Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99904 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Probably the same way they ended up as Volition Bravos in Casualities of War that one time...random program weirdness.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline mitac

Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn

Spoiler:
Yeah, I know about the Dahshor bug. That should be fixed now (re-download). And, well, about the Dahshor defending the portal... look at the mission E3M4 in Sync. Look at it very closely. ;)
[/B]

Spoiler:
But it's not about the spelling, is it? :D
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Two things - Number 1 - I failed to jump out on the first mission and got the whole "no debriefing for mission whatever it was".

Number 2 - Could you insert a command brief into mission 1? I fiddled around with pilots and data directories and even the campaign editor trying to see if there was some sort of bug that was sending me halfway into the campaign instead of starting at mission 1.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Two things - Number 1 - I failed to jump out on the first mission and got the whole "no debriefing for mission whatever it was".

Number 2 - Could you insert a command brief into mission 1? I fiddled around with pilots and data directories and even the campaign editor trying to see if there was some sort of bug that was sending me halfway into the campaign instead of starting at mission 1.

1: Should be fixed now.

2: Probably not, because you're not supposed to know what happened before that point.

Even more, there shouldn't even be are briefing...
but, that would be too radical...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
has anyone here been turned into a poseidon in mission one?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Black Wolf
Number 2 - Could you insert a command brief into mission 1? I fiddled around with pilots and data directories and even the campaign editor trying to see if there was some sort of bug that was sending me halfway into the campaign instead of starting at mission 1.[/COLOR]

I know, "maybe there lost like us" I just gave it a chance to fix itself and then I saw Three Years Later...
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline JR2000Z

Originally posted by Cobra
has anyone here been turned into a poseidon in mission one?

Nope. You fly Herc.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hmm. the strange thing is, i used FSO 3.6 and it went buggy.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fergus

(Arches eye brows at the campaign)
I didn't like it, have to be honest.  It just didn't seem very fun to me and it isn't that I just think this is a bad Homesick, because I didn't like that much either.  I found it repetetive and somewhat boring at times.

Spoiler:
I especially detested seeing the same thing every time I started in that bloody nebula.  Of course you do realise you have created a huge problem for yourself, the explanation for all this weirdness better be damn good.
Generic signature quote blabber

Well that was fun ;7 ;7 ;7 ;7

Very crazy, btw played the whole thing in 3.6.5 with a 3.6.5 vp
Worked great, aside from an exception crash just before ending mission. But fs2 had been running for a while, i pretty much did the entire campaign in one go.
So i figure was probably just a glitch in fs2 , it  reloaded without any problems.. oh well .

Also used bobs pretty herc cockpit :D

Nice ending - shame it ended there tho, was looking forward to lots of fighty fighty insanity hehe

Very good campaign, thanks for putting the fred hours in.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
where'd you get the herc cockpit?

Offline mitac

It's at the same place where you get some glasses. :rolleyes:

lol erm

hint: forum for modders

thread is called : nicos cockpit

its also advertised on main hlp page

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Fergus
(Arches eye brows at the campaign)
I didn't like it, have to be honest.  It just didn't seem very fun to me and it isn't that I just think this is a bad Homesick, because I didn't like that much either.  I found it repetetive and somewhat boring at times.

Spoiler:
