Author Topic: How long to complete Raider Wars?  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
How long to complete Raider Wars?
Well i finished it and I think it was little campaign
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline rynadrk

Originally posted by Burns
So whats the best way to do it in THAT particular mission?

I prefer to load my squad with subsystem destroying weapons.  That way you can disable/disarm while everyone else does the mopping up.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There are Badger StarFuries available in that mission. Make use of them. Six guns instead of two is a godsend.

While I noted a few spelling oddities...Overall, I have to say I was impressed with the campaign, and enjoyed playing it once I worked out the CTD weirdnesses.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Burns

Well Ill be damned. I completely forgot about changing ships and weapons:rolleyes:
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline Burns

Ok, this is bull****. I order alpha wing to go after gibraltar while i go for the GOD. So I destroy the god and somehow everyone turns on me and I fail the mission. Whoopidi ****in doo...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
How about taking care of GOD with Alpha and Delta (or was it Beta) once the GOD turns hostile and let Gibraltal be?

Just destroy GOD's main beam cannon first, then destroy it. If the Gibraltal is still alive, go take care of it.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Keep trying Burns. You'll figure it out eventually - probably.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

No wonder that mission seemed so hard... I only discovered the availability of Badgers and different guns a couple of missions later.

Anyway, I guess it took me around 6-7 hours to complete the campaign. Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I didn't find it all that hard, except for that mission with the G.O.D. and the one with the long convoy of freighters. (On that one, the recommendation text didn't work well for me, so I tried something different and it worked :) ).

Offline Burns

Last time, I blew up the main cannon (with a Badger), then its missile launchers, then i finished it off, but somehow my wingmen and everybody turned on me and it was over...

Last time, I blew up the main cannon (with a Badger), then its missile launchers, then i finished it off, but somehow my wingmen and everybody turned on me and it was over...

You didn't happen to blow it up when it was still friendly now did you?

btw, I actually haven't got a clear idea as for how long I did to finish the campaign. I must say that most of the mission reminded me of the missions in starlancer (protect this, kill this all within a limited time). Currently my favorite mission is the one where you have to destroy the ground base. Man that rocks! :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 05:19:07 pm by 2340 »
Howdy!

Offline yohoob

any ideas on how stop the raiders fron destroying the psi cor shuttle afther they brake out of the freighter.

AMAZING CAMPAIGN.   I really did not notice any bugs.  smooth as silk.  I re installed it after upgrading memory and it played completly different.    The planetoid mission was amazing!!!!  The last one was crazy, you think EA could afford a few more ships!!!!
I tried using EAX sound but it still does not seem to work.   Creative Diag shows it is working though,, very minor.

Offline Burns

Yes finally got past that GOD mission and Im on that planetoid mission... nice touch. Yet for some reason my guys arent attacking the base.. any suggestions?

Offline rynadrk

Try a Badger and use the capship weapons on it.

EDIT: And about the wingmen not attacking it.  When I did it I sent them off to shoot the fighters for a bit.  They flew right overhead the base and then I told them to form on my wing when I went in to attack.  At least the guns weren't just shooting at me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:37:09 pm by 2446 »

Offline Burns

Haha, finally done. Some suggestions: Briefings: FS2 missions recommended the best ship for the mission: I suggest RW does the same. Hopefully, the addition of voices will help in setting the atmosphere. Furthermore, the dream mission (ie, clicking the commit button crash) needs to be adressed properly. Finally, allow some margin of error, that is for example like in the GOD mission: while there is a hint that something's not right with the platform it shouldnt have to confuse the player since the order to take down the Gibraltar and the order to take out GOD come in nearly simultaniously. A player cant be everyone at once;) . Apart from that, I enjoyed the campaign. Good work, just fix up some things here and there and youve got a damn good campaign. In any case Im looking forward to revisiting it when voice work is done for it. Btw, it would be awesome to see a Tales of the Janus work fully with R3.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yet for some reason my guys arent attacking the base.. any suggestions?

They won't attack whilst being shot in the ass by enemy fighter cover
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Roki

I like the campaign the diffculty was acaully pretty good although it does need to be balanced a little more i.e say 15 secounds more with the god sat before it opens fire little things like that to make it a little more easy for some people other than that its a good campagin and i liked it
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"

I found it reasonably hard. I loved the ground attack mission, I took out the base single-handadly. Heh.

And GOD Sats are powerful! It wastes the Orion in two shots!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by yohoob
any ideas on how stop the raiders fron destroying the psi cor shuttle afther they brake out of the freighter.

Put yourself behind the enemy fighters as they leave the freighter and head for the shuttle. Stick as many fighter suppression missiles as you can into the middle of them.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I didn't even fight against the fighters, I disabled the freighter and let wingmen take care of Raider fighters.