Author Topic: New FS2 and FRED build  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
New FS2 and FRED build
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050423-Goober5000.rar

Latest CVS.  Includes turret fixes and some sexp fixes (including the sexp nodes bump fix).

Added to the website.//redmenace
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 03:37:05 pm by 887 »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
New FS2 and FRED build (2005-04-23)
Owch, you just missed my commits. :p
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Indeed. :p Should the build be updated, or are they safe to save for the next build?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I think people can live without properly-aligned context help in NSRs and an EXE a couple kilobytes larger. ;)
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just gave this new build a try.  I tried to load up ported single missions from the DoP campaign, but it CTDs as soon as the first loading bar is illuminated.  Using the debug build loaded with no errors however, and worked fine until some Hercs jumped in, and Bob's Herc uses 5 LODS instead of 4, which the debugger complains about.  I reverted to your 14th build and had no problems.  I haven't tried this with WMC's new build yet.

Also, with the slowdowns, lockups, and crashes in FRED non-HTL that the hi-poly models create, I've been recently opting to use HTL mode, but it still has some bugs.  1st is the object render position bug which I've brought up before, but I've seen some other bugs.  Firstly, when you select a ship, the model mesh doesn't get highlighted.  Also, some models don't display dockpoints or paths... mostly GTA fighters.  I've noticed this on the Ulysses, Herc1 and 2, Loki, all bombers (except Athena in the Port) and I think the Erinyes.  I'm not sure what would account for this.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Sorry to spoil all the fun, but the SEXP-Nodes in FRED are not raised at all. Have you tested it with my Mission ? I'm still getting the break at the same point in Mission 5 :(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
is the turret fix in this build? I want my diemos to fire beams, not sit in space and slack :p
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: New FS2 and FRED build
Originally posted by Goober5000
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050423-Goober5000.rar

Latest CVS.  Includes turret fixes and some sexp fixes (including the sexp nodes bump fix).

Offline gonz

Hi

When posting new builds would you be able to put the date in the subject field please. I am finding it difficult to see the thread relating to the lastest build in this forum. As people reply to earlier threads it all gets mixed up.

The stuff you guys are doing is fantastic. I am really hanging out for when shaders are implemented. Can't wait. What impact do you think shaders will have on the visuals and the framerates?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 05:43:24 pm by 2568 »

Offline gonz

Hi

Thanks to who changed the thread subject line to include the build date. It makes it much easier for me to keep track off.

Thankyou.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I haven't tried this with WMC's new build yet.

I can confirm that WMC's 04/24 build doesn't crash the way your 04/24 build does.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Can anyone report back on whether the turrets fire or not?  They're working for me, but i got some oddness in High Noon.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline starfox

Yep, all missions go CTD after one or two loading bars are illuminated, including FRED-made ones. I used D3D

I also tried variety of missions using opengl-mode, no CTD this time but instead "normal crash" occured during each and every loading try.
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP