Author Topic: Babylon 4: Minbari Project release 1.0b (SepArate to TBP)  (Read 32798 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Babylon 4: Minbari Project release 1.0b (Seperate to TBP)
Someone who has it upload it to FileFront under a random name, also upload it to MediaFire and RapidShare.  That should suffice.  XD  I'd do it, but I don't have the file.

Offline maje

Ok i played the the prologe and i have to say its not the best done it would be much nicer if the controls were more like FS2  or the original Babylon project the controls are way to complicated for my taste and the missle system dont even work! so Im a bit dissapointed if you could change the control system to a bit less complicated like freespace 2 engine controls this game might be alright but you need to fix the missle system. thats my opinion about the game only an opinion.

rage, you need to play through the mission trainer some more before your flight instructor unlocks missiles.  As for gameplay itself, I'm not really a fan of IFH, not that it's bad, it's good, but newtonian physics for me is a major turn-off, so I hear you on that.  Unfortunately, I think that if you modified the Minbari Project back into using the Babylon Project for a flight model, a lot of the missions would essentially need to be re-FREDed and even then I'm not really sure if that's doable.

My personal recommendation would be to see about re-releasing the original Minbari Project that still used the regular Babylon Project flight model and have that as an alternative to the Newtonian flight.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Asprin

the original Minbari Project that still used the regular Babylon Project
And what about actual B5 physics?
QuantreTech Studios

Offline maje

Yes, I know that B5 uses Newtonian Physics, which is what the Minbari Project uses.  I just pointed out that the Babylon Project doesn't use newtonian physics (though you can still sort of simulate it through glide mode).  Again, it's really just a preferences thing.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Asprin

B5 uses Newtonian Physics
This is main parameter for us.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline Asprin

the Babylon Project doesn't use newtonian physics
Let's try again - from the post's name

Babylon 4: Minbari Project release 1.0b (Seperate to TBP)
QuantreTech Studios

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Hope you don't mind.  I dropped it out on the Drunks server.  Emergency download link:  {file removed}  Take it easy on me guys I'm only good for a couple hundred downloads.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 09:17:07 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Asprin

One more download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1REZA1B6

This is non-installer version, unpack it into any directory you need. File packed with WinRAR 3.50

And once again, sorry us for unstable first link, BUT IT IS WORK!
QuantreTech Studios

Sorry I´m a bit confused. This release has nothing to do with the loooooong awaited EMW by MAG am I right.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
One more download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1REZA1B6

This is non-installer version, unpack it into any directory you need. File packed with WinRAR 3.50

And once again, sorry us for unstable first link, BUT IT IS WORK!

Thanks! :)
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

It doesn't work with Vista.

I disagree. The Installer works with Vista, too. It takes only a while before the installation starts, but you can install and play it.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

I am very impressed good voice acting and good artwork.  I have once question about the first mission when I hit ALT-G I am still gliding is that the right key method.  Is there an indicator on HUD if you are in glide mode or not. I am having difficulty passing first level. 

?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 11:04:26 am by PSI-KILLER »

Offline den5

I am very impressed good voice acting and good artwork.  I have once question about the first mission when I hit ALT-G I am still gliding is that the right key method.  Is there an indicator on HUD if you are in glide mode or not. I am having difficulty passing first level. 

?

Use "SPACEBAR" for enable FULL INERTAIL MODE. This is static key. The glide mode works with this key. And you can view a message when the glide mode on/off.

Got it Den thanks ok,  I seem to be doing constant ecliptical paths around the target, it is very diffucult not to be in a ramming course with the target, what am i doing wrong?  The speeds are very fast.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh... I gave this a shot, and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Plus, on the voice acting, I can't understand a word and I have to keep reading the messages.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
I think I'm pretty good at IFH, so I set the difficulty to insane. I quickly die of collision. Right, that was stupid, have to listen to the poorly translated training speech again. Be nice if I could skip it, but I'll just have to finish the training mission and then later missions wont have talky parts I want to skip. I kill the unarmed fighters okay, but I don't think I've figured out the controls well enough to evade, or to hit the target consistently. Afterburners don't always seem to work right. Can't just spray and pray because I don't have enough gun energy for more than a few shots at a time. Kill one fighter, no problem, kill another, I'm pretty damaged, and BAM BAM BAM. I'm dead. So, I switch the difficulty to very easy, and sit though the boring parts again. This time I hardly take any damage from the armed fighters, and spray and pray is a perfectly valid tactic. Sit through some more monologue while I wait for the capship to crawl its way into the shooting area. I'm still wondering what my instructor said about my missiles other than 'use them on the capship' when a weapon blast knocks me 40 km - out of the shooting area. I'm told to go back to the academy.

