Author Topic: TVWP FAQ  (Read 34010 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Originally posted by Knight Templar

You forget what stopped the T-V war in the first place. And with the Shivans in mind, you remember that it was a good possibility that the GTI (if not the HOL) knew of the Shivans long before they were 'announced'.

Thats right It would be cool if near end or somewhere pilot joins to GTI wing and find shivans:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Will you guys be making the Angel interceptor? Its referred to quite a few times both in regards to the Valkyrie and Perseus, and those are two of my favorite craft, and I'd love to fly the ship that started that wonderful lyniage.

And for the love of God, please, please, *PLEASE* keep the Shivans out of the story! I am sick and tired of playing through campaigns, and having the Shivans suddenly attack, or come back to life, or some nonsese bull**** like that..... There are a few campaigns that do it right, (i.e. Homesick, Derelict, Aeos Base), but for a majority of the time, its just random filler to stretch out a set of missions. Please, someone tell me that I am not alone in this!!! [/rant]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 12:16:10 am by 1701 »
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
It will be there... But that won't be till later chapters.

The first chapter we're working on is in the U-War era. You will need to adapt to quite some different technology. But i don't want to spoil your fun talking too much.

But it will feel really different than what you know from FS so far. :D

about the shivans: They wont be there... Maybe in the last chapter (as it's the end of the TV-War where they really appeared.).
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Anything I can do to help, ladies and gentlemen?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've been chatting to Tin Can. He's a FREDder and I know that you're looking for one :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Cool.  Is he a good one? ;)

I've also asked Skippy (of Machina Terra) to help FRED.  He should be arriving shortly (assuming his internal access goes through).

You can ask Goober5000 once he gets my mission that he told me to make to send it off to you.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Skippy too eh?

We're aiming for a complete staff refill here aren't we :)

Really, it's not the quantity, it's the quality. Get people that really want to work for TVWP, not just promise to help and disappear all again after some snippet of activity.

I really want to get away from this staff system:

100 % people ==>  TVWP Long Term Staff (5%) ==> 95% inactive or retired people

Oh dont worry. I mean, sometimes I might get bored with something after a while, but, when I feel like the public needs my help or people need me to do something in order to progress, I stick to it, like a mutha...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Lightspeed
I really want to get away from this staff system:

100 % people ==>  TVWP Long Term Staff (5%) ==> 95% inactive or retired people
:nod: Me too. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*wonders where he is on that scale*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

I am quite lost as well...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Nevermind. ;)

Just keep fredding like they tell you to, and you'll be ok.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Resuming the questions, will your cutscenes be in-engine, rendered or both?

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
As far as I see and willing to risk leaking confidential information, rendered cutscenes will be in some of the chapters.

As for in-game cutscenes: until SCP does smg. about it we can't really consider it - so in short: We don't know.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
As I've said previously over and over again, in-game cutscenes have been possible for a while - you just need to be clever with sexps.  Use toggle-hud, set-object-position, set-object-facing, player-use-ai, etc. etc. etc.  If people aren't willing to invest the time to experiment with sexps, then I'm not willing to make any more for them. :rolleyes:

Yes, we'll be using rendered cutscenes.  Many thanks to Lt. Cannonfodder for making it possible. :)

Yes! The cutscenes are marvelous!

And I use the AI fortunately. In the starting missions the enemy is only a Lieutenant and your squadmates are Majors or Colonels. After a while they diminish back to Captains and will stay at so unless you need them to run away.

how many missions will the campgian be? and will there be attantion given to a real story? not like a bunch of cheap made up plot like save h world thats it?:confused:
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, harkens night and silence is the light." Ajunta Pull, KOTOR.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Story definately is interesting - there'll be around 30 missions.