Author Topic: Release: TBP 3.4  (Read 87369 times)

Offline Jchoo

Re: The Babylon Project 3.4 / Final download link
Hi all,

Any news on that new link for downloading 3.4?

I think the only way of accessing it now is through torrents and I'm hesitant to use them becuase of bad experiences with viruses and malware before.

Thanks!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Eh,

:welcomeblue:

You can trust our torrents... :) :nod:  But, just to be safe, you should scan anything you download with a virus scanner.  :yes:  I recommend AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam (both free) by Grisoft (http://free.grisoft.com), AVAST! Free (http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html) or, if you want to pay, F-Prot from Frisk Software (http://www.f-prot.com) or Kaspersky Anti-Virus (http://www.kaspersky.com)

I DO NOT recommend products by Norton or McAffee... they let too much through, and bog your system down too much.  AVG is much better.

Also, for extra spyware protection, get Lavasoft Ad-Aware Personal (free) (http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php) and Spybot Search & Destroy (free) (http://www.safer-networking.org) (be sure to use the "Immunization" feature! ;) ), as well as Windows Defender (free) (http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx).

Offline Jchoo

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Might you beable to provide a list of the current torrents for TBP, I tried the manova one but the torrent is not found.

Thanks.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
http://www.mininova.org/tor/793103

That one should work... as long as you can install it to your C: drive.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I trying to upload an updated Alternate TBP Installer right now (includes all the TBP missions I could find)

hopefully a new link will be up in the morning

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
The Bablyon Project v3.4 Alternate Installer Returns!!!!
Yep, it's back and it's better (& bigger) than ever! (and just in time for the weekend :D)
The reason for the size increase is that I stuffed every TBP campaign that I could find in to it :)
The pretty graphic and install options are still there too ;)

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/The+Babylon+Project+v3.4/;8496811;/fileinfo.html" title="The Babylon Project v3.4">The Babylon Project v3.4[/url]
approx. 1 gig (hosted by FileFront)

Enjoy my brothers, Enjoy!

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Fantastic, thanks so much will grab this as soon as i get home from work....!!! makes this a red letter weekend!  thanks again and that is great news re the campaigns!  :)
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

I don't read everything...

So... I was playing the mission where the Gibraltar and GOD must be disabled and the game hung to me :(

I tried lowering it to him the details but it continues hanging itself in the same moment... when I must to disable The sip and the G.O.D

SALU2!
Alek.

PD: I hope not to be repetitive with this warning

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Hey, great idea!!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Could you list all the Campaigns included here..?

The Bablyon Project v3.4 Alternate Installer Returns!!!!
Yep, it's back and it's better (& bigger) than ever! (and just in time for the weekend :D)
The reason for the size increase is that I stuffed every TBP campaign that I could find in to it :)
The pretty graphic and install options are still there too ;)

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/The+Babylon+Project+v3.4/;8496811;/fileinfo.html" title="The Babylon Project v3.4">The Babylon Project v3.4[/url]
approx. 1 gig (hosted by FileFront)

Enjoy my brothers, Enjoy!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Yikes!!  That sucker is downloading at ~1100 KB / sec... basically my max download speed.  ;7  This is good.  I'll post what campaigns are included later.  Oh, and ALEKSSANDROS, IDK what the problem is... :(  You didn't perhaps have one pilot file and do multiple campaigns at the same time, did you?  If so, perhaps you corrupted your pilot file.  Other than that, I don't know.  Oh, and can you run the debug version (select it in the top of the launcher), and then when it crashes, attach the TBP\data\fs2_open.log file here?  (Additional Options > Browse... hit the preview button if you don't see additional options link)

Yikes!!  That sucker is downloading at ~1100 KB / sec... basically my max download speed.  ;7  This is good.  I'll post what campaigns are included later.  Oh, and ALEKSSANDROS, IDK what the problem is... :(  You didn't perhaps have one pilot file and do multiple campaigns at the same time, did you?  If so, perhaps you corrupted your pilot file.  Other than that, I don't know.  Oh, and can you run the debug version (select it in the top of the launcher), and then when it crashes, attach the TBP\data\fs2_open.log file here?  (Additional Options > Browse... hit the preview button if you don't see additional options link)
Warning: Too many ship classes before 'Sinclair's Aurora'; maximum is 130, so only the first 130 will be used
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\ship\Ship.cpp
Line: 2879
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_shiptbl()    parse_modular_table()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Appear this when I was launching de debug run :(

I press yes and the game closed!

I runned again and press No for continue and gave me more errors like that! but pressing NO the mission load but I was kill in the begginning xD so I must try again :)

I'll do it ^^

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:41:37 pm by ALEKSSANDROS »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Try selecting the 'INF' builds via launcher
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya, that should fix it, AFAIK... select and INF build.  :nod:

but doing this I must begin from zero :(

right?

coz I had to create my pilot again! T_T

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
No... just select an INF build.  ;)  Plain & simple.  See if it works.

No... just select an INF build.  ;)  Plain & simple.  See if it works.

ok! this give me 4 option

-the exe original
-the debug
-the INF debug
-the INF

The last two make me create a new pilot then does not recognize the pilot to me created in the two first options

So if there is a fifth option that is INF build... I don't see it :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:p :lol: They are all builds!  "the INF" is a build, so it is the INF build.  And, yeah, I guess you have to make a new pilot... :/  "Debug" is for helping to find errors; it will create \The Babylon Project\data\fs2_open.log and you can post it... but this is not a real error, just an engine limit.  The whole thing with the INF builds is that they allow more than the normal maximum number of ship types.

the Idea is to make the 7 seasons from B5 and more? I had done only since fifht mission from Raiders Wars so i don't know yet which long de game is ^^

But is so great!!!!!!!!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
7 seasons ?  :nervous:   Mhm. Sure you are talking about B5  ;) ?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well I suppose if you count B5x5, crusade and LotR that makes 7. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]