Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918293 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Maybe they just don't care about being incinerated.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Maybe they are babyeaters.

No wait, that was something different.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Luis Dias

Maybe they don't even understand the concept of "caring".

Well, they should at the very least understand efficiency. If nothing else, those ships were worth time and effort to construct...or grow...or phase in from some other reality.

I'm more of the opinion that the effect of the supernova was inheirantly chaotic, and some of the Shivan 'Captains' were just a little too slow to react. It's nice to see that they can make mistakes.

Or maybe they have a freaking huge number of saths and losing one or two isn't really a big deal :P

Now THAT would be kinda scary. (And funny)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, they should at the very least understand efficiency. If nothing else, those ships were worth time and effort to construct...or grow...or phase in from some other reality.
Maybe it's so insignificant to them that they care less about efficiency than being incinerated.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Or maybe the ones that died early gave everything they had to start the reaction that killed Capella and the ones that stayed even as they warped out were needed to keep the reaction going.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Luis Dias

You should also count the completely purposeless fight that the shivans were doing against the gtva fleets that got inevitably burned.

I think they just did it for the lulz. (Ah, you humans! You thought you had a chance? GOTC.. -- blast)

Offline -Sara-

I think blowing up Capella was extremely important to the Shivans. They wanted no risk, not any risk, that the GTVA'd have some means of stopping the Sathanases from doing what they did. Better to take precaution than risking the opponent having a plot-device to ruin the quality of your nova-able sun.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline crizza

Well...Batutta had this interview with a guy from Voilution?
THere was a line that the shivans used the supernova to return to "shivan-town"...think about it...

Offline -Norbert-

I think blowing up Capella was extremely important to the Shivans. They wanted no risk, not any risk, that the GTVA'd have some means of stopping the Sathanases from doing what they did. Better to take precaution than risking the opponent having a plot-device to ruin the quality of your nova-able sun.
Maybe the GTVA even did have the means to disrupt the process, naturally without knowing it. For all we know, simply opening a jumpnode too close might have upset the delicate process of whatever they were doing.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Maybe the GTVA even did have the means to disrupt the process, naturally without knowing it. For all we know, simply opening a jumpnode too close might have upset the delicate process of whatever they were doing.

Dear God, imagine the repercussions if the GTVA really did manage to somehow disrupt the effect. 80 Sathanii, glassing GTVA colonies.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
That's not a good thing.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline -Sara-

Hopefully they'd jump off into unknown space and find a similar star. Out of sight, out of mind.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Imagine the repercussions if the GTVA really did manage to somehow disrupt the effect. 80 Sathanii, glassing GTVA colonies.
The GTVA would seal more nodes. And then wait until they get anywhere else in the universe at the mind boggling speed of 54 km/h
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Nuclear1

80 Sathanii, glassing GTVA colonies.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE GRAMMAR INQUISITION.

Sathanas is a Greek word, thus the plural would not be -i!

*warp out*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The plural is 'Sathanas juggernauts' boys

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

*warp out*
Not completely! Satanas is a Greek word, which means, you guessed it, Satan. Volition added the 'h' to the name.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Nuclear1

*warp out*
Not completely! Satanas is a Greek word, which means, you guessed it, Satan. Volition added the 'h' to the name.
Even less completely!  Sathanas is apparently a Latin word, where Satanas is also an acceptable spelling!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
The plural is 'Sathanas juggernauts' boys
Or just 'juggernauts'. No other vessel, Collossus notwithstanding, responds to that classification in FS2 or BP* canon.

*I consider the Dante a 'superjuggernaut'
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."