Author Topic: Euro 2004 tomorrow  (Read 14432 times)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by kasperl
Oh, gosh, I see you know my schools schedule better then all the teachers, the students, and the principal does. I'd better tell them we can't have any exams. But hey, here's an idea, I am not in 5 HAVO or 5/6 VWO, so it might just be that I am not having central exams. But how can that be? I might just have to ask my teachers. Oh, yeah, school exams, schoolexamen, schoolonderzoek. But of course, you know it better then everybody else, so I will have to tell them I cannot do my exams because you say so.  

Eh, first of I am a teacher :D

And second, READ:

Orginally posted by tiara
(Or is it 'repetitie week' from the lower classes? In that case, sorry for this comment )

Thirdly; You just reached the lowest level of respect on my book. If you can't have any fun at all but instead be all negative I wish you luck in getting past the next 10/20 years without ending up in a mental institution.

Ow, and Darkage; I was wrong about you. You're alright :D At least you can have FUN :D:yes:

And seeing I've had some beers (7 to be exact): :lol: @ this thread. Beer makes you see things differently (except pessimism obviously :ick: ):lol:

WHEEE! I can still type after 7 beers :p But I'm gonna quit drinking for now and switching to water so I can find my own bed tonight :D
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Tiara

Ow, and Darkage; I was wrong about you. You're alright :D At least you can have FUN :D:yes:

And seeing I've had some beers (7 to be exact): :lol: @ this thread. Beer makes you see things differently (except pessimism obviously :ick: ):lol:

WHEEE! I can still type after 7 beers :p But I'm gonna quit drinking for now and switching to water so I can find my own bed tonight :D

Just to let you see i can have fun,  and your alright also:D

the toillet pic is still a cool one!

bah i only had one beer and ran out:D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 05:05:10 pm by 23 »
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!

That's a good thing?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!

GO RUSSIA! :p

'tard.

I myself am mentally incapable of supporting russia in just about anything. Call me racist if you will. I'll enjoy it.:p

Nice to see Portugal won. I might feel a bit sorry for Russia for that oh-so-wrongfully given red card.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Yeah, everybody (and I mean everybody) hated that red card :/

Now I've got to suffer a bit longer to see if Portugal goes forward :shaking: comrade bastards :mad:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 05:41:22 pm by 1606 »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Greece 1-1 Spain

as I said, there are so many evenly matched teams, its quite impossible to predict the finals; maybe semis. What is this like the third tie so far? And round 1 isn't even halfway done yet.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de

Thirdly; You just reached the lowest level of respect on my book. If you can't have any fun at all but instead be all negative I wish you luck in getting past the next 10/20 years without ending up in a mental institution.

He could end up in sweden too. And we all already knew kasperl is a bore. and you can't type.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by kode
and you can't type.

I'm a tad drunk cuz of the birthday party and it's 2 am over here... gimme a break :p

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de

I'm a tad drunk cuz of the birthday party and it's 2 am over here... gimme a break :p

didn't mean to offend you. it's 2 am over here too you know, but I've only had one beer. for some reason.

as for going on-topic, I'm looking forward to seeing sweden again on friday. I think we'll give italy a fair fight, to say the least. Maybe Zlatan'll make more than one goal, that'd be fun (because the interviews with him are funnay). Not to forget Larsson and Allbäck, or Isaksson for that matter.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by aldo_14
A world without football is a world not worth living in.

That would just be a world with something less on TV that I wouldn't watch anyway :p

And Darkey: No, that toilet pic isn't cool, my mind is desperately trying to stop my masochistic imagination from reconstructing the rest of the pic. There's a small war in my head, all because of you,  hope you're happy :p
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 02:13:55 am by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Eh, first of I am a teacher :D

And second, READ:

Well, you know what, I did read. There is just that little thing of being in 4VWO meaning that any subject I end this year will be listed on my diploma, so if I fail my French or German, I can either choose to repeat the year, or risk not passing my final exams. There is a pretty big difference between a repetitie week and an exam week giving you two periods worth of exams at once, worth about 60% of your grade, all but one the last I'll ever see of the subject.

But if your highness thinks she knows better, well, tehn off course, no need to study, because exams cannot be given outside of periods not defined by the greatest mind in the universe, being you.  :doubt:

And I know you teach history. Doesn't say anything about your character or brains, though.

