Author Topic: The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.  (Read 20664 times)

Two Australians flying starfuries?! What is this world coming to?

*Upon seeing a Shadow Battlecrab*
"Crikey, that's a big one."
:p

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Azrael15
Two Australians flying starfuries?! What is this world coming to?

*Upon seeing a Shadow Battlecrab*
"Crikey, that's a big one."
:p

*throws crucifixes at the pesky stereotypes*

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
hey fury....you never said when you would let us know if we were needed or not.  Just wondering, because i know that alot of people are going to wait to commit to anything until we hear from you.  Me being one of them.  If we could have a date that we will more than likely know by, it would be very helpful.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Yeah, I'm with ShadowWolf, it'd be nice to know.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That certainly is true, but I don't know myself. I am collecting those samples, but it is IPAndrews and BlackSheep who should check those samples and decide who we take and to which role(s).

Things will speed up on this area considerably once Raider Wars has been released, which should be only a few days away.

I will try to make certain you will hear from us as soon as possible.

Count me In.
I thought id throw in an english accent...
Mild Euphoria Ensues

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I can provide some diversity. Accents is something I like to think I can do, although my basic accent is Home Counties English. In other words, boring. :D

I'll see if I can record a sample later this week......assuming I don't suffer the nervous breakdown I seem to be heading for.....
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
hey not to tell you how to run your business or anything...but giving one line isn't really enough to get a feel for a persojn.  I am not suggesting many many lines, but if i may....something like a page from a briefing.  More than one sentence will allow you to better hear the person in question, and the abilities that they do or do not posess.  Most of us who have sent files are serisou about wanting to do it, and to be honest, i would hate to see all of your hard work on this mod fall short in the area of voice acting because of an oversight.  

To be honest with you, i don't think anyone would mind at all if you were ot delete all of the files that you have gotten and post something along these lines for us to do.  i firmly believe that it will be of great benefit to you in the long run.

If i am overstepping then just tell me to go to hell ;)

Casualties of War

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Starting tomorrow, we will begin to go through the samples we have received so far and to write down the lines you need to record.

Are you still open to more submissions, though, or do you think you've gotten everything you need?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Well, we have enough samples but I guess a few more won't hurt at least.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We have more than enough male samples, but not a single female sample. We'd appreciate a few female voice actors too...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Where did you find your voice actors for the Earth-Minbari War?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Here and there. (Pretty much same method)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Because you had some really good voices in EMW.  Any way you can get in contact with those people again?

Originally posted by Goober5000
Because you had some really good voices in EMW.  Any way you can get in contact with those people again?

Well, except for that one line.

Tangentally I liked how a lot of the accents weren't "generic American" and represented much more of the world. I hope you guys do that again ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Alphakiller
Well, except for that one line.
Which one was that?

Offline Holmes

An actress here wishing she had the equipment and time to send you a sample.  I love voice acting- it probably rivals my passion for stage acting.  I sincerely hope you find what you require.
"But manhood is melted into courtesies, valour into compliment, and men are only turned into tongue, and trim ones too: he is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it."  

--William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene I

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
has this already been decided? i mean who is doing voices and who is not?

Casualties of War

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
At the moment there is not much progress on any fronts of development. Everyone are focusing on their real lives for a chance and unfortunately, does not have enough to time to work on this.

I didn't quite expect things would get this quiet, but there you go.