Author Topic: Release: TBP 3.4  (Read 87373 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: The Babylon Project 3.4 / Final download link
You don't need to write the directory to the launcher6.ini. It will deal quite happily with a relative path rather than an absolute one.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Are there any bug fixes that need to be included before I compile a final version?

hip63 :g
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Save a mission with the player's ship as a Vorlon Fighter (or various other ships actually) and FRED will crash. I don't really have time to fiddle around with Mantis. If you can Mantis it on my behalf I would appreciate it. As I am really pushed for time at the moment.

Okay. I know the cause of the crash if not the root cause. The Vorlon fighter seems to be saved with

$AI Behavior: Cargo

instead of

$AI Behavior: None

That probably means a table error somewhere but my table skills are average at best. Someone like Wanderer who actually understands them can probably figure out the cause fairly quickly. If he can't I'll take another stab at it.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
That probably means a table error somewhere but my table skills are average at best. Someone like Wanderer who actually understands them can probably figure out the cause fairly quickly. If he can't I'll take another stab at it.

I suspect an objecttypes.tbl related bug, though the tables look fine, which leads me to believe it's a code bug.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah. Wanderer said much the same thing. That does confuse me as to why it's only affecting some ships and not others. What else apart from the Vorlon fighter does this?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Quite a few ships. A sizable percentage actually. Choose some at random and you'll get a crash 50% of the time at least. But to name one I definitely know of, the Thunderbolt.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It happens with a number of ships including the Shadow Fighter. But if you modify the mission file with notepad or the likes, it's playable.

Oh and...

*Ghostavo wants to have IPAndrews' babies* ;)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, what's the point of keeping the 'Gender' field blank in your profile, if you're gonna tell us anyways?  :confused:

installing now, even with my raptor hd it is taking a few minutes to install

I like it.... animations are cool!!!!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 09:17:38 pm by PSI-KILLER »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Quite a few ships. A sizable percentage actually. Choose some at random and you'll get a crash 50% of the time at least. But to name one I definitely know of, the Thunderbolt.

I didn't get a chance to look at this last night but I'll try tonight.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
[complaints about the TBP 3.4 installer removed]

No more complaints about the format of the TBP 3.4 release will be tolerated.

Offline -Norbert-

After a long download I could finally install and start it.
And I am quite impressed with the Intro.

Maybe you should put that somewhere for download, for all those who couldn't yet get themself to download 1+ GB with of greatness  ;)
That will surely sway their them.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Many Thanks :yes: Haven't played anything B5 related since Raider Wars was released, this should be much fun :nod:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
It happens with a number of ships including the Shadow Fighter. But if you modify the mission file with notepad or the likes, it's playable.

Oh and...

*Ghostavo wants to have IPAndrews' babies* ;)
Hmm, what's the point of keeping the 'Gender' field blank in your profile, if you're gonna tell us anyways?  :confused:

OK, you've updated your profile.... exactly how were you proposing to have IP's babies?!?  Or did you mean you were going to kidnap them... :wtf: ??

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
For those having installing issues due the spartan design of the Official Installer. an alternate installer for The Babylon Project v3.4 in now available:
<a href="http://files.filefront.com/TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe/;8173080;/fileinfo.html" title="TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe">TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe[/url]
793 MB

And yes it will allow you to choose the install path ;)

hip63 :p

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Torrent link?  Huggybaby?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
My computer doesn't like the MSI. Could you host a ZIP version?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
For those having installing issues due the spartan design of the Official Installer. an alternate installer for The Babylon Project v3.4 in now available:
<a href="http://files.filefront.com/TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe/;8173080;/fileinfo.html" title="TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe">TheBabylonProject_v3.4.exe[/url]
793 MB

And yes it will allow you to choose the install path ;)

hip63 :p

What's wrong with this one?  I don't have a .zip version.  So I'd have to aquire one before I could host it... or, I suppose I could Install & compress the directory.  *shrugs*

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Welcome to my world. If you give them a zip... someone will ask for a rar.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
[Complaint about TBP installer package deleted, have a nice day]