Author Topic: Featurez build  (Read 18785 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im gonna do some gfx for you. im gonna alpha the outer edge to zero and leave the inner edge opaque for now. also you need a way to fill the center with a solid color. im gonna use a 512*256 base resolution and cut it up from there.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
???

The effects I use work perfectly in all other builds.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok, the interface files are at www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/fsinterface/interface.zip
also i can easily add cancel and apply buttons for dialog boxes, just let me know what you need as you need it.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Thanks nuke. :D

Coming soon... (pending bugfixing of unresolved issues)
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
is that an on the fly pof editor?
:D

wait thats table data, this could be cool, freespace would be all you need to make mods.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
there is the little problem of FS not haveing a save_pof_file function, and it would probly be prety harry to make one.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
would allow for some wysiwyg editing. would really be usefull for glowpointing. onothier thing i can think of, use it as a viewer for shine/glow/env map editing. you need a reload textures button though.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it would be great, you'd never have to worry about your editor being out of date or anything, but it would be a major pain in the ass like you wouldn't beleive.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im still curious to see my interface graphics in actions.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

Hmm, gr_bitmap is very slow...

FS may be able to render a fully-textured 50k polygon ship, but tile the same 28x4 image 25 times and it dies.

Edit: You're gonna have to wait til tomorrow, Nuke, my quick-and-easy solution didn't work out so well. :p

Just a note, the set seemed to be missing the top right and mid right images, it looked like they got overwritten by the caption image.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:26:52 am by 374 »
-C

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
/*looks at gr_bitmap*/
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i shought you said theyd be stretched, not tiled. so i only made the texture 4 pixels wide. how wide do those need to be? that also means i can give them a little bit more textured look.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
what you need to do is get a little lower level than gr_bitmap, you might need to make a vertex buffer, that would defenately be faster than the way your doing it,but maybe I should make an interface for complex on the fly geometry, and give it some utility functions whle I'm at it.
if you can't get it wirking by the time I commit my code base I'll get that done for you, other things have needed this for a while anyway.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
grrrr stupid photoshop. ill add the missing files to the zip and make the borders abit wider.

also bob will be happy to know that freespace alt-tabbing works quite well, i can get out open 20 images ain photoshop and i can still go back and fire my minigun :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

Stupid timewarp...

Originally I was going to stretch them because it should be quicker than multiple calls to gr_bitmap, I just wanted to see them in action and tiled them. However, gr_bitmap was so damn slow that my computer was getting 5-10 seconds per frame.

At the moment, the width of the borders should be the same as the width of the corners, and same thing for the height.
-C

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I find myself just alt-tabing for no reason, other than just becase I can. :D
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Interesting, But, i 'm wondering if we could have the Perseus Cockpit with just the Last Shinemaps/Glowmaps without having the cockpit files ?

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Bobboau
what you need to do is get a little lower level than gr_bitmap, you might need to make a vertex buffer, that would defenately be faster than the way your doing it,but maybe I should make an interface for complex on the fly geometry, and give it some utility functions whle I'm at it.
if you can't get it wirking by the time I commit my code base I'll get that done for you, other things have needed this for a while anyway.

You know, what I was thinking of suggesting for Ferrium was making a class for simple objects, which would store all the info needed to draw it. Then you could do something like:
Code: [Select]

bitmap *bmp_ptr;
bitmap bmp
void room_init()
{
bmp_ptr = new bitmap(id, xloc, yloc);
//or - more flexible but takes up more mem
bmp.init(id, xloc, yloc);
}

void room_frame()
{
bmp_ptr->draw();
}

What would happen is when the bitmap was either inited or created, all the stuff related do drawing that bitmap in the current location (the 3D data, vertex buffers, what-have-you) would be stored in the class. When draw() is called, the information is simply sent off to the video card. For stationary objects with a stationary eyepoint (read: interface), that would give a nice speed increase, while keeping all the variables in a nice tidy package.

Anyway, I think I'll be able to make myself at least a stretch function.
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
Interesting, But, i 'm wondering if we could have the Perseus Cockpit with just the Last Shinemaps/Glowmaps without having the cockpit files ?

Er, do you mean the cockpit warning that comes up in debug mode?
-C