaMod is fully translated in French
Other languages have translated menus only
Release Version 1.1.4HLP Thread
Translations for Solaris:
Solaris - French TranslationFrenchSolarisComplete Campaigns2.2.10HLP Collection Thread
Translations for The Babylon Project:
Traducción The Babylon ProjectSpanishThe Babylon ProjectAchen Schooling Flight, Awakening of the Beast, Dark Children,
Drums of War, Drums of War 2, Earth-Brakiri War, Earth-Minbari War Demo,
Fortune Hunters 2259, Fortune Hunters 2260, Infestation, Operation Black Sun,
Operation Suppression, Raider Wars, Survivor & The Black Hand - Episode I
DVD Release 1.0Website
Translations for Wing Commander Saga:
Wing Commander Saga DeutschGermanWing Commander SagaMain Campaign & PrologueWCS 1.1German Forum Thread
Traducción Wing Commander SagaSpanishWing Commander SagaPrologueWCS Prologue 1.1Website
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 08:31:27 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Congrats on the board dude.
Hopefully we'll get more traffic and, increased output of amazing new mods from this..
👍👍
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Diaspora supports German, French and Spanish natively.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Diaspora supports German, French and Spanish natively.

Well, there is a strings.tbl translation in the said languages.
But not a tstrings.tbl one.

I am actually not sure if i should count that.  :blah:

For a start i put it in with "Menu only", even i am a little unhappy with it, because it is far off a fleshed out translation the other translations are at least.

Congrats on the board dude.
Hopefully we'll get more traffic and, increased output of amazing new mods from this..
👍👍

It is quite a honor actually... because i think i am in line of very few female Forum moderators on HLP :warp:.

And if i look to the argument in the site support board... this Community is in dire need of a Gentlemen attitude.
#Herecomestheladies
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:06:38 pm by Novachen »
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Well... updated the list with all of Achille's content.

During my absense with my little sathanas fleet to explode some stars in the depths of the universe, Achille was a busy little bee for the french community.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
After nearly two years i've updated this list once again.

Unfortunately the Website with some of the spanish translations is offline since a few months. But that is not even enough, as my personal backups i had of them, are also unavailable right now.

As far as i get them back, i will upload them and create a mirror.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 11:17:24 am by Novachen »

Offline Toranks

Hello! I am willing to correct Spanish translations based on old translations, but I do not have access to them. Please, as soon as you recover the backup, mirror the Spanish translations of Babylon Project, which is the one that interests me the most.

Offline Toranks

Good news. A member of the dlan clan found the translation and I'm already importing the text into the latest version of TBP. I can now get to work with this.

On the other hand, Diaspora does NOT have a Spanish translation despite what the topic says, since French is in the files, but not Spanish. Anyway, theoretically it was just the menus, so not much has been lost. I don't think it translates Diaspora completely, but maybe some important things on the menu. The problem is that I don't know how to put it in Spanish. I have left the question in its corresponding forum.

In the case of TBP, I will upload the translation to Knossos as a mod when I finish overwriting the English translation, but with support for accents and ñ.