Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918299 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
It is worth noting that Laozi is one of the central figures of Taoism, so if the Federation has a fighter designated Lao Tze... ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Oh gods, I thought Battuta was just joking about the Planet Ears and all that. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't think you need to take them as part of our ultra srs grittydark canon. They exist with Mr. Cuddles.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Planet ears?

Planteers?

Darius, you are my hero.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Planet ears?

Planteers?

Darius, you are my hero.

qft
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, just finished WiH, and have been ordered to report findings here:
Spoiler:
Long story short, I've been playing campaigns since Derelict was released, and I think this is easily my favorite to this point. 
Highlights:
* Great character development.  Especially the written parts between missions.  Only other time I've been upset over a character's death before was in Homesick. 
* Fantastic use of new FRED features.  Liked being able to reload at checkpoints, and it felt pretty cool calling in strike packages.  The interactive conversation was Simms was a neat little bit too.
* Missions were varied enough to be entertaining, but never so desperate for variety that they bordered on the ridiculous.

Disappointments:

* It ended.

Well done guys.  :yes:  Can't wait for the end!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline -Norbert-

Disappointments:

* It ended.
I'm pretty sure this can be written without any spoiler tags

Actually it's more like it's on pause, since the story will continue  :p

Offline Gloc

• catstronautica
    • an intermittent signal
After having had it sitting on my hard drive since release, I finally sat down and played through WiH this week. It was fan-freaking-tastic. Thanks, guys. I eagerly await the next release. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
After having had it sitting on my hard drive since release, I finally sat down and played through WiH this week. It was fan-freaking-tastic. Thanks, guys. I eagerly await the next release. :)

Thank you for playing! We're pushing along and hope to have R2 ready in record* time.

Offline Archaic

define record time.

you could mean the longest time between releases! :shaking:

also
Spoiler:
dalenda est made me feel guilty as i bravely turned my tail and fled

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So I was randomly wondering,
In the BPverse, the GTVA colonies have about the same industrial infastructure combined as Sol.
What about the Vasudans? We know they recovered significantly faster than the GTVA did post Capella. But how much industrial infastructure did they lose when Vasuda prime got glassed?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
On the one hand, obviously a fair bit. On the other hand, since Vasuda Prime was such a ****hole, they were great at being IN SPACE. Witness the fact that even post-Vasudapocalypse, the orbital shipyards in Vasuda Prime were able to roll out 6000 Bakhas!

All in all the Vasudans are doing pretty well and are probably an industrial and scientific power on par with the Federation. However, like all factions in BP they have their own weaknesses, in particular some truly byzantine internal politics. Say what you will about the Terran half of the GTVA's failings socially or economically, its military will do its job and is highly responsive to political will*, whereas the Vasudan fleet is...well, while the Medjai are fiercely loyal to the Emperor, there's a lot of weird stuff going on in the rank and file fleet battlegroups. As far back as FS2, you can see that people like Admiral Ahmose were liable to play things a little looser than Terran admirals not named Bosch, and that situation has just gotten worse. (Who was Captain Apries of the Pesedjet anyway?)

While it might seem like the military and economic might of the Vasudans seriously outstrips that of their Galactic Terran brethren, the great weakness of the Vasudan people has always been their tendency to make everything incredibly complicated.

*barring transdimensional abduction by meddling aliens

Offline Snail

• SC 5
(Who was Captain Apries of the Pesedjet anyway?)
Wait, he was a member of the Medjai wasn't he? Why wouldn't he be loyal to the emperor?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
For all we know he's utterly loyal! But he is one of the few viable suspects for what happened in that mission.

Offline crizza

I liked the coincident, that Apries ship had a backup generator so it could jump out just when the GEF attacked...lucky vasudans^^

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well all Hatshepsuts have a flash reactor for that sort of thing, apparently. Which is cool.

Offline crizza

Well, then I missed that point.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's never actually laid out ahead of time, since there's no way the characters would reasonably know, but in our fluff the Vasudans (who even in FS2 were good at reactors) are now really good at reactors.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, then I missed that point.
The Vasudans have always been better at building reactors than the Terrans. This will probably become important when the Vasudans reappear in WiH part 2.

Offline crizza

Hm...well, if that's true...shouldn't BP-vasudan reactors be able to support that fancy ultra AAA?