Author Topic: 3.3 release  (Read 53376 times)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Point taken, and apparently every version of FRED_Open that I have crashes on save if I try to replace Omega nameplates.  Anyone else have this problem?

Offline Slasher

I can't say I'm am, but as a temporary work around you might try opening up the text file for the mission(s) in question and pasting in the necessary information.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Got it too, but I'm avoiding it

these lines have to be pasted (in Editor) at the end of the entry for the Omega if it should have a nameplate:
Code: [Select]
$Duplicate Model Texture Replace:
+old: eaomega01a
+new: eaomega01a_siphron
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Point taken, and apparently every version of FRED_Open that I have crashes on save if I try to replace Omega nameplates.  Anyone else have this problem?

Are you using the correct type of texture replacement? Only Duplicate Model Texture Replace actually works.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

both crash it
but everything is fine when you past those lines up there or do the texture replacment with an old build (but those are not compatible with 3.3  :blah:)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Azodiak

Hmm...

I have reinstalled TBP-Base-3_2.exe, TBP-Base-3_3.exe (update) and the B5-3.3a-Patch and fs2_open_367.

But as I wanted to start TBP, the following error apears:

"
Error: Error parsing "ships.tbl"
Error code = 1

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Ship\Ship.cpp
Line: 3033
"

Hmm... there is no "ships.tbl" on my whole computer ?!?
What can I do?

Offline 0rph3u5

ships.tbl is located inside the B5-A-Patch-3.3a.vp...
if you are using fs_open_367 (CVS or official? if CVS, which date? :confused:) I recommend using the ships-adv.tbl inside the vp...

how to do? - previous page, a post by trivial in the middle of the page

==================

Offline Azodiak

I am sorry... but all that questions mixed me up. It is not very easy for an "only player" to find all that datas I need to play the Bab5 Project game. Why is it so damn complicating?  :shaking:

I like to install it and play it instandly  :sigh:

Okay, I think, all that different builts makes some trouble but where can I see, how old my built is and which version? And what is the difference between the CVS and the official release? Wuuuaaaah... so many questions. But I am very confused about all that.

Trivial said, I have to rename the ship data located in the 3.3a patch VP... but where is it in that patch? It is not possible for me to find it.
Maybe I should clean my glasses once again  :cool:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wouldn't it be easier to convince the SCP guys to recognize both tags?  This is what some of us would call backwards compatibility =)

Actually both tags are now recognized but a bug prevents one of them from working.  This will hopefully be fixed tonight.

Are you using the correct type of texture replacement? Only Duplicate Model Texture Replace actually works.

Actually, both work.  Taylor fixed the regular one recently.

Though this is referring to the game version.  LtNarol, do you mean to say that texture replacement crashes FRED?

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Yes, FRED (both the 2006-01-09 and 2005-12-22 builds) crash on save after I attempt to use texture replacement.  The crashes occur on both replacement methods.

This might seem obtuse but do i need 3.2 before installing 3.3?  Moving indivdual files over from anouther instal doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Builds included in 3.3a patch:

fso_367 - compatible with ships.tbl in 3.3a vp ("Official build")
fso_2005/12/22 - compatible with ships.tbl in 3.3a VP (last FSO build to support older animation code)
fso_2006/01/09 - compatible with ships-adv.tbl in 3.3a VP (last build before certain turret and AI issues came up, now resolved IIRC)

These builds will be extracted to your TBP directory by RAR, so look for them there.

To extract the ships-adv.tbl you need a VP viewer program, such as VPview or QuickVP (QVP), both available in THIS web directory.  Use the viewer to open the VP file, find the tables directory, select the file you want to extract and the destination directory (data/tables), then extract.  Select the ships-adv.tbl file and rename it, removing the "-adv" part.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline starfox

Just wondering, if it is possible to replace "Laser Turret" designation with "Pulse Turret", or Plasma Turret", depending on what is being targeted.

IE, you target Nova Dreanought, it shows that its weapons "plasma cannons" are designated as "laser turrets", because there is no such things in FS2 universe as "Pulse/Plasma Cannon". I wonder if this can be changed, so that when you target the Nova, it says "Plasma Turret", not "Laser Turret".

Something would also need to be done to separate plasma turrets from pulse counterparts, otherwise they all would be Pulse or Plasma, but not both....
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That would require some SCP changes.  It might simply be done by an additional line in the weapons table, indicating what class of weapon it is.

Just want to say nice job.. I can't think of any ships left out!!! 

:yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I sure as hell can.  :lol:

Offline starfox

Repair/maintenance Fury
Thirdspace Cruiser
Thirdspace Fighter
Thirdspace Artifact (would require some sort of animation code to work properly)
Narn Transport
That Minbari "Glider/Flyer" seen at the "In the Beginning"
"PSI-Core Starfury Transport" in the "Epiphanies"
"PSI-Core Mothership" "Maybe just reskinned Asimov ?"
Vorlon Dreadnought
First ones
Streib Cruiser
Soul Hunter Ship

And those are just IMO, must haves
Anybody can think more, be our guest....

Now, I know some of those ships are/Should be already under "construction", like VE Dreadnought, TS Cruiser and Narn Transport
I too, can think of an armada of ships left to reinforce us later.

:yes:

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

i guess i forgot those.   

Offline 0rph3u5

You are asking for any ships left to add?

Based on B5 canon, movies & Crusade canon:
EA Shuttle adv (with additional tanks etc.)
IPX Icarus
CR Robot mine (as seen in "Matters of Honor")
CR Crew Shuttle (as seen in "Point of No Return")
VE Asteriod Base
Technomage Ship (as seen often in Crusade)
& Civilian Ships of various kinds and sizes  :)

Others:
EA Cotton Tender
EA Sagittarius Missile Cruiser
EA Poseidon Supercarrier
EA Tiger StarFury
many more...

Tiger, Cotton, Poseidon, VE asteriod base and CR Robot mine are WIP as far as I know
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:06:41 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Ive nearly finished modelling the Vorlon Asteroid base, WIP Shadow base (concept)

I will also be modeling :

Mine (All Races)
Centauri Blockade mine
Lifepod (All races)
Defence Platform (All races)
Thirdspace Jumpgate Device
Shadow Transport / frieghter
Spaceman - a cool spaceman dude with a jet pack (eg. Sheridan in Thirdspace)

I will also probably model: (If they have not been done)
Stribe destryoer
Soul hunter ship
Centauri Transport
Narn Medium Transport
and maybe a few others :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.