Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918429 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Netreba:  "Just pizza?  Steele said he'd also hand out free buffalo wings if we surrendered.  Besides, I like canadian bacon pizza, not pepperoni."

;)

:D

Also, after all the pilots of the UEF start ordering the pizzaz, the solaris would become a giant pizza delivery van! :D

(I finally understood the sekret project, YAY!)
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

:drevil: you mean the serkret projet? :warp:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:47:24 pm by X3N0-Life-Form »

:drevil: you mean th serkret projet? :warp:

They actually would make a great pizza delievery service since, much as I tried, Serkr's engines are invincible so you could always expect them to deliver on time.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
:drevil: you mean th serkret projet? :warp:

They actually would make a great pizza delivery service since, much as I tried, Serkr's engines are invincible so you could always expect them to deliver on time.

^^ WIN
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Anyone else see the Mass Effect 3 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51VNpCV_-dY) and get the impression that the Alliance is buying their interceptors from the UEF? Tragically it seems most of them haven't learned how to dodge anti-fighter beams yet.

Offline -Norbert-

What the...?
Why are the Reapers suddenly only using a single particle stream weapon coming out of their middle? Souvreign had one of those on each "claw"!
And if everyone there is dead, the building destroyed and the only things that move are all husks, why not just bombard the area from the air or orbit, rather than wasting your ground soldiers, who would be better used to protect the surviving civilians elsewhere.
God I hate it when trailers - games and movies too for that matter - try to look oh-so-cool so hard that it only ends up being stupid, even if they didn't throw logic out of the window/airlock, which of course they did.

And I think those fighters look more like miniature versions of the Normandy (the first one from ME1, which's look I like much more than the ME2 varient) than any UEF fighter.

Offline CT27

Also, what exactly is the Medjai?

I couldn't find a wiki article on it, but I presume it's the emperor's personal guard or something?

Offline -Norbert-

Khonsu II reinstated the Medjai, a close-knit band of military leaders and admirals who reported directly to him.
It's from the article "the Rift" both in the Techroom and on the BP homepace under the fiction tab.

So more like a council of military learders than a royal guard.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
What the...?
Why are the Reapers suddenly only using a single particle stream weapon coming out of their middle? Souvreign had one of those on each "claw"!
And if everyone there is dead, the building destroyed and the only things that move are all husks, why not just bombard the area from the air or orbit, rather than wasting your ground soldiers, who would be better used to protect the surviving civilians elsewhere.
God I hate it when trailers - games and movies too for that matter - try to look oh-so-cool so hard that it only ends up being stupid, even if they didn't throw logic out of the window/airlock, which of course they did.

And I think those fighters look more like miniature versions of the Normandy (the first one from ME1, which's look I like much more than the ME2 varient) than any UEF fighter.

Seeing as this is HLP, I'm guessing I'm not the only one here who paused the vid to get a better look at the spaceships. :D

Offline qwadtep

1-Some kind of super destroyer (UESD 'something')
UESD Nemesis, just for the crazy awesome mission where it and the Atreus keep nanojumping behind each other.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
that doesn't sound crazy awesome at all.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline crizza

Please, don't let the secret project be some sort of super desty like "Oh, we're loosing, we just have ressources for hardly six month, but surprise, we build a super desty and are gonna kick some ass!"  :rolleyes:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There's very little we can say except to promise that the secret project will not cheapen the conflict or disconnect the resolution from the buildup.

Given all the :WORDS: spent on economic, social, strategic, and tactical thought in BP so far, it'd be kind of silly to reduce the conflict to 'big ship, bigger ship' antes.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
... smaller ship with bigger gun?  :nervous:

(gorgon/gargon/goron/whatever-the-hell-that-thing-was-called cannon from whatever mod that was. made out of the freighter and meson bomb.)
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It's the Gorgon Cannon, and it came from Derelict. From the looks of it, there doesn't appear to be any concrete plans to put stuff like that into the mod. A few new ships, yeah, but a gigantic cannon, probably not.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

The Narayana is already halfway there to being a gun with engines attached on the back ;p

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Same could be said of the Chimera too I guess.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Well, both have a really good anti-fighter coverage. The Chimera especially, with 7 AAAs and 5 STerPulses.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
So I replayed the first mission of WiH and something was off. The Leeuwenhoek was seven minutes off from the convoy when I was in the middle of the mission. Was that intentional and my memory was off, or is this a bug? I had to Shift > to make the time go by when I killed all the Tevs.

Offline Qent

Just a hunch, but was its engine subsystem damaged?