Author Topic: Euro 2004 tomorrow  (Read 14425 times)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Rictor
But in any case, its seems likely that Holland will be advacing to the quarter finals. They're facing Latvia, and Germany has to take on the Chezk Republic, who obviously aren't kidding around. It'll be Holland and the Chezks probably.

But Germany is going up against the Chechs who play for litterally nothing. They are already in the next round. Against Holland they had to win.

And Latvia almost won from Holland and played to a draw against Germany. I'm not underestimating them either.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

I too wish that Holland advances. Even if Ajax has trounced my fave teams' only chance of a European cup (champions league didn't exist back in 1971,)... still...

I think V.nistelrooi's goal has to be one of the prettiest I have seen, and probably the zaniest, wackiest. (on the germans)

I had a poll among friends' about his goal or the Ibrahimovic one. V.N. won because he knew what he was doing.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

OK, I watched the game, and regardless of the outcome, it was a great game. The ref did indeed make a lot of mistakes, but Robben ought to have gotten red for the sliding from behind, but the Dutch should have gotten the penalty for the grappling.
It was great fun to watch, and the first goal was very nice. The distance shot from the Chec, err, Mezden or something? That shot was great, too bad it hit the bar. There were some pretty nice attempts from Oranje too.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by kasperl
It was great fun to watch, and the first goal was very nice. The distance shot from the Chec, err, Mezden or something? That shot was great, too bad it hit the bar. There were some pretty nice attempts from Oranje too.

That was Nedved. He played a very good game for the Chechs, no doubt about that.

But thanks to that moron Advocaat, we lost the game. For as long as Robben was playing we were winning. He took him out for no good reason and put in the worst player of the entire team, Bosvelt (a defending midfielder) where he should've at least put in an attacking midfielder but prefferable v.d Vaart or v, Hooijdonk to keep the offensive spirit instead of falling back.

He is by far the worst trainer EVER. No trainer would make such a big mistake but him.

WHEN YOUR TEAM IS UP FRONT WITH ONE GOAL AND DOING A GOOD JOB YOU DON'T TAKE OUT A STRIKER! LET ALONE THE DAMNED BEST STRIKER ON THE ENTIRE ****IN' PITCH.

There... :p

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Originally posted by Tiara

That was Nedved. He played a very good game for the Chechs, no doubt about that.

yeah. that shot was amazing. "a shot from another county", as they said after the game here.

and even if the chzechs are set, I think they'll put up a fight to germany, just as denmark and sweden won't go for a draw, even if that would mean they're both in the next round.

and GT-Keravnos, Ibrahimovic knew what he was doing. Zlatan does that stuff quite often at practice. sure, he was a little lucky, as it went over that player, but other than that...
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Well, if Chzegia wins against Germany, and the Dutch win against Latvia, it'll be Chzegia and Holland throught to the quarters. Even if Germany makes a draw, but Holland wins, Holland will go through
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
There is still a chance... unless the Germans make a deal with the Chechs. Though that would be very obvious and cause a lot of commotion.

I still hope they hang that referee or something.

Hanging is a bit, well, troublesome. Just let him reff the next England game, and then let him loose between the hooligans. Then blame the Brits for their reasonless violence.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Hanging is a bit, well, troublesome. Just let him reff the next England game, and then let him loose between the hooligans. Then blame the Brits for their reasonless violence.

Excuse me while I rip out your ****ing throat.

They were ENGLISH hooligans. Brits on a whole include the Scots who are just party animals.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Oops.

Can I have my throat back?

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
See, thats whats I'm thinking. The Chezks (does anyone know the actual, proper spelling?) would rather have Germany advancing than Holland, or thats the way it seems to me. Easier opposition and so forth. Germany doesn't seem to be on top of their game, and its not like Holland got trounced by a comfortable margin. So....

Ah, we'll see. I don't think Holland can advance to the semis, whatever may come. Its only halfway throught the first round, and still there is no clear favourite except France. Portugal v Spain should be interesting, they're both great teams...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It's Czech, BTW.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by aldo_14
It's Czech, BTW.

Czechs, checkers... who cares? :p

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Couchon. (About the only French insult I know)

Sorry, but that word doesn't even exists, afaik :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Kas, here are a few suggestions:

Pétasse (***** or whore)
Va baiser un ... (Go **** a ...) [Not too sure about this one as baiser means 'kiss'. I heard it once or twice though.]
Branleur (Wanker)
Merde (****)
Pédé (fag/homo/etc)
Con (Moron/idiot/etc)
Add a couple of dozen more :D:p:drevil:

When I'm in France, the people there are always surprised that I can swear in their own language.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
i drinked my self to a pulp when we lost yesterday. And it was good.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Originally posted by Ghostavo
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(for Portugal, to be precise :p)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Good. Even if it's just because that referee was Spanish :drevil:

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Hhaha, Spain eliminated :p
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)