Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918357 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
I don't know what else to say, so forgive me:

WOOOOOOOOOOO!  :nod:

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I'm curious, is it hard to make an explosion with a huge flash and bloom, for a nuclear weapon like the Eos? The standard blue shockwave is really...well...bland.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Like the one on the Supernova?

The Eos should already have a pretty good flash and a fair bit of faux-bloom...

Mars: just be aware we've still got to do Act 4 and 5. Unless people want to play Act 3 as some kind of super-mini episodic release, but I dunno...seems too much of a dripfeed.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Like the one on the Supernova?

The Eos should already have a pretty good flash and a fair bit of faux-bloom...

Mars: just be aware we've still got to do Act 4 and 5. Unless people want to play Act 3 as some kind of super-mini episodic release, but I dunno...seems too much of a dripfeed.

No, it's any news is good news. I don't expect the release anytime soon.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
What, THAT was the...bloom? There was...no flash at all and the bloom is hilariously tiny...I was expecting more, but...heheh, I don't think it's a high priority so...I guess I'll have to be content with the current one.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
What, THAT was the...bloom? There was...no flash at all and the bloom is hilariously tiny...I was expecting more, but...heheh, I don't think it's a high priority so...I guess I'll have to be content with the current one.
Dude. . . Supernovas and capital ship explosions do make a flash. Also, you keep on coming off just came off (to me) as extremely passive aggressive, and I don't know if you mean to.

EDITED
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:20:02 pm by Mars »

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I mean, Eos impacts. I'm not sure what you mean by passive aggressive though...what is it?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
 I suspect I simply misread your post, I tend to see passive aggression behind every bush.

Hang on, I'll look at the table, there's a good chance it's a simple mod.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Go to seven minutes in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGG1zyX5Cc&playnext=1&list=PL319DA3374E2CBE03

Too small for you?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That looks fine. The Eos isn't a superweapon, it has about half the yield of a Cyclops.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
That's fine? If you say so, then I guess it is. Although...nuclear weapons aren't superweapons? Interesting...even though it can wipe cities off the planet. Although, when it comes to weapons like nukes and antimatter bombs, one would expect a blinding flash of light and a huge bloom, and more for antimatter bombs. Would look pretty though, but...heheh, yeah.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Mate, I don't think you have an idea of the scale of FreeSpace weaponry. Your average Tempest or Hellfire rocket is nuclear-yield. An Eos is by no means a superweapon.

Now you can feel free to mod every weapon in the game to produce a blinding flash of light and a huge bloom, but I expect you won't have much fun.

These things are operating in vacuum. No matter for them to propagate a boom off of, and the flash is going to be incredibly short lived and far less impressive than it would be in atmosphere.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
That's fine? If you say so, then I guess it is. Although...nuclear weapons aren't superweapons? Interesting...even though it can wipe cities off the planet. Although, when it comes to weapons like nukes and antimatter bombs, one would expect a blinding flash of light and a huge bloom, and more for antimatter bombs. Would look pretty though, but...heheh, yeah.

GTM Fury It's a weapon from FS1, it was carried in large numbers, much like a Hellfire or a Tempest. Not look at the yield in the Tech Description - it's 3Kt - yes 3 Kilotons of TNT.

Yeilds in FS are very high. In BP they've been tuned down a bit, but still, a nuclear bomb is par for the course in BP. A lot of ordinance goes flying around.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, nukes in vacuum are basically a flashbulb.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I would, but sadly I'm not cut out for coding and modifying something like Blue Planet even for myself.

Well...I doubt we'd need bombers for a planetary bombardment since we can just simply wipe out an entire continent with a wing of Ares loaded with Tempests, hahaha.

Although, I'm not getting what FS1 is trying to do, by cramming all those numbers and kilotons and Class A B C threats into the tech room.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Mate, I don't think you have an idea of the scale of FreeSpace weaponry. Your average Tempest or Hellfire rocket is nuclear-yield.

That's something I really, really wish wasn't canon, TBH. It means that every time you give pirates or in BP the Gefs any secondaries at all, their motivation to fight the player ought to disappear. "We have 240 Tempest missiles. Give use what we want or we will start destroying cities."
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Mate, I don't think you have an idea of the scale of FreeSpace weaponry. Your average Tempest or Hellfire rocket is nuclear-yield. An Eos is by no means a superweapon.

Now you can feel free to mod every weapon in the game to produce a blinding flash of light and a huge bloom, but I expect you won't have much fun.
Well actually, Eos, Supernova, Apocalypse, etc were/are supposed to have the red flash like Helios, Cyclops and rest of the player usable bombs do. And according to the config files, they still do. Which means there should be visible red flash, unless it is obstructed by shockwave somehow.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Mate, I don't think you have an idea of the scale of FreeSpace weaponry. Your average Tempest or Hellfire rocket is nuclear-yield.

That's something I really, really wish wasn't canon, TBH. It means that every time you give pirates or in BP the Gefs any secondaries at all, their motivation to fight the player ought to disappear. "We have 240 Tempest missiles. Give use what we want or we will start destroying cities."

Except, you know, the 650 meter maximum range.  That kinda puts a crimp on anti-city strikes.