Author Topic: New Build (May 14, 2005)  (Read 7731 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
New Build (May 14, 2005)
fixes:
-some turret fixes, highly painful.  hopefully everything should now be in working order.
-fade in/out sexps work when looking at suns
-dynamically allocated medals code: committed but kept crashing to desktop on exit.  So its statically allocated, but uses some of the new code
-GUI updates
-armor.tbl revamped

http://www.penguinbomb.com/phreak/fso_builds/fs2_open_r_05142005.zip

if there's any problems post them. If it crashes..... it wont. :)

THE MAP FILES ARE FOR DEBUG PURPOSES.  IF YOU ASK ME WHAT THEY ARE FOR THEN I WILL SELL YOUR SOUL TO SATAN OR SOMETHING! RAAARRR![/color]

Added to the website.//redmenace
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:17:22 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Solatar

New Build (May 10, 2005)
What's been changed to the armor.tbl? I've been trying to use this for some amusement, but it doesn't seem to apply itself.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
New Build (May 10, 2005)
i dunno.  i just copied some stuff from the commit logs that came in since the 2nd
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

New Build (May 10, 2005)
Tech Room still crashing with the TBP beta.

Error: Can't open file <>
File:C:\projects\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1647

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_r.exe 004eaea8()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0051a2dc()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0051b7cb()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0051c3f1()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00408d1d()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004f49ac()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004079a6()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004f4c9f()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a18b()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a1ff()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0065f0b2()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
------------------------------------------------------------------
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

New Build (May 10, 2005)
I also resumed the main campaign with a pilot and there is a load out problem with the tag missles. Tech Room is also broken.

Nebulea missions are jerky with the adveffects VP. This is a realativly new issue.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

New Build (May 10, 2005)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the turret code still seems to be having issues.  TFH again has the Sathanas doesn't fire issue, but it's also worth noting that after an initial volley, the collosus will only fire on the Ravana with a single beam

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
New Build (May 10, 2005)
TBP works again. :)

I had no problems so far with this build.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

New Build (May 10, 2005)
Not using any of the media VPs or mods other than the FS Port right now. Do have some custom textures, glows and shine maps, and no issues there. So far, so good - no crashes or errors. Ran smoothly for a 4 hour session.  Everything worked fine. Will continue testing later today.
All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
And a laughing yarn from a merry fellow rover.
And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.
- JOHN MASEFIELD

Offline Solatar

New Build (May 10, 2005)
For some reason the Armor.tbl stuff isn't registering, I still don't know why.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Here's the table I tested it with

Code: [Select]
#Armor Type
$Name: Destructive Armor

$Damage Type: Laser
+Calculation: Additive
+Value: 20
+Calculation: Multiplicative
+Value: 50000
#End

Then I made the subach have a damage type of "Laser" and the Colossus have an armor type of "Destructive"

It went boom really fast. ;)
-C

Offline Solatar

New Build (May 10, 2005)
I'm probably just doing something wrong, then :D

*checks over with fine-toothed comb*

EDIT:

Weapons:

$Damage: 16                                          
$Damage Type:Cannon
$Armor Factor:                           1.25
$Shield Factor:                        0.85
$Subsystem Factor:                     0.35

Armor entry:

#Armor Type
$Name:Vasudan   ; resistant to energy but knocked down by ballistics

$Damage Type:Cannon
     +Value: 5000
     +Value: 20
$Damage Type: Uber
     +Value: 100
$Damage Type: Laser
     +Value: 0.4
     +Value: -20
$Damage Type: Plasma
     +Value: 0.7    
$Damage Type: Light Missile
     +Value: 1.8  
$Damage Type: Range Missile
     +Value: 1.7    
$Damage Type: Cluster Missile
     +Value: 1.1      
$Damage Type: Bomb
     +Value: 1.5    
#End

Ships

$Hitpoints: 300
$Armor Type:Vasudan
$Flags: ( "in tech database" "cargo" )
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 08:19:44 pm by 691 »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Cool, fade-out's working fine now, but...

Minor problem which seems to have been introduced with this, custom loading screens appear to be kinda broken. It seems that it only displays the loading screen for the prior mission to the one you're actually loading now, which means the first mission you load will never have a custom loading screen. Also when I came to a movie (the loading screen for that mission was different, but like I said it only loaded the one for the last one - maybe related, maybe not) the loading screen simply paused at the second to last bar, then the audio for the movie played but the screen didn't move from the loading screen. I left to the mainhall and started the mission again, this time the correct loading screen came up and the movie played correctly.

Also thought I should mention a bug which I only just noticed, when certain ships warp out (just after they disappear through the subspace hole thing) it CTDs, though it seems that it only CTDs if it's a ship that didn't warp out in the first mission you load, though that might not make any difference (it never does this on the first mission, which takes a lot longer to load than any following missions). I didn't notice this before because I haven't loaded more than one mission in one session for a while, might have been around for a while.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Can i throw a suggestion...

