Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141185 times)

Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
- Is the Murugan A Real Thing; will we see it in action in acts 4/5?

- What is Shambhala?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

- In BP cosmology there are things called the Dawn War, and the Brahman. Are these causal precursors of the Shivans?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

What exactly is the terminal protocol? How does it work? Who  or what created it?

Offline CT27

Will we get to see TEI era new Vasudan ships?

IIRC the tech room entry on the Hatshepsut said there is a newer class of destroyer out.

Will we ever see Feds vs. Shivans? Will the Shivan lines recorded for the UEF pilots ever get used?

What is the Great Darkness?

Offline Aesaar

Will we get to see TEI era new Vasudan ships?

IIRC the tech room entry on the Hatshepsut said there is a newer class of destroyer out.
If I can successfully model one yes for sure.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Will new ships appear on either side? What would be their role?

Everybody will be getting more ships (except maybe the Vishnans?) Prominent highlights include next-gen Vasudans, the Tev drone bombers, and various late-war UEF wunderwaffen.

- Is the Murugan A Real Thing; will we see it in action in acts 4/5?

- What is Shambhala?

The motive behind question one is in a way the answer to question two: which is to say, Shambhala is an attempt to exploit the GTVA (and the player's) psychological fixation on victory through ship-to-ship combat in order to create a blind spot through which true Ubuntu victory can be achieved.

- In BP cosmology there are things called the Dawn War, and the Brahman. Are these causal precursors of the Shivans?

The Dawn War occurred when the rich early universe became divided between defect-strategy powers (Cixin Liu's 'dark forest aliens', though of course BP got there first...at least in English) and the powers that would become the Brahman: supercooperators who overcame the game-theoretic optimum of 'shoot first speak never' through resilient alliances.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/UEX_Maitreya

What is this?

A necessary and possibly sufficient component of Shambhala.

What exactly is the terminal protocol? How does it work? Who  or what created it?

The terminal protocol is literally the Brahmans' dying design: the last-possible-aeon failsafe program by which their artificial noosphere was quarantined into diverging dissimilar universes, each isolated in subspace, 'gardened' by the Shivans. Imagine every computer on the Internet disconnected and air-gapped.

Will we ever see Feds vs. Shivans? Will the Shivan lines recorded for the UEF pilots ever get used?

Yes and yes.

What is the Great Darkness?

An emergent and inevitable property of metacognition in a rechnender raum incorporating the full Tegmark III ensemble. At the largest scales of computation, consciousness becomes a fatal pathology.

Offline CT27

I forgot, what is Severanti doing right now?

Is it likely that, at the culmination of the Sol War, both sides will believe that they have won?

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
 1: How will the heat death of the universe affect the Shivans?

This next ones a bit out there.   :drevil:

2: Let's say I (out of spite) encrypted "Alpha 1 giving middle finger.png" into the DNA of a highly extremophilic Terran microbe artificially modified to live in the atmosphere of a Y-class brown dwarf; and thus allowing them to survive into heath death longer then any other form of life; would these "Terran lifeforms" survive the Shivans via technicality and be able to mock/insult the Shivans on a personal level via Alpha 1's angry likeness living on in their genetic code?

Or is this quest for galactic bragging rights just a hollow victory gone to far?   :p
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

If Baru Cormorant would be part of the BP universe, what would she be doing and how ****ed would the people she's doing it to be?

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
How's Bosch doin'?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Is it likely that, at the culmination of the Sol War, both sides will believe that they have won?

Is both sides a fair assessment of the complexities involved or can the non human factions be seen as their own 'sides'?

What is Ken's goal?

Offline crizza

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/UEX_Maitreya

What is this?
Considering your answer and the text on that site:

Is that a shipyard?

Clearly not since it has defined rotation times and a max speed of 25m/s.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

What were the Vishnans trying to accomplish during the events of AoA? What are their overall goals?

EDIT:

An emergent and inevitable property of metacognition in a rechnender raum incorporating the full Tegmark III ensemble. At the largest scales of computation, consciousness becomes a fatal pathology.

Did the great darkness destroy the Brahmans?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:05:28 pm by Garfield »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Clearly not since it has defined rotation times and a max speed of 25m/s.
Plus the shipyard model itself is longer than 2 clicks. I guess this is resized Vexor, or one of Cadius' models.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Upon reading this, I am reminded of The Architect from the Matrix movies.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!