Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 7686 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops
Is it that hard to ask Infinity Ward and Treyarch to have more challenging enemies instead of just more enemies? I guess it's pretty difficult to withstanding a downpour of bullets from enemies who magically know where I always am but who the hell thinks this is fun? There's no room to maneuver and your enemies don't do anything than just stand there shooting relentlessly.

I wish for the next Call of Duty, Activision will just tell Infinity Ward to focus on multiplayer while they give the singleplayer component to a developer that actually knows how to do singleplayer combat well. Maybe they can put their recently forged partnership with Bungie to use.
I agree, it's been this way since CoD4 as I recall. The hostile AI sucks and the friendly AI sucks even worse.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Nuclear1

Black Ops has convinced me that Infinity Ward needs to have Treyarch teach them how to make a sequel.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Black Ops has convinced me that Infinity Ward needs to have Treyarch teach them how to make a sequel.

Didn't Activision pretty much slash and burn Infinity Ward anyway?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Nuclear1

Eh, maybe it's for the better then.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Finished the campaign, and I have to agree, it does have its moments story wise. A few times, got stuck on parts almost impossible to pass. Blame the AI of course -- I always do. Other than that, I am very happy with Black Ops.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to listen to the music in the file archives? Windows treats it as a .wav, but its really a .wmf. Nothing I've tried will work. Shame really, there is some epic tracks in there.
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
* StarSlayer recalls the halcyon days when he could pop the game disc into the radio and play the tracks direct.  Ah Forrest Green how I did love thee.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Kolgena

Is it just me or does this game have poor performance? I can barely run this thing, while I could max out MW2 just fine.

Offline mxlm

I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I dunno, I could play it fine maxed out on this outdated laptop.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The game is bugged on PC. Many players (irrespective of system specs) are getting serious performance issues even on the menus. Treyarch is aware.

The performance can be a bit of a gripe in some spots. Every other part can be waded through steadily. I'm sure Treyarch will release another performance patch soonish.

Anyone else have that problem with trying to play the music in windows?
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I dunno, I could play it fine maxed out on this outdated laptop.

wat

Personally, mine runs fine except in the multiplayer menus and the first campaign level, although I suspect the latter is due to my measly 2 GB of ram....
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Well, at least the graphics textures are good, right?

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/CalebDa/Codfail.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That looks like a gun straight out of GoldenEye. :p

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just bought this game and another hit of Xbox Live. Going to play this game nonstop to avenge my brothers who still have exams.

:D

I don't pay more then $30 for a game is what I'm saying. I can't throw money at stuff like that. Which is why I'm not even going to consider this because I can't pay for it. That's not to say I don't have money, I have ~$400 saved up. It's just I can't pay for stuff like that.

Yep. Me too. I save a lot up for other things. CodBlops doesn't seem the best way to sell it. CoD is not really my game... Especially with all those awsome games coming out this spring (Crysis 2, Portal 2, thatshootergamethatletsyoudoslidingswhileshooting) And that one awesome game I've been waiting for sooo long and we know is in development. A reboot of an old series.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Vanquish? But that's already out... what sliding-while-shooting game?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Story is definitely original. Am liking it a fair bit, although I did notice difficulty was a step up from MW:2, probably because of infinite respawning enemies. The graphics aren't up to the standard of MW:2 either, which was a bit of an immersion killer. I'd probably get more of the stuff with Reznov if I'd played WaW properly, but it's still quite good.

MW:2 was much cleaner, much clearer. Black Ops is very much a 'gritty' game, hell, you'll feel the dirt when you're playing. Make sure you play this one with the sound up as well, or you'll miss the good bits. Has a bit of a Treyarch feel about the story when it comes to cutscenes, looked like an extension of what they did in WaW, from what I remember about it.

My personal preference is IW's 'style', but I'm reserving judgment for the end.