+Calculation: Positive

Makes anything less than zero into zero.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Cool, fade-out's working fine now, but...

Minor problem which seems to have been introduced with this, custom loading screens appear to be kinda broken. It seems that it only displays the loading screen for the prior mission to the one you're actually loading now, which means the first mission you load will never have a custom loading screen. Also when I came to a movie (the loading screen for that mission was different, but like I said it only loaded the one for the last one - maybe related, maybe not) the loading screen simply paused at the second to last bar, then the audio for the movie played but the screen didn't move from the loading screen. I left to the mainhall and started the mission again, this time the correct loading screen came up and the movie played correctly.

Also thought I should mention a bug which I only just noticed, when certain ships warp out (just after they disappear through the subspace hole thing) it CTDs, though it seems that it only CTDs if it's a ship that didn't warp out in the first mission you load, though that might not make any difference (it never does this on the first mission, which takes a lot longer to load than any following missions). I didn't notice this before because I haven't loaded more than one mission in one session for a while, might have been around for a while.

1) So the loading screen is borked?  thats odd, it was working awhile back.  i think it may have to do with something about how the missions are loaded in campaigns.  Can you play the mission as a single mission (using -allslev) and see if the loading screen works?

2) perhaps related to 1, i dunno.

3) Never really noticed it.  Then again your description is rather hard to follow.  it should get an award or something.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
New Build (May 10, 2005)
I'm getting massive slowdowns when weapon-impact effects are shown, and that on a high-end system. Shortly after that, the games crashes complete. This is reproducable.

Unfortunately I can't run any debug-builds on my system. Shall I mantis it ? At least goober, bobboau and kazan have access to the wcs-data, to verify the bug.

BTW, in this build the turret-arms are pointing straight up again, I hope you haven't skipped that feature.

Specs :

Intel Pentium 3,2 GhZ
1 GB RAM
Radeon 9800 pro
XP, SP 2

Flags used are :

fs2_open_r.exe -glow -jpgtga -fps  -ambient_factor 125
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 12:05:17 pm by 1072 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Originally posted by PhReAk
1) So the loading screen is borked?  thats odd, it was working awhile back.  i think it may have to do with something about how the missions are loaded in campaigns.  Can you play the mission as a single mission (using -allslev) and see if the loading screen works?

In single missions it's just confusing. If I load one mission, it'll load a different loading screen from a mission several missions before that, or sometimes it loads a screen from several missions later. I have no idea what's going on.
3) Never really noticed it.  Then again your description is rather hard to follow.  it should get an award or something.

Ok: It never seems to happen in single missions. But while playing a campaign, if the first mission you load in the campaign in one session of FS2 has, say, a Faustus warping out, it won't crash. But if in a different session of FS2, the first mission you load doesn't have a Faustus in it, and then the mission after that does, when the Faustus warps out the game will CTD.

In case I'm still not making any sense I have constructed this helpful diagram:

(Note: It's not just Faustuses, this is an example)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
New Build (May 10, 2005)
:lol: Put that in the MS Paint thread! :lol:

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
New Build (May 10, 2005)
Originally posted by phatosealpha
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the turret code still seems to be having issues.  TFH again has the Sathanas doesn't fire issue, but it's also worth noting that after an initial volley, the collosus will only fire on the Ravana with a single beam

ok i'm looking into it.  Right now the bug started occuring between 4/1 and 4/15.  I'm narrowing it down right now.

edit: happened between 4/1 and 4/7.  The major things changed since then were goober's apply-to-wing code (doubtful) or taylor's vector->vec3d switch (doubtful as well, but something may have been inadvertantly changed that shouldn't have.)

edit2: i guess it doesn't work for 4/1 :blah:.  I think it worked for march 15 though.  

edit3: Got it constrained between 3/21 and 3/28

edit4: yea it was WMC's giant commit on 3/25 that did the trick.  i'll see if i can re-create the situation

edit5: found it
dist_to_enemy = vm_vec_normalized_dir(&v2e, &predicted_enemy_pos, &gpos) - lep->radius;

should be...

dist_to_enemy = MAX(0,vm_vec_normalized_dir(&v2e, &predicted_enemy_pos, &gpos) - lep->radius);

what happens since the colossus is so much longer than it is wide, is that dist_to_enemy is then negative since lep->radius is so huge.  This was then interfering with the minimum weapon range code that said that if no minimum range is defined then use a minimum range of zero.  and now since dist < min_range, the target is disregarded.  fixed.  *bashes WMC*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:41:35 pm by 31 »
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
New Build (May 10, 2005)
*joins in the bashing*

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
New Build (May 10, 2005)
new build at the top

fixes:
Colossus and Beast kill each other again
Possible fix for "Sunlight through ship bug": http://mgo.maxgaming.net/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000395
new medal code is working.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord