Author Topic: Permission to use ASW ships  (Read 3109 times)

Permission to use ASW ships
Dear Hard-Light.net members -

I was hoping you guys would help me out on something. Below is a list of ships, I would like to use in my mod.

If it's possible could you add a link to download models and textures in a zip file. I don't have away to extract them

myself from the mod. Thank you for reading this.

------ From Ancient-Shivan War Mod ------

1 .AF Kato by Bobboau
 -files- KatoNew.pof
    Texture list: Kato_AO;damage;Kato_AO
2. AD Odigitria by Aldo
 -files- Odigitria.pof
    Texture list: acap05;acap01;acap03;gatea1;gatea2;gatea3;aexhaust;blueline;damage;at1g
3. ACv Arkalochori by Bobboau
 -files- Arkalochori.pof
    Texture list: CORVST1;CORVST2;CORVST7;damage;atile6
4. AD Achladia by Aldo
 -files- Achladia.pof
    Texture list: GateA2;damage;Acap01;Acap04;gatea1;gatea3;acap05;AExhaust;blueline;AT1g
5. ACa Akrotiri by Bobboau
 -files- Akrotiri.pof
    Texture list: ACap05;acap06;acap01;damage;acap03;Akrotiri;gatea1;gatea2;gatea3

Your friend,
eagleclaw

You also can pm me here at this website with the ships and content
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:07:44 pm by eagleclaw »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Permission to use ASW ships
I'd seek permission/clarify with the mod author if they're available for use first.

For the record, I've no idea what their status is.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I don't think anyone even knows how to reach Aldo anymore. What's your use case for these, another Freespace mod? If so, just use them and give credit appropriately. It's pretty much an unspoken rule around here that any assets released in one FS mod can be used in another, and Aldo and Bobboau's work is very ubiquitous across HLP projects.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I don't think anyone even knows how to reach Aldo anymore. What's your use case for these, another Freespace mod? If so, just use them and give credit appropriately. It's pretty much an unspoken rule around here that any assets released in one FS mod can be used in another, and Aldo and Bobboau's work is very ubiquitous across HLP projects.
Pretty much this. All of those ships have their pages on FSWiki, and all people involved in creation of them are listed there, making crediting easy.

Regarding extraction of those assets from ASW packs, I assume it's the .vp file format that causes you troubles. Google WPView32 and use it to open the .vp archives. To get list of maps those ships require, download POF Construction Suite 2 [commonly known as PCS2] from Tools forum and open each pof file you want.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.