Author Topic: My new campaign  (Read 25106 times)

Offline -Norbert-

I think that was his point.
If you get blown up, you certainly don't care anymore, how the war is going, because your dead and thus not really in a position to care about much ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Oh yeah. There is that.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fabbro

Originally posted by IPAndrews

You get to pick one race, and fight one other race.

ahh ok, sorry about getting a bit carried away there :rolleyes: I just have no idea what the FS engine is actually capable of and how hard these things are to achive

Originally posted by IPAndrews

I would like to see that too. That's what TBP is supposed to be all about. I'll push the engine as far as it'll let me in those respects for the "Mother of all Battles" mission

exccellent, im glad to hear that. I am really looking forward to this campaign should be very good to fly all the other race ships and fight against them that I havnt done in any of the other missions or campaigns.

Offline Cavane

Do you need any testers for this?  I'm willing to give it a go.  I'm very much looking forward to this.  Seems like it'll bring a lot more replay value to TBP.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Fabbro
ahh ok, sorry about getting a bit carried away there :rolleyes: I just have no idea what the FS engine is actually capable of and how hard these things are to achive

You could achieve that with the FS2 engine. It's just that BHX is already a nightmare of variables as it is. This would make it much harder to do most likely.

Then again I've written missions where something has looked like a witches brew of variables and then ended up doing something twice as complicated after getting some inspiration about how to do it more simply :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fabbro

So maybe for the sequal....:ick:

Offline yubyub

This looks interesting... Are there any updates?  (I won't blame you if there aren't, making something like this must be hard work!)

*Hopes for an update*

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Sorry dude. I haven't got a PC at home and work has been ludicrously busy. I've been working through lunch breaks. So I haven't done anything to BHX in a while. I still have high hopes of completing it and it being a really fun campaign but real life is making things difficult for me at the moment. Maybe you could all nag Karajorma into giving me a hand with it ;)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I would love to help you IP but I'm kind of snowed under myself. Plus I promised I'd try to have SoR complete by the end of the year and I'm pretty far behind where I should be if I want to do that.

Once I finish SoR I'll be looking at other jobs though :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You know I was kinda hoping to be finished by the end of the year too :). Oh well, any other slightly crazy mission designers out there want to give me a hand with this exciting and slightly mind boggling project?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That would be no then.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I can check over missions and help bat round ideas if you're wondering how to implement something (Although you seem to have a pretty good handle on that).

Nothing much more intensive than that though.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
I could help a bit with testing and maybe FREDing a bit, but my FREDing skills aren't  too complex:

If you would like to see some of my work there are two of my missions available for download at TBP main site...

Secondly I have spare time only during weekend as I don't have a computer where I study...

If you would like me to help,
please PM me!
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Sincere thanks aipz but it would be better if someone with a bit more FRED experience and free time were to help.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
For anyone who is interested. This project remains dead for a while. It's end of semester and I've had the usual pile of marking dumped on me. Plus I lost the most recent versions of the missions. Didn't lose everything by any means but I lost a selection of really nice SEXPs for printing numbers on the screen in the B5 font using subtitle images. They were real nasty to write and will take me a while to rewrite at this rate. Things would be much easier if the SCP team would add font support to subtitmes and a number -> string conversion SEXP (hint hint). Anyway. I still have the inclination to do this thing if not the time. Plus, by the time I get round to it 3.3 will be out and there'll be even more ships to link into the campaign.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Like I said before Ian, Babylonian History X sounds a great idea, after Summer 2006 when the Heat em up is done and dusted I would be more than happy to help out on this one. 

Shaun
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Hey, I found the number writing SEXPs. Well that's something. More or less back to where I was now before I lost my work. Still not 100% happy with the basic framework. The thing that selects missions and handles displaying of casualties and such. Once I am 100% with that I can move onto creating missions proper. Which actually is the easy part. That's next year though :(.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Merry christmas then all. How about someone offers to give me a hand with this campaign before I return next year?

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
Damn it.  I'd love to help you, but I've no modding experience whatsoever and only the most basic FREDDING skills :(

Anyway, merry Christmas to you and hope you'll have better luck from now on :)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Ill give you a hand with it after the new year :yes:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.