Author Topic: New build (includes FRED)  (Read 10703 times)

Offline Slasher

New build (includes FRED) (2005-04-14)
The "sliding backgrounds" problem seems to have been fixed in this build of FRED2.  :yes:

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Goober5000 : I will post everything into mantis within an hour. You can check it yourself then in Prologue mission 5  (I haven't altered it since the beta, because I need your change first :) ) I can insert only 18 empty new events (that would make around 2 or 3 completly scripted ones). I run of of SEXP-Tree nodes the same time in the old builds, when I try inserting the 19th empty event.

I will post complete error messages too.

@WMCoolman :  I have to second cobra's post about the launch-sounds errors. I'm getting them for nearly all weapons in my weapons.tbl and even for a few ships too. Goober has the tables, if you want to take a look into them.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline redmenace

New crashes
I was approaching an orion from afar switching my throttle using the [ and ] keys. This was the HTL Orion as well. the htl Sobek was off the the side of the screen with just the end showing. there was a message playing simulataneously.

Warning: Null vec3d in vec3d normalize.
Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Math\VecMat.cpp
Line: 771

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    vm_vec_normalize()    vm_vec_dot_to_point()    ai_path()    ai_bay_emerge()    ai_execute_behavior()    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()------------------------------------------------------------------

Next 3 or so errors appeared after I accepted the mission outcomes and gave me this:

Warning: Couldn't fix up turret indices in spline path

Model: cruiser01.pof
Path: $path02
Vertex: 1
Turret model id:13

This probably means the turret was not specified in ships.tbl
File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\ship\Ship.cpp
Line: 7052

Call stack:
    parse_create_object()    parse_object()    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Vertex: 2

Call stack:
    parse_create_object()    parse_object()    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Vertex: 3

Call stack:

This next one occured in the next mission when discovery warped in. I was also using the time compression keys.

Warning: Ship 'Discovery' has only 2 points on dock path.  Docking will look strange.  Contact Adam.
File:c:\languages\visual studio projects\visual c++\fs2_open\code\ai\aicode.cpp
Line: 10981

Call stack:
    ai_execute_behavior()    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

More Errors

Encountered this while approaching an ravana in an nebula while using afterburners and having cyclops armed but too far for a lock. I also had the weapons subsystem targeted.

Warning: Null vec3d in vec3d normalize.
Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Math\VecMat.cpp
Line: 771

Call stack:
    vm_vec_normalize()    vm_vec_dot_to_point()    ai_path()    ai_bay_emerge()    ai_execute_behavior()    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I encountered this after hitting the accept button in the campaign debreiefing room.
Warning: Couldn't open texture 'glass'
referenced by model 'fighter2t-03.pof'

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 2663

Call stack:
    read_model_file()    model_load()    ship_create()    parse_create_object()    parse_object()    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()------------------------------------------------------------------

Same as the previous
Warning: Couldn't open texture 'THRUSTER01'
referenced by model 'fighter2t-03.pof'

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 2663

Call stack:
    read_model_file()    model_load()    ship_create()    parse_create_object()    parse_object()    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()------------------------------------------------------------------

Firing steletos at a fenris while defending enif station. I was targeting turrets I think I just destroyed one when this crash happened. And in particular it was one on the top of the front portoin, not the main gun.

Assert: weapon_id >= 0 && weapon_id < Num_weapon_types
File: C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Weapon\Weapons.cpp
Line: 3995

Call stack:
    turret_fire_weapon()    ai_fire_from_turret()    process_subobjects()    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()------------------------------------------------------------------

Recieved this one just after the previous one.
Assert: TotalRam == total
File: c:\languages\visual studio projects\visual c++\fs2_open\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp
Line: 1443

Call stack:
    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    weapon_create()    turret_fire_weapon()    ai_fire_from_turret()    process_subobjects()    ai_frame()    ai_process()    ship_process_post()    obj_move_all_post()    obj_move_all()    game_simulation_frame()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()------------------------------------------------------------------

Recieved this one just after the last one.
Assert: f < MAX_MEM_POINTERS
File: c:\languages\visual studio projects\visual c++\fs2_open\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp
Line: 1489

Call stack:
    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    memblockinfo_output_memleak()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    weapon_create()    turret_fire_weapon()    ai_fire_from_turret()    process_subobjects()    ai_frame()------------------------------------------------------------------

Call stack:
    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    unregister_malloc()    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    memblockinfo_output_memleak()    doexit()------------------------------------------------------------------

Call stack:
    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    unregister_malloc()    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    unregister_malloc()    vm_free()------------------------------------------------------------------

Call stack:
    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    unregister_malloc()    vm_free()    ?1flash_ball()    $E6()    doexit()    exit()    WinAssert()    unregister_malloc()    vm_free()------------------------------------------------------------------

One so on and so forth.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
1st post:

turret errors: yes, it's a tbl thing. extract the original ships tbl to fix.

docking error: faulty dockpoints, if i'm right.

