Author Topic: World's Barmiest UK Petition ('Make EU Support Treason')  (Read 1042 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
World's Barmiest UK Petition ('Make EU Support Treason')
I rarely do politics-related posts but this barmy thing is just too much to not post about; a sign for the world of just how unbelievable Brexit is getting; Some MP wants to brand me Treasonous. YAY!

When I thought it couldn't get any worse :rolleyes:. I shouldn't be even worried about it as it'll never make it through parliament in a million years even if it got enough votes for debate, but to put into perspective this would make me and other EU supporters automatically guilty of Treason (which IIRC in the UK is still mandatory, for-life sentence without parole; people incriminated would be locked up till death).

Clearly I have no choice but to seek political asylum. Anyone got a large cupboard handy? Will FRED for food.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: World's Barmiest UK Petition ('Make EU Support Treason')
Correct me if wrong, but a suspended Surrey councilor is not even remotely close to a Member of Parliament in the UK...is it?  At any rate, more evidence that some Britons appear to view fellow-Briton George Orwell's works as an instruction set rather than warnings.

Canada isn't abandoning lucrative trade arrangements with its largest trading partners, has a codified Constitution, a pretty decent immigration system, and doesn't have Donald Trump vying to lead it.  The only drawback is it is currently October 17th and there is 2-3 inches of snow on the ground in one of our largest cities.  Tradeoffs.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Re: World's Barmiest UK Petition ('Make EU Support Treason')
Correct me if wrong, but a suspended Surrey councilor is not even remotely close to a Member of Parliament in the UK...is it?
Good point, well presented (was just speaking in jest but nevertheless); suppose it wouldn't carry much weight even if the petition made it through since he's just a Councillor. I'm more laughing at the ridiculousness of it than anything though admit it had be panicking when I first read it.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.