Author Topic: 03_05_2004 build  (Read 14787 times)

Offline redmenace

Secondly I am getting z-buffer errors in the tech room.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 03:08:34 am by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Sticks

People need to remember that a huge part of memory usage comes from 2 things:

1) Increased limits in game
2) Increased number of textures

Instead of a single (or for capships maybe several) textures being used for each ship, you now have at least 3, with glowmaps and shinemaps. Running without all the advanced texture options like jpgtga and pcx32 and turning off glows and specs you will see that memory usage is not significantly higher than the retail version.

Increased limits are also at fault, but we would get murdered if we lowered those.
"Napalm is good as a quickfire solution, literally..." -- cngn

"Shh... [Kazan's] schizophrenia allows him to multitask." -- Goober5000

Why am I still coding at 12:35am?

SCP: Templum sanctus ingeniosus

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
But then, if all the shines and glows were in a single file, TGA or what have you, it'd save performance?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline redmenace

I am going to post those bugs into mantis this afternoon.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
try a more recent build first
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline redmenace

have both been fixed?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
the out of memory thing sounds like you simply ran out of memory, try running it without haveing run anything before.

the other thing may have been fixed, I fixed something similar not to long ago
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by Bobboau
the out of memory thing sounds like you simply ran out of memory, try running it without haveing run anything before.

the other thing may have been fixed, I fixed something similar not to long ago

is that 3dship choice working? I know I ran out of memory, but it should not have done that.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

03_08_2004 build and the -mod option
Here is the Problem, I am using the Media VP and the shine maps and high res planets in a seperate SCP folder. My intention is to be able to play the SCP with the enhancements and still be able to play retail FS2 and the TBP(also in the seperate folder. The problem is that when playing the 3-08-2004 build the animations for the intelligence and weapons sections won't play in addition to crtain pof not showing up in the techroom(namely the Rivanna and Ricshasa). Also, the briefing animations won't play and other times mainhall animations won't play.
Here is the directory structure:

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cniinc

the version you posted, in the beginning of this thread, is it full of the bugs mentioned here or is it the changed version? Is an unofficial version less stable/more stable than the one released on 1/20/04, in the LatestVersion website?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You basically have to play about with versions and see what works for you. I've found the 20th Jan build to be the most stable one I've seen for a while so I tend to use it a lot but if you find this build to be more stable use it instead.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]