2nd post:

error #1: i have no idea. :D
error #2: the glass texture for the perseus is missing.
error #3: thruster #01 texture is missing.
error #4: i have no idea. :D

everything else... bah.

well? how'd i do goob? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Oh, and if you can, check out the turrets...I've had some reports that they aren't working properly, when they should be working pretty much exactly as they do in retail, with one small difference - other weapons on the turrets that have a snail's chance in hell of hitting the target ship will also fire. The first primary/secondary weapons will still be used to line the turret up with the ship.

there's a problem, check mantis
http://mgo.maxgaming.net/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000369
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 04:17:09 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I'm not Goob, but I recognize most of those.  This is debug output, or it had better be, because most of these errors aren't fatal.

Originally posted by Cobra
1st post:

turret errors: yes, it's a tbl thing. extract the original ships tbl to fix.
No, it's not a table thing.  The turret errors are due to something screwy with the Fenris model.  Afflicts the HTL Fenris but is also a flaw in the original.  Should be fixed in the code, not the model, since it's a stock :v: issue.

docking error: faulty dockpoints, if i'm right.
Again, that's a POF error, sort of.  Having only two points in the dockpath, if this is legitimate, should not be a fatal error (or even one that is displayed) as it is still perfectly valid, it's just that the docking ship may jump from one point to another as it trys to align.

2nd post:

error #1: i have no idea. :D
by the stack, it looks like it's path related.  Not sure though.
error #2: the glass texture for the perseus is missing.
yeah, make sure -jpgtga is on.
error #3: thruster #01 texture is missing.
That's the Perseus too.  Should be thruster01a, not thruster01.  I should get this fixed eventually.
error #4: i have no idea. :D
Looks like something stupid is happening with the turret firing code, as destroying a turret is causing some kind of memory error.  Looks like a proper stack-meets-heap crash from there on out, but I am not entirely sure what assert f < MAX_MEM_POINTERS is indicating.

everything else... bah.

well? how'd i do goob? :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 05:05:36 pm by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
For the Thruster01 texture, by nature its in the effects directory, but changes to FSO have restricted what directories things should be found in.  If you extract thruster01 into the texture directory it should solve that.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
It still doesn't show up for any other model though, which is why I find it strange.  Only a problem for the Perseus.  Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to putting a blank thruster01 in mv_core just so we don't have this problem anymore.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline redmenace

I figured a majority if those were vp problems or table problems but just to be thorough.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Slasher

Any idea why typing in a SEXP in FRED2 Open instead of selecting it from the drop down menu causes the editor to crash to desktop?

Offline redmenace

would some try the misssion sm2-01.fs2 or AKA Battle of the Wilderness and see if you are getting extreme jerkyness with a resonably powered computer. Try with the vps installed please.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
In background editor, fred2_open does not show anything in the bitmap list if there are no pcx versions included of those textures. Or do I need to use fredhtl for this to work? I haven't yet tried what happens to ships if they have no pcx textures too.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-jpgtga?
-C

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Does fred2_open need this flag on it's own? It's enabled in the launcher. And the file format fred2_open does not recognize is dds, which apparently works in fs2_open even without jpgtga.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Hmm. FRED2's flags are separate from fs2_open, but I thought DDS would've worked.
-C

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Another note, would it be possible to set fred2_open flags in the launcher as well? Would be more user friendly that way.

But since Random Tiger is no longer so active here, maybe not doable anytime soon... Unless he gives the source available to rest of the SCP staff.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Goob, I'm reporting a bug.  I tried out the ship-subsys-guardian-threshold sexp, but it complains when you put in the subsystem.  In fact, you shouldn't realy need to add the subsystem name in manually, since the selected ship would be in the 1st field.  I haven't tested it in-game to see whether or not FS2 complains as well.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm.

Mantis.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Here's a funny fred2_open debug error.
"Warning: $LaunchSnd sound index out of range on weapon X. Must be between 0 and 0. Forcing to -1."

:doh:

Edit: Gotta take the dds prob back, it started suddenly to work. Now lists planet and nebulaes in the background editor list.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:31:10 am by 173 »