Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918272 times)

Offline Darius

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Engines should be guardianed-threshold to avoid that. How old is bp2-core? There was an issue beforehand with the medical ship's default top speed being lower than the rest of the convoy's.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
So I replayed the first mission of WiH and something was off. The Leeuwenhoek was seven minutes off from the convoy when I was in the middle of the mission. Was that intentional and my memory was off, or is this a bug? I had to Shift > to make the time go by when I killed all the Tevs.

I used to get that in the old version of WiH. Don't get it now though...
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Oh gosh. You're all right. I thought I made sure that I was up-to-date...

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Oh gosh. You're all right. I thought I made sure that I was up-to-date...

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
so i started a replay of WIH with the update, excited to see the shiny new models i keep hearing about.  except, i can't see the shiny new models.  or much of anything at all except for thrusters and the torpedo explosions that white-out the screen. 

does WIH override lighting settings?  and if so, how do i make it not? 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Post debug log.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
sorry, i didn't really make it clear what i meant.  i'm sure nothing is WRONG, i just don't like how dark everything is (and the blinding flashes and sunglares, but last time i asked about that i got no response).  WiH has always been kinda dark looking, but unless i'm misremembering, it seems darker after the update.  i can only make out the textures when that side of a ship is facing a pretty strong light source.  everything else is just shadowy, and frankly bland.  AoA certainly wasn't this dark (if anything too bright with all the nebulas). 

if it's nothing that can be changed, then oh well i guess. 

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
my lighting settings are set how i like them, at least for everything else.  i asked if WIH overrides these somehow.  i thought it might because i know how fond the dev team and seemingly most of the players are of dark settings. 

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Aren't the missions built with low ambience?

Offline Darius

Mods can't change your custom lighting settings, and please don't make assumptions about what team members' lighting setting preferences are. I personally don't use ultra dark settings.

What the mod does do is add post-processing effects (higher contrast and noise filter) so disable post-processing in the launcher if it's not to your taste.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The missions of WiH are set with realistic lighting settings in regard with the distance to the Sun and position of nearby planets if applicable. Most of the time, when you're not near a planet, that means the mission is quite dark indeed, because that's how it's supposed to be.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Turning on emissive lighting in the launcher should brighten things up if you want more glow.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
And again, posting a debug log would allow people to check whether there is something wrong or not. Merely thinking one way or another does not make it so.

Offline qwadtep

The Narayana is already halfway there to being a gun with engines attached on the back ;p
I tried out the Vadrj.. Vad... Fleet Bomber a few days ago and it's almost as gun-with-a-plane-attached as an A-10. Wartime Special Projects indeed.

Offline CT27

Just some speculation: 

How long after WIH do you think the conclusion (BP3) will take place?

I would assume that since the BP website says WIH took place during the 'final weeks' of the Sol-GTVA war...that it wouldn't be too long afterwards.

Offline -Norbert-

That really depends on how WiH2 will end.
It might be another year and a half, like between AoA and WiH, or the Shivans might decide to ruin the victory party/presentation of the peace treaty to the public/whatever the BP team will come up with.
The one thing I'm pretty confident about is, that the Shivans and Vishnans will make an appearance in BP3.

Offline CT27

If BP3 takes place almost 2 years after BP2 and the war is still going on (and not insurrection/guerilla affairs...i.e., the UEF hasn't surrendered/signed an armistice yet), then they may have to take down or modify that line about WIH being in the 'final weeks' of the war on the BP website.  It's not a big deal, just that that detail would no longer be correct.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
If BP3 takes place almost 2 years after BP2 and the war is still going on (and not insurrection/guerilla affairs...i.e., the UEF hasn't surrendered/signed an armistice yet), then they may have to take down or modify that line about WIH being in the 'final weeks' of the war on the BP website.  It's not a big deal, just that that detail would no longer be correct.
How so? Remember that BP3 is not the next release, WiH was split into two.  The next release is part 2 of WiH.

BP1: Aquarius (Released)
BP2: War In Heaven (Part 1 of 2 has been released)
BP3: ???? (Not released and not yet being "worked" on).
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline CT27

The way I viewed it:

Blue Planet part 3=War In Heaven Part 2

Though I suppose we're kind of dealing with semantics here.

Anyways, if the next part takes place a year or so after WIH, then I imagine something important would have taken place in the meantime (maybe Mars gets captured).