Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918220 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Yeah, that tastes better.

And you wanna know the part I like better? Your Orwellian quote "We destroy to preserve", which is delicious in itself, as if they have to convince themselves (and/or Bei) that they are not doing what they are actually doing.

This paradox / inconsistency within pacifistic/conservationist ideologies is clearly an indication that species can't be differentiated so much in their ideologies if they are to survive in the cosmos. They have to preserve themselves and whatever they feel is precious to them. Having this point in consideration, I see no difference between the shivans and the vishnans, they only differ in what they want to "preserve".

Your point about shivans using an automated factory (or factories) is interesting and curious. I would want to know more about that, in a way that would be interesting. The problem with it is that it dumbifies and vulgarizes shivans into stupid easy riders of ancient technologies to bully everyone else, wiping out the lovecraftian mysterious charisma that they have in FS2.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
So one way to put it is...'don't define the Shivans'...?

Offline Luis Dias

Or define them in the campaign and then at the end smash those definitions to the garbage can where they should belong.

IOW, mindrape the players. You know you want it ;).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I hate arsepulls.

:doubt:

Offline Luis Dias

Snail hates arsepulls

FS is filled with arsepulls

therefore Snail hates FS

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I hate arsepulls.

:doubt:
That's not what MarsofWar said
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Snail hates arsepulls

FS is filled with arsepulls

therefore Snail hates FS

Luis Dias is unable to distinguish between limited viewpoint and arsepulls.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The Uckfay is an Arsepull?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

So the constant arsepuls of "Hey we are totally bashing the Shiv... " BEZZZZ BEAMRAPE BY RAVANA

"Ok, let's crack this nut, well we are on top again, we are surely DA BES...." BEEAZZZZZ BEAMRAPE BY SATHANAS

"Sigh, ok let's get this **** done, hey look we did it we are so ****ing Godlik...." BEEAZZZZZ BEAMRAPE BY SATHANAS FLEET

didn't happen and were all within my delusions?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:rolleyes:

Those aren't arsepulls.

Offline Luis Dias

Ah, ok so what is an arsepul?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There is a difference between a plot twist and a PLOT TWEEEEEST!

PLOT TWEEEESTS tend to be things that make things that came prior to them make no sense at all. Go watch some M. Night Shyamamlanan for examples.

Offline Luis Dias

Ok, so whatever I was proposing, it surely wasn't that.

Although I admit I did enjoy the sixth sense, and, say, the usual suspects.

But whatever plot twist one should imagine, it wouldn't be a stupid "**** whatever you saw earlier" one. I also didn't say it would be easy.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
didn't happen and were all within my delusions?

Luis Dias is unable to distinguish between limited viewpoint and arsepulls.

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Or perhaps I'm more demanding than you.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Or perhaps I'm more demanding than you.

No, you're not. I'd say you're considerably less demanding, in fact, since it's clear you don't have the drive to comprehend the setting and the tools used to convey it.

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah I'm just stupid like that. Thanks for that info.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ok, so whatever I was proposing, it surely wasn't that.
You said, and I quote:

Or define them in the campaign and then at the end smash those definitions to the garbage can where they should belong.

IOW, mindrape the players.

WHAT A TWEEEEEEST

Offline Luis Dias

Not if it is done correctly, like say in an investigatorial manner, alpha 1 is led to believe in a certain narrative and certain nature of shivans. Clues will slightly deceive you to confirmation. Some dark itch within your head still lurks though. There's something wrong in the narrative. And in the later part, you begin to realise that your anterior notions were wrong due to the lacking of a key information that shatters your pathetic ideas to the ground. Now you end up not understanding the shivans again.

Offline -Sara-

Either way I often see a lot of reasoning being done from a Homosapien perspective when you try to reason or approach issues Luis. You seem to have read a lot, have a lot of recallable knowledge, but you're applying what you know by comparing apples to pears. Something not developed under the same conditions we excist in (be it a different planet, temperature, lack of presence of natural threats, heck living in completely different universe with entirely different laws of physics and time) may have entirely different motivations, perspectives and morals. Per example, something could communicate and reason within a certain set of parametres to fulfill it's reason for, or way of excistence as effective as possible without actually being self-aware. Beings with a thoughtpattern we can at best only vaguely compare to OCD, or sociopathy. Non-corporeal energy with a god-complex and the nasty tendency to destroye and erase anything clashing with prime numbers, because they cannot oversee anything else than primes and innocently believe that to be a cosmic mistake which needs fixing. Even as a member of Homosapiens I try to still link these examples back to things as we know them, but one cannot play the anthropologist without immersing into a different culture, or be a sociologist while not staying to some extent statistic and unbiased. I know I'd never try to apply freudian psychoanalysis to my canine. :rolleyes: Why compare Shivans or Vishnans psychology to that of humans?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:40:29 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.