Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918218 times)

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
If unrest gets too high and the populace starts rioting we can certainly release Act 3 but I'd like to get Act 4 done at the very least before release.
Are you playing Total War? Make sure to have a militia in every thread, and if you're playing Napoleon, then be careful of revolution.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Solution to the lack of patience, release a half botched side campaign ,à la Blade Itself, and don't patch it, then we'll appreciate you taking your time to make the actual campaign.

Or just tell us to suck it up and make our own campaigns :P

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Suck it up and make your own campaign.

You're welcome.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Aesaar

I'd rather we get a full p2 release, regardless of how long the wait might be.  Take your time.

Offline Darius

Yes, that will be the best outcome for all concerned.

Offline sgtbeil

The only high I enjoy is the high I get from bringing laughter to the world and playing WiH...and occasionally crystal meth :P

Offline CT27

I'd rather we get a full p2 release, regardless of how long the wait might be.  Take your time.

Not necessarily a "full" release though.   I say this because (it reminds me of), years ago when BWO was still at least semi-active, someone asked whether people would want the basic campaign as soon as it was done or wait a couple more months or so for it to be released with voice acting in it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well both BP campaigns so far have been released without VA, so i don't think that will be a problem.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
At this point in HLP's life, I believe we're well aware that voice acting will never take a couple of months. :p

I don't mind how long it takes as long as the result is on par with the rest of WiH.

It's one of the very few games I usually boot up around once a month cause I get the urge to play/see a specific mission. One Perfect Moment, Sunglare, Artemis Station, Ken and The Plunder are my usual suspects, but every mission had something to offer and I never felt there was a mission that I just wanted to get through to advance like some of the FS2 retail missions (looking at you Sathanas scanning mission!).

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
It's one of the very few games I usually boot up around once a month cause I get the urge to play/see a specific mission. One Perfect Moment, Sunglare, Artemis Station, Ken and The Plunder are my usual suspects, but every mission had something to offer and I never felt there was a mission that I just wanted to get through to advance like some of the FS2 retail missions (looking at you Sathanas scanning mission!).

Ah, Sunglare, it still send shivers down my spine and I get a serious case of the goosebumps. Even after my 50th play-through of the mission.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Yeah, kudos to whoever set up all the camera angles in that mission and synced it to the music, the presentation was top notch.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Yeah, kudos to whoever set up all the camera angles in that mission and synced it to the music, the presentation was top notch.

What he said.

Offline -Norbert-

What he said.
I too agree, though I'd like to inculde the intro into this compliment as well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I love you guys! You are all awesome.

I'd like to segue from there into a promise: if we cannot finish the Blue Planet story, if it appears that the project is at a dead halt for good, we will write the rest up as a piece of fiction and give it to you. We're very confident in our story, particularly in how it steers clear of the easy, cheap endings a lot of people have assumed and rebukes some of the weaknesses of earlier BP material (the Shivans are dumb/not scary, the Vishnans are boring/too friendly, the GTVA is blindly aggressive, the UEF is foolish and complacent)

I don't think many of us are at a place in our lives where we can continue to work on BP2 forty hours a week, as I was doing in the months before WiH came out. You're all right to think that progress has bottomed out; if we were still working at the same pace we did during R1, R2 would be done. But we love the project and we're so grateful for the community's continued interest and support. One way or another we'll wrap it up.

Though I will admit that I'm deeply exasperated at some of the discussions still going on. Ramming the Carthage would not have worked in a million billion years and I actually spent a ridiculous amount of development time making sure Delenda Est had to play out the way it did.

Offline sgtbeil

I love you guys! You are all awesome.

I'd like to segue from there into a promise: if we cannot finish the Blue Planet story, if it appears that the project is at a dead halt for good, we will write the rest up as a piece of fiction and give it to you. We're very confident in our story, particularly in how it steers clear of the easy, cheap endings a lot of people have assumed and rebukes some of the weaknesses of earlier BP material (the Shivans are dumb/not scary, the Vishnans are boring/too friendly, the GTVA is blindly aggressive, the UEF is foolish and complacent)

I don't think many of us are at a place in our lives where we can continue to work on BP2 forty hours a week, as I was doing in the months before WiH came out. You're all right to think that progress has bottomed out; if we were still working at the same pace we did during R1, R2 would be done. But we love the project and we're so grateful for the community's continued interest and support. One way or another we'll wrap it up.

Though I will admit that I'm deeply exasperated at some of the discussions still going on. Ramming the Carthage would not have worked in a million billion years and I actually spent a ridiculous amount of development time making sure Delenda Est had to play out the way it did.

Kudos to the BP team. But didn't you mention that you were near done Act 4? Worse comes to worse(I sure as hell hope not), why not do the bare minimum rather than release a written piece of fiction? Even if its not 100% up to par with R1, I'm sure that we'll all understand. Who else other than the amazing BP team took the time to put this amount of effort into anything? In conclusion, I love you all (strictly platonicly (no homo :P)) and hopefully R2 will be released before I leave for basic training in a couple months

Offline An4ximandros

Or the fanbase could stop being an ungrateful rabid savage horde and let the developers of this mod finish with the same level of quality they felt was right, seriously, we understand something of this scale takes time, and is worth the wait, Darius did Age of Aquarius ALONE and we got something awesome in the end, since then BP has had a mark of quality associated with it, let them take all the time they need to keep it, don't want to wait? Join the team then, if you can't do anything for them, then quiet down and be patient, these are people that put time and effort into something free for us to enjoy while having no obligation to do so, they can take all the bloody time they want.

I came to the conclusion we have been ungrateful churls towards these guys after taking a good long look at these threads today, really people, if we want to help, we need to step up the effort.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
But why? I would have rammed the Carthage!
Dammit it's a valid option NANANANANANANAA I'M NOT HEARING YOU!!!

in case someone cannot detect the sarcasm:
:p
el hombre vicio...

Offline An4ximandros

How would ramming this be of any use on that mission? I still can't believe I found a gas tower named Carthage...

Offline -Norbert-

Considering how far along WiH2 is according to the team and considering them mention of Shivans and Vishnans (combined with earlier comments about the GTVA-UEF war being played out between the Human factions) I think General Battuta was more talking about BP3 when mentioning a fiction release.