Author Topic: 3.3 release  (Read 53367 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I don't get it started at all!
or better:

WHAT 0rph3u5 DID AFTER HE HEARD 3.3 WAS PUBLIC:

- downloaded 3.3 :wakka:
- installed 3.3  :wakka:
- installed newest builds :wakka:
- configured newest build  :wakka:
- wanted to see new ships
-- started build
--- BUGREPORT!!!!  :snipe:
-- tried fred
-- took another build/fred

all I can do is: NOTHING *grrrrrr*
I'm not using own tables (never did - leaving this to the pros)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 09:44:15 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I get with 3.3 typical old animation code errors and also i can see two separate ships.tbl and ships-adv.tbl files in there... adv seems to be using new animation code while the ships.tbl uses the old one.

EDIT: So by creating a data/tables folder and extracting the ships-adv.tbl there and then renaming it to ships.tbl some of the probs could be solved.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmm. The fact that the patch doesn't appear to have actually done anything to my non-standard setup might be why it's still working for me :) Oh well I'll install on my second PC and test again :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Why couldnt TBP just provide vp packages instead of exes?

Offline 0rph3u5

*did as wanderer told*

This one is new (mad laughts):
Warning: Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "DK Neutron Pulse"
in ship: DH Fighter's primary banks.

File:c:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 2359
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 007f73a1()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 007fd1f8()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 007fd663()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006d7b53()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006e47f9()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006e4b29()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 00b62fa7()
    KERNEL32.dll 77e98989()

Buttons are [YES] (Break into Debugger) [No] (contiue) and [Cancel] (exits)

used the newest build

/EDIT: 28122005 Fred works now!  :) :) -  but I just killed my graphics card by placing B5 [S1]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 09:57:59 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Some one has made a typo.. it should be DH Neutron Pulse, not DK...

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
I'm having the same problems like IE...

does anyone has a clue which builds work now and which don't?

Try a september release of the fs2-open build:)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline 0rph3u5

BTW another one.... still newest build

Assert: sip->primary_bank_weapons >= 0
File: c:\fs2_open\code\ship\ship.cpp
Line: 2873
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 007fd1f8()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 007fd663()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006d7b53()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006e47f9()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 006e4b29()
    fs2_open_d-P420060127.exe 00b62fa7()
    KERNEL32.dll 77e98989()

==================

I'm in the same boat as Orpheus. Just getting those exact same table errors. Tried builds 29/01/2006, 23/12/2005 and one or two others. No luck. Didnt try fred though.

Any ideas?
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline 0rph3u5

12/28/05 works at my place but: all models with more than 6500 "normals" cause crashes... sometimes they even cause a full shutdown fo my grahpics card

BUGREPORT:
Error: Model 'explorer.pof' has too many normals (6646)! Needs to be less than 6500!

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\model\modelinterp.cpp
Line: 1352

Call stack:

==================

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
After more careful inspection it seems that the ships-adv.tbl has lots of mistakes that have been fixed in the ships.tbl.. So if you want to use a new build with this you have three choices:

i) Fix all the bugs from ships-adv.tbl

ii) Change all the '=' to ':' from ships.tbl

iii) try this table (fixed table)

EDIT: There are 'non-power of 2' dds problems and such... those may crash d-builds (as in my case) but they shouldnt really matter
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:37:53 am by Wanderer »

Cool that worked. Checked out the new ship and they all look class (except the textures on the Vorlon planet killer. But it's still cool). The vorlon destroyer is missing though. The one that has the main beam that draws from the four forward arms. Is that still a WIP?

Thanks for that table Wanderer. Is it a fixed one or an old one that prevents any new features from running?
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
i dont really know what TBP was after but i certainly didnt disable anything from it.. It is simply a fixed ships.tbl where all entries that would have given errors with recent builds were replaced.

Offline 0rph3u5

12/28/05 works at my place but: all models with more than 6500 "normals" cause crashes... sometimes they even cause a full shutdown fo my grahpics card

BUGREPORT:
Error: Model 'explorer.pof' has too many normals (6646)! Needs to be less than 6500!

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\model\modelinterp.cpp
Line: 1352

Call stack:

solved...
run fred_open in htl mode if you do not already....
fs2_open just need a lot of time to bring these models up - do not interpret these long pauses as crashes (as I did)

December 28th/29th 2005 builds (fred & fs2_open) work perfect except for some trouble with missing textures textures (Olympus, Sharlin).... gonna see if Wanderer's fixed table helps (and if Drakh Cruisers and Carriers do have weapons with it now...)

this was turing up when runing one of my CSMs... dunno why...
I can solve it when some explains me what it is....

Error: Parse object doesn't have a pilot subsystem

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\missionui\missionweaponchoice.cpp
Line: 1255

Call stack:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:34:35 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Hey guys... We are looking at the problems, and will have corrections out soon! In the mean time keep playing yourself, for your inputs are very helpful! Thx in advance... The adv-ship.tbl is just using new animation stuff.... To be continued!

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
I've had a look at all the new models in this release.  Very nice.  Although, I seem to recall the Falkosi was gonna be in there.  Oh well.  No big deal.  The size of the Vorlon Planet Killer is staggering:  it almost crashed ModelView!!  Are the First Ones ships going to be as big as that when they are released?  I've never seen them in scale before.

Not all of the 1st ones are going to be ultra huge... If you will recall the walkers of sigma957 they were a roughly 5 to 6 times bigger compared to the white star..... The reason why the VPK is so0 freakin big is because it is a planet killer! Like the shadow planet killer... Now if we had an idea what the other 1st one races might have had for planet killers then yes, they all would have staggering sizes in comparison to the younger races!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Sounds like you guys should've done a bit of testing done before a release, that's why TBP does have a beta testing forum for after all.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Quickly shunt the thread over and hope no one notices :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Slasher

To be fair, some amount of bugs will inevitably always slip through.