Author Topic: Crash to desktop during "Her Finest Hour", now game won't recognise joystick  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Darien

Crash to desktop during "Her Finest Hour", now game won't recognise joystick
I've been getting my ass kicked trying to finish this mission. Was finally getting somewhere when the game crashed to desktop.

Annoying, but it happens. I restarted, but now my joystick isn't being recognized. It appears to be detected fine in wxLauncher, but in-game it's not working at all.

I've tried restarting wxLauncher, reconnecting the joystick in case it was a Windows issue, rebooting the computer, none have worked.

edit: please tell me that verification isn't needed every time I post...

Offline Darien

Re: Crash to desktop during "Her Finest Hour", now game won't recognise joystick
Well that was quick. Managed to fix the problem - it seems that the Windows drivers had a fit, and stopped reporting that my X52 should be the default joystick.

I had to go into the Game Controller options in Windows (calibrate button in the wxLauncher tab), then click 'Advanced' and select "Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller" under 'Preferred Device'. It had been changed to (none) for some reason.

Oh, and awesome mod.  :yes:

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Re: Crash to desktop during "Her Finest Hour", now game won't recognise joystick
Well that was quick. Managed to fix the problem - it seems that the Windows drivers had a fit, and stopped reporting that my X52 should be the default joystick.

I had to go into the Game Controller options in Windows (calibrate button in the wxLauncher tab), then click 'Advanced' and select "Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller" under 'Preferred Device'. It had been changed to (none) for some reason.

Oh, and awesome mod.  :yes:

You are a saint amongst mankind for telling us how you fixed this.  I hate finding dead-end threads.

Offline Darien

You are a saint amongst mankind for telling us how you fixed this.  I hate finding dead-end threads.

I do too. Obligatory XKCD: http://xkcd.com/979/