Guess I'll try again in a bit.

Reproducible crash: if you load up the game, click tech, click weapons, you get a crash. However, if you click tech, click intel, then click weapons, you don't get a crash. You do, however, get a blank weapons list, which is pretty useless when you want to know what your missiles do.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 04:46:07 pm by Alan Bolte »
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

I can't pass level one.  I reduced difficulty too very easy.  I was able to play the rounds through the fighters.  But when it came time for the Minbari warship I got close enough to hit it but then got thown out over 30000 kilometers.  Then It ends with the acadamy message.   
You will notice on the first test round with the unarmed fighters that if you have zero momentum and sit like a duck they speed up at you and fly by and end up at 3000-5000 kilometers away before turning around to make a anouther charge.  It definitly has the physics down right but I question if minbari flyers had no computer aided flying because the way this is you just end up charging one anouther.  Which you never really see in the series.  Ships doing eccentric ovels at one anouther charging each other was never really shown in the combat sequences.  The series almost looks like the flyier had allot more computer added control where it was always fighting the effects of the over interia so you would not fly by your target or your target fly by you at 700 kilometers an hour.  I have played IFH too and found it frustrating because you start doing those oval kamakazi charges.  Or is it just my bad flying ability?  I have been at this on and off all day and I can't figure it out.   Anoughter thing,  my throttle control on my Extreme 3D Pro can not give me low velocity numbers.  I go from 4 to like 200 no way to get just like 20 or 40.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:48:38 pm by PSI-KILLER »

Offline Asprin

I hit ALT-G I am still
Of course, because side accelerations needs in some time before stabilized. You do not need in ALT+G, it is not working and it is futile function with our physics model.

FULL INERTAIL MODE. This is static key. The glide mode works with this key.
Yes, you can glide int this mode as well but in the inertial mode side accelerations are not compensating.

click tech, click weapons, you get a crash
I have no such bug, but THANK YOU, shall try to do something with it.

I quickly die of collision
The collisions will inflict significant damages at all skill levels.

Afterburners don't always seem to work right
They work right and correct always.

Kill one fighter, no problem, kill another, I'm pretty damaged, and BAM BAM BAM. I'm dead.
The fighter has autorepair system like in IFH. So use afterburners to away from enemy. By the way, this campagin can be finished at any skill level.

About capship simulation:

1). Take place in 6 km near "Shooting Area" point and lure fighters as colse to your position as possible.

2). Suppress its fighters.
3). Target cruiser and select its AFM control
4). Take position like on this screen

5). Set speed threshold 200m/s ( Key "]" +100 per hit; Key "[" -100 per hit by default)
6). Fire missiles when your speed will be near 200m/s but do not reach the threshold and speed of the missiles wil equal over 390m/s - its own speed+your curren (missiles have launch speed limit, for M132 limit is 400m/s, for ACS limit is 200m/s).
7). When missiles away, unwrap your ship and hit afterburners - effective range of the anti-fighter beams is 3000km or less.

One more thing, you can allocate energy between "Weapons" and "Accelerations"

Or is it just my bad flying ability?
May be, and may be not, because this build uses experemintal AI submodules such us AI_do_nav_mistake, AI_do_panic..... As the result this SM's work is still in progress. The patch will be available as soon as possible.

Question to all who playing this project: DO YOU NEED IN DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE SHIP CONTROL AND CAMPAGIN WALKTHROUGH?
QuantreTech Studios

i cant download this campaign hes seys forbidden http 404 not found

Offline Asprin

The main link is closed for sometime, thanks to our hoster! :mad:

Try this one: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1REZA1B6 and unpack it into any directory you need.
QuantreTech Studios