Author Topic: B5 Heat Em Up Camapign Release  (Read 20041 times)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
B5 Heat Em Up Camapign Release
The 28 mission demo of the Heat Em Up Campaign is nearly upon us.

The campaign will be available from the 16th Dec 05. WATCH THIS SPACE

Trailer - http://files.filefront.com/b5advancezip/;4477669;;/fileinfo.html

:) ;) :) :D ;) :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 09:21:46 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Re: B5 Heat Em Up Camapign Release
Campaign being uploaded now eta 1 hour (1510) UK time

;) :p :) :) ;) :p :D :p ;) :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Here you go - Download the 28 mission campaign

http://files.filefront.com/B5HeatEmUpDemozip/;4490597;;/fileinfo.html

Have fun

(read the readme file for installation instructions) :)
 ;) ;) ;) :p :D :) :) :nod: :) :) :) ;) :pimp:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:16:05 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Speed sucks... 16KB/s... maximus... US serv sucks... 

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'm sure it's worth the wait.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

you bet ( guess it is right time say shis fraze)... just complains of mine, sorry

Offline Cavane

Well, when we no longer have our own server for downloads, it just goes with the territory that we'll have to use free servers, and that they will be slow.  But don't let that keep you away, it is definately worth the wait.  :nod:

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Might take a while, but dont have much choice for hosting, (beggars can`t be choosers!).  Its worth the wait!!!
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline starfox

Commencing download...It's going to be long, but worthy wait
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
368 MB ?!? ....that's a lot of CB anis. But at least I get around 40 kB/s.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Just downloaded it. Created a fresh install and copied it accross. Started up watching the intro credits, and then there was no campaign to select, and no missions to start.  :confused: Any ideas what's gone wrong?

Tried it in my normal TBP folder and the campaign appeared, I just didn't have the opening credits sequence.

just dl and installed the campaign followed the readme now it wont start game grrhhh  :mad: :mad: any ideas?? :confused:

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Hmm, i`m getting 106 kbs for download speed, so i`m not doing to bad... 57 minuets till done.. I love having cable.  :nod:  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

djhardrock try moving the downloaded files to your normal tbp folder (not a new clean build) that worked for me, but as I've said it lost me the opening sequence.

Mission 3 appears to have an no end problem - the EAS Trinity was destroyed before the Raider carrier jumped, the should we chase message was sent by 'EA pilot' and the mission didn't end, I tried several time compressed minutes but nothing happened. Also mission 3 is hard, though mostly because the entirety of wave 4 appears to attack the trinity from inside it's engine wake  :mad:, and the trinity's seemingly eratic movements make it very vunerable to blind side attacks. Giving up for now as frustation>enjoyment. Will go back to it tomorrow, when I have time  :nod:

Oh yes and on mission 3 you suddenly lose control of your ship (no weapons fire, movement etc) if I try restarting without returning to the briefing/ready room.

Sorry I didn't have the time to help play test madaboutgames

Offline wuu

moving the downloaded files to your normal tbp folder (not a new clean build) that worked for me, but as I've said it lost me the opening sequence.

(not a new clean build) :confused: you mean the old fs2_open_r.exe =[
Der Freigeist

When I installed it I reran the TBP base 3.2 installer on a seperate and new directory to my existing one (which I I've downloaded newer builds, etc for). Trying to run it from this new directory resulted in the opening animation being played (which starts before you enter a username I think) but with no campaigns listed. Copying the heat-em-up files and running them from original directory (the one with various changes
to it) and I was able to start playing the campaign but lost the opening animation.

Hope that helps. If it doesn't the only thing I can think to try is to copy one of the existing campaign like raider wars accross to your heat em up directory and see if that appears in the campaign list.

Just tried installing raider wars in my heat em up TBP folder, the files extracted as expected but the RW campaign was listed either, so there obviosuly some issue with loading campaigns. For information -  the intro still ran after installing RW's.

Woops disregard everything I said. I haven't got heat em up to work at all. I was playing the Black Hand Demo. That'll teach me to read things more carefully. *kicks self* Doh.

On the other hand the Black Hand Demo isn't bad.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Hmm, it doesen`t show up in the campaign room for me eather..
So I tried the following, open the B5HeatEmUpDemo.vp, which is 323mb with vpview..

I used  ver. 1.3 (build29) but it shows an empty window, that, can`t be right... or.......

Is there a limit to the size of a file that vpview can open?

(edit) I originally wanted to extract the tables to the game directories, figured i`d mention that.  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:22:25 pm by Whitelight »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought