Author Topic: Help RW!!!!  (Read 2562 times)

Offline comic

when i get to mission  8 after Hell and Back i click to contiue the campain aftre the emergency mission brief and the whole program closes and im back to my desktop and the game is closed!!!

Does anyone know what might cause this as my computer has the base 3.1 on it and has over 1gig RAM plenty of HD space and a good graphics card

Thanks
"Every Light Carries A Shadow" - Carved on an obelisc on Z'Ha'Dum

"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching."
Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Plan A: Run TBP with one of the FS2_open_debug builds, seems to solve the problem for most people.

Or plan B (I'm not 100% sure if it works): Try deleting the battlewagon.ibx file in the TBP\data\cache folder. The battlewagon.pof was fixed in 3.1, but FS2_open doesn't recreate the IBX file after updating.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline comic

thanks will try it now

"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching."

Offline comic

Crap plan B doesnt work

Offline comic

where would i get a FS2_open_debug build from?? sorry am rather new to this havent played fs for years

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Go to the Source Code Project forum and look for the 3.6.5 release thread.

Bah. I have the forum open anyway. Just click this :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline comic

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
Plan A: Run TBP with one of the FS2_open_debug builds, seems to solve the problem for most people.

Or plan B (I'm not 100% sure if it works): Try deleting the battlewagon.ibx file in the TBP\data\cache folder. The battlewagon.pof was fixed in 3.1, but FS2_open doesn't recreate the IBX file after updating.

Plan B was what allowed me to play "Hell and Back", not the mission after it.  Also, for Plan A, not just any debug will do.  WMCoolmon's are just too strict and some between 3.6.5 and WM's will just dump you to the desktop as well.  As Kara stated, the 3.6.5 Debug will work nicely.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline comic

cheers the debug thing has it sorted thanks