Author Topic: Post Raider Wars bug reports here  (Read 20782 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Post Raider Wars bug reports here
When I kill Eris, the carrier warps in about 6-8 klicks away and I can't disable it in time (I always slap her ***** ass down as quickly as possible and always reserve the task for myself).
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You can reach Eris that quickly? I almost never get to her before she docks.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline yohoob

Just finished the campaign, It was more elaborate then i expected. Had same probelm on ground mission the ships kept flying into the ground. I was able to kill eris just before she docked on my first try. Just ignore the raiders and fly straight to her.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by ngtm1r
You can reach Eris that quickly? I almost never get to her before she docks.

Put all power to engines and lean on your burners until you're in range. Then kill her as quickly as possible. A Sky Serpent isn't very agile, so it's not that tough.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline mitac

Finished the campaign this evening. It was quite entertaining, though I also encountered that bug in the 2nd part of the hyperspace mission. Furthermore, the mission design seemed a bit less elaborate towards the ending, almost every briefing/debriefing had spelling errors, and the chatter seemed somewhat dull.

Though it may be just me, tired as I am. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Not all of the chatter was dull. Some of it was quite expressive and conveyed a real sense of emotion.

EA Scyla: "This is mass murder!"
Raider pilot: "This is business."

By the way, I think it's Scylla, not Scyla. There was a ship called the Scylla in Inferno.

--General Battuta

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Uh well that's the last time I trust Tomcat for ship names.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline mitac

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Not all of the chatter was dull. Some of it was quite expressive and conveyed a real sense of emotion.

I was refering to the later missions. :)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by mitac
I was refering to the later missions. :)

My diologue has never been great. There are a few good lines though. IMHO. My fave is "Let's stroke off to the extraction point." in Hide & Seek.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I liked the line "We have some good news and some bad news. They always seem to come as a package deal."

--General Battuta

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by Alphakiller
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, and since it's a rather major end-of-campaign plot point, I'll put it in rot13:

Spoiler:
When Eris is taking over your wingmen's minds as you chase her and the Medusa down, once I kill Eris they don't revert back to friendlies. It seems like it SHOULD do this, but it doesn't. Intentional or not?
[/B]

It's not mind control. Think more along the lines of "death of personality". (lol @ IPA ):D

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by IPAndrews

My diologue has never been great. There are a few good lines though. IMHO. My fave is "Let's stroke off to the extraction point." in Hide & Seek.
:wakka:

ROFL!

--General Battuta

I have a bug in the last Mission.. after i kill Eris and destroy the Medusa, nothing happens, i can't jump out and have no new Orders.

I tried the normal and the Debug Build.. :(
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK.  I finally made it to the "Hell and Back" mission, and got the CTD.  Now, at the time, I was using WMCoolmon's latest build, that actually gave some kind of vertex buffer error, but no other builds give any kind of message.  PhReAk's build actually works better for me, so I used the debug version of his build, but it too CTD'd on me during mission load.  I've never been able to use debug build of FSO, as they always crash on me during mission load.  I may attempt to use the debug verson of WMCoolmon's build.  Anyway, I'm working under the assumption that its the battlewagon model that's the problem, since the game would CTD whenever I clicked on it in the techroom... no message.  So, I extracted the offending mission from the VP and loaded it up in the debug version of FRED2_Open, 3.6.5.  The following is an exerpt from the debug spew, relating the the battlewagon:

Using alternate ship type name : Unknown
Loading model 'battlewagon.pof'
A subsystem was found in model  that does not have a record in ships.tbl.
A list of subsystems for this ship will be dumped to:

data\tables\.subsystems for inclusion
 into ships.tbl.A subsystem was found in model  that does not have a record in ships.tbl.

into ships.tbl.A subsystem was found in model  that does not have a record in ships.tbl.

into ships.tbl.Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem fighterbay01, believed to be in ship battlewagon.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem fighterbay02, believed to be in ship battlewagon.pof

Now, using the line about an unrecognized subsystem as a guide, I extracted the battlewagon model and opened it in MODview.  At first, I didn't notice any problems, until I opened the editor and saw that the subsystem name for the engine submodels, don't have the "a" on the end, but the table entry does.  I assumed that that was the problem, and changed the table entry accordingly by removing the "a".  Unfortunately, when I reopenned FRED, an error message came up telling me that the subsystem name was wrong.  I tried adding the letters back into the table, then adding them to the submodels' subsystem names, and while the error message went away, I got the same lines in the debug spew.  I'm kinda stumped right now.  I do know however, that the battlewagon worked under 3.0, without any CTD.  I'm gonna look into back-patching it and seeing if it makes a difference.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK, I managed to overcome that bug by deleting the IBX file of the battlewagon.  Incidentally, during my investigations, I found that the rotation of the multi-part turrets are off on the Battlewagon.  Both components were using "X" rotation, while one should have "Z" axis. I changed that on my model.

Unfortunately, while I was able to complete the hyperspace mission, I've now encountered the bug in the following mission.  I tried the debug verson of PhReAk's build, and it just dumped me to the desktop as soon as I cliked commit.  Then, I tried the debug of Coolmon's latest and it gave me the following error message:

Assert: (objp->type == OBJ_SHIP) || (objp->type == OBJ_START)
File: e:\cvs\fs2_open\code\object\objectdock.cpp
Line: 344

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Clicking OK to this message just brings the same error message back again.  I did it like 15 times and then the screen went black.  I assume it tried to switch back to the game, which is pretty much like a return after an alt-tab situation, and alt-tab isn't fixed ATM.  This once again leaves me unable to continue this mod.  If anyone has theories as to what this is due to, please enlighten me.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, while doing some more investigations with a debug build, I came across a few more problems with other ships, but sadly they didn't solve the problem.  That said, I thought I should report said problems here.  The main one is the Primus.  It seems one of the 2 main dorsal guns has no normals for the firepoints.  Furthermore, the rotation for the multi-part turrets on this and the Secundus, is switched.  If you look at them in MODview, you'll see that the turret bases flip rather than rotate, and the turret arms rotate rather than filp.  I was hoping that fixing this would solve an issue I've been having with Primus ventral turrets, firing upwards through the ship (play the "Convoy Party" fan mission and you'll see this in the Primus that sits near the jumpgate), but it didn't.  Furthermore, I can't see anything about the model that would account for this.  In any case, this hasn't solved the problem of me not being able to continue in the Raider Wars Campaign, however, I did note that the "Convoy Party" single mission came up with the same error message under Coolmon's debug build.  If I can narrow it down to a specific ship, I might be able to identify what's causing all the trouble.

Later!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, it seems that the solution (at least to my difficulties) was staring me in the face every time I look through this thread.  The solution isn't to use just any debug build, but the 3.6.5 debug build.  It doesn't seem to CTD, but newer ones do... or bring up error messages, for which the result is pretty much the same.  I managed to play through that mission, though the sound cut out on me early on.

Oh well.  On to the game.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Thanks Trivial Psychic, we'll try to fix this problem in the next update.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmh... Trivial Psychic... are those errors you mentioned about Battlewagon still present after you deleted the ibx file? Multipart turrets should work fine if you're using Base 3.1.