Author Topic: Big bugfix build  (Read 12747 times)

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by WMCoolmon

The table errors mean that you're missing a required variable. I made the parser stricter - it gives errors instead of warnings - because it does cause CTDs in some situtations.

The tables I'm using worked just fine, never caused any crashes, but this bug seems to think they're all messed up (they're fsport tables, minus Shivan entries and the fighters have a trail coming out of each of their engines). The difficulty.tbl that it keeps tearing apart is just the default one.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
lol @ disable crashing
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I can't seem to reproduce the error...can you post your difficulty.tbl and/or the offending ships.tbl entry?
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I can't run this build. It performs illegal operation when I select it in the Browse window AND when I try to run it.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Turambar

for some reason, the weapon models build is the only one that works reliably for me
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline WMCoolmon

Any more info than that, guys? :p
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I told all I could. Command flags do not make any difference.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Turambar

i'd post stuff, but instead of crashing to desktop as usual, the game just freezes the screen where it is, and i cant do anything after that

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
This is...odd, to say the least.

Recently, I've been observing that FS2 gives me a strange 'over-exposure' effect. I managed to stop this previously by removing the 'disable setting of gamma' field and then resetting the brightness.

Now it's back again, and it's making all my nebulas look like crap in FS2, while in FRED they look perfectly acceptable.  If i try to run FS2 with the same .pcx's FRED uses, it still looks crap and super-exposed :ick:

And this is with TBP and all the TBP nebs. I've deleted the HDRish on my PC, but it's STILL like that :/
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Over exposure is cool though! Did WMcoolman secretly implement it in this build? :drevil:

Offline Solatar

I've changed one thing (without the change it still does it), and it gives me an

---------------------------
Error!
---------------------------
Error: difficulty.tbl(8):
Error: Required token = [#End], found [1] .

File:.\parse\parselo.cpp

Line: 481

#Difficulty Settings

;;                                                                                                                                                                     VE       E        M        H        I
;;--------------------------------------------------------------------
$Max Incoming Asteroids:                                                                                                   3        4        5        7        10
$Player Countermeasure Life Scale:                                                                     3        2        1.5      1.25     1   
$Player Weapon Recharge Scale:                                                                               10       4        2.5      2        1.5
$Player Afterburner Recharge Scale:                                                                  5        3        2   1.   5        1
$Max Missles Locked on Player:                                                                                 2        3        4        7        99
$Max Player Attackers:                                                                                                         2        3        4        5        99
$AI Turn Time Scale:                                                                                                               3        2.2      1.6      1.3      1.0

;;always link primary lasers if energy reserves are above this percentage
$AI Always Links Energy Weapons:                                                                           100      80       60       40       20

;;maybe link primary lasers if energy reserves are above this percentage and hull integrity is low
$AI Maybe Links Energy Weapons:                                                                              90       60       40       20       10

;;do the same thing with ballistic primaries
$AI Always Links Ammo Weapons:                                                                                 95       80       60       40       20
$AI Maybe Links Ammo Weapons:                                                                                    90       60       40       20       10

;;Seconds to add to time it takes for player's enemies to get in range.
$AI In Range Time:                                                                                                                     2        1.4      0.75     0.0      -1.0
$AI Countermeasure Firing Chance:                                                                        0.2      0.3      0.5      0.9       1.1
$AI Sheild Manage Delays:                                                                                                5        4        2.5      1.2       0.1
$Friendly AI Fire Delay Scale:                                                                                 2        1.4      1.25     1.1       1
$Hostile AI Fire Delay Scale:                                                                                    2        1.4      1.25     1.1       1        ;original 4        2.5      1.75     1.25      1
$AI Damage Reduction to Player Hull:                                                               0.25     0.4      0.65     0.85      1
$AI Damage Reduction to Player Subsys:                                                         0.2      0.4      0.6      0.8       1
$Max Beam Friendly Fire Damage:                                                                              0        5        10       20        30

#End

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
$Player Afterburner Recharge Scale: 5 3 2 1. 5 1

theres a space where is boldened

WM: can you make the strict parsing optional.  this is going to cause some trouble.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 06:47:58 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.

Offline Solatar

Wow...this build tore my tables to pieces, but what was annoying as hell at first turned out to be a necessary evil. Kudos for the picky parser.:)

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Turambar
i'd post stuff, but instead of crashing to desktop as usual, the game just freezes the screen where it is, and i cant do anything after that

Ahh, that seems to be a problem with the music code since the Linux merge...turning off music seems to fix it for now.

Edit:
WM: can you make the strict parsing optional. this is going to cause some trouble.

I'd rather not...I don't mind making more tags optional, if there are ones commonly skipped, but it's just bad programming practice to have it possible to skip fields that the parser assumes are going to be in there. I haven't noticed any problems with the FS2 main campaign, the Derelict re-release, Inferno SCP, STL/the port's tables, TBP, RR, DEM, the Aeos Affair, Lightning Marshal, or SoK. The BWO Demo does seem to have some problems.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 07:24:48 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
WMCoolmon: Your build is screwing up the nebulas royally. See the above link for the pictures. The same nebulas work fine under previous taylor builds, so it must be that special feature you mentioned in the first post :P

Offline WMCoolmon

It's not the special feature...AFAIK, no one's figured out how to even get to it. :p I've been messing around with the lowlevel image-showing code though, so it could very well be one of my multi-res changes.
-C

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Techroom!! I suppose I have the same problem as Raa....

Click techroom, CTD.

Offline WMCoolmon

Edit: Ooops, wrong window :nervous:

Build is on the way, incidentally.
-C

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
one question. is there a build without all the modifications to the low-res stuff, but with all the cutscene stuff? Will taylor's 01032005 have the cutscene stuff?