Author Topic: OS support  (Read 2574 times)

Will there be 64 bit operating system support for this?  I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  With little tweeking, I have been able to get X-Wing95, TIE95, XvT, and BOP working (mostly).  Not XWA at all.  I am hoping that I can play FotG at least.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The current x86 executable for Fs2_Open (The engine FotG is based on) runs on 7 x64 without issues.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Don't usually see a lot of 10 year old squads poking their heads around here, I like it :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Windows 7 x64 works fine for FotG and fs2_open development.

A thought:
it might be a good idea to put together a list of supported OS/Video Cards/Min RAM, at some point in the future

lol well there are only two of us left in the squad.  But we still fly:)  And I am planning on adding FotG link to our webpage as soon as I have time to do something with it other than get it off default visuals!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup, I knew I recognized the name so I checked your squad on BSC, and also noted the member count.  Lot smaller than I would have guessed!  :)

Thanks for the support too.  The multiplayer component of the mod is definitely something I take seriously, as I used to fly a lot of XvT back in the day.  But, this won't be like XvT :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

As much as I love (note current tense) the X-Wing series, I have began to understand that Totally Games had some wonderful ideas for game play.  They seemed to fail dramatically though when it cam to back end programming (mainly sighted due to things like no rudder support until XWA, the lag ball known as XWA even on current machines, the lack of 3D support the worked like any other conventional game of the time because they were doing something "different" <read: not exactly standard so it tends to be more on the glitchy side>, etc).  Sorry soap box due to trying to install the X-Wings on a few newer OS.

But I am glad to hear that this is going to be different, and from what I have been reading in the forums for the past year or so, largely what I thought the X-Wing series should have been to begin with.  I am really looking forward to playing this game:).

Oh Chief, we are telling our age with the squadrons here (BSC member ID 675).  ;)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well I'm only #6148, you can probably still find my profile on BSC and DJO.  Used to be in TRA Blue Squad (B3 Forever!)

Okay so I am the old one here.....:)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup I wasn't an early owner of XvT or anything.  I bought it at Goodwill, it was packaged in an original X-wing box (floppies release).  I have one of the copies where the Master and Multiplayer spawn CDs were mislabeled.  Not sure how rare those are.  But yeah, I got in a little late into the game.