General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Battuta's Guide to Finding Your First (Or Next!) Campaign

<< < (2/23) > >>

General Battuta:
Whoops! Fixed it.

Klaustrophobia:
i'd say Destiny of Peace is a must-add to the FS1 era campaigns section.

and there IS a reason to play the original silent threat: to fully appreciate the immense amount of awesome in Reborn.  certainly not required, but i definitely got more out of Reborn having played the original first (many times trying to make sense of it).

SypheDMar:

--- Quote from: Klaustrophobia on April 25, 2012, 08:01:18 pm ---and there IS a reason to play the original silent threat: to fully appreciate the immense amount of awesome in Reborn.  certainly not required, but i definitely got more out of Reborn having played the original first (many times trying to make sense of it).

--- End quote ---
I agree. Without Silent Threat, ST:R is just a good campaign. ST gave ST:R a direction and showed how much better ST:R really is compared to the original.

NGTM-1R:
I'd actually argue you should play Silent Threat to understand the real FS story as opposed to the additions we made up; the Shivan-related missions have important details to offer on that species. Even Hellfire, bad as it is, offers clues that put the lie to the hive mind theory.

Qent:
+1 for playing the original Silent Threat first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version