EDIT:
As for having no fun at all, I see football is clearly the only thing there is to have fun with. It is off course impossible to enjoy a good conversation, or have a good time without a reason to get so pissed you can't remember what you said 2 minutes ago.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are other ways to have fun that do not involve either alcohol, loud music, or some bloated sport involving too much money and not enough brains. But off course, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 08:33:29 am by 936 »
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!

Well, you know what, I did read. There is just that little thing of being in 4VWO meaning that any subject I end this year will be listed on my diploma, so if I fail my French or German, I can either choose to repeat the year, or risk not passing my final exams. There is a pretty big difference between a repetitie week and an exam week giving you two periods worth of exams at once, worth about 60% of your grade, all but one the last I'll ever see of the subject.

But if your highness thinks she knows better, well, tehn off course, no need to study, because exams cannot be given outside of periods not defined by the greatest mind in the universe, being you.  :doubt:

And I know you teach history. Doesn't say anything about your character or brains, though.

EDIT:
As for having no fun at all, I see football is clearly the only thing there is to have fun with. It is off course impossible to enjoy a good conversation, or have a good time without a reason to get so pissed you can't remember what you said 2 minutes ago.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are other ways to have fun that do not involve either alcohol, loud music, or some bloated sport involving too much money and not enough brains. But off course, I could be wrong.

Scool exams aren't 'official' national exams. School exams = repetitie week. The only difference is, is that you carry your grade onto the next class.

60% of your grade? :wtf: A single school exam week can't have that high a percentage. It's not even permitted. Even the national exams are 'only' 50% of your overall grade.

And seeing I was required to know all the friggin' eductional rules for VWO, HAVO and VMBO niveaus to even be able to apply for a job as teacher and am reminded of those rules every single day I go to work, yes I do know better.

And obviously you never had real fun if you think it's just about the alcohol, loud music (well, this one can be correct :D), sport, money etc. It's about the atmosphere. But I do agree that everyone else enjoys something else and this might not be your thing. But you don't have to be all ****ing negative and pessimistic about it. Just shut your piehole and let other who do enjoy it, enjoy it. If you want to have a good conversation then first of all, don't even enter a ****ing thread about football if you don't like it. Nobody forces you to. :ick:

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Calm down people... if you want to start a thread about school stuff in the Netherlands or even talk about it through PM, fine.

So now to go back to the topic... are any of you going to be here if your team goes to the finals?! :p
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 09:07:21 am by 1606 »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Can we get back onto the football now, please?

Totti banned.  Too bloody right, I say.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Can we get back onto the football now, please?

Totti banned.  Too bloody right, I say.

Good. That tackle was vicious and uncalled for. If he had hit him in just the wrong spot he could've ended the guy's carreer.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Good. That tackle was vicious and uncalled for. If he had hit him in just the wrong spot he could've ended the guy's carreer.

Actually, he was banned for spitting in Poulsens face.  Gotta admire Pulsens non-reaction - I'd probably break someones legs if they spat on me, let alone in my face.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!

Actually, he was banned for spitting in Poulsens face.  Gotta admire Pulsens non-reaction - I'd probably break someones legs if they spat on me, let alone in my face.

:wtf: And not for the foul he commited? :wtf:

It was Totti that almost broke the guys leg in to and shattered his kneecap?

(Sorry, didn't read the article :p)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

:wtf: And not for the foul he commited? :wtf:

It was Totti that almost broke the guys leg in to and shattered his kneecap?

(Sorry, didn't read the article :p)

I think their (uefa) hands are tied if the referee has already penalised the player during the match (i.e. even if its just giving a yellow card or even only a foul against) - because otherwise they'd be admitting the referee made a mistake and be undermining his authority, or some pish.  IIRC they can only penalise a player for something the referee has either missed (but which was caught on camera / complained about by the other team, as in this case), or which the ref highlights in his match report.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
if I fail my French or German, I can either choose to repeat the year, or risk not passing my final exams.

If that happens because you failed in French, let me know.
I'll laugh.
Because I'm mean.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!

I think their (uefa) hands are tied if the referee has already penalised the player during the match (i.e. even if its just giving a yellow card or even only a foul against) - because otherwise they'd be admitting the referee made a mistake and be undermining his authority, or some pish.  IIRC they can only penalise a player for something the referee has either missed (but which was caught on camera / complained about by the other team, as in this case), or which the ref highlights in his match report.

No, because it is stated in the UEFA rules that if a referee misjudges such a ruthless and blatant offense (if it happened in his FOV, which it did, that he is disqualified from refereeing any further in the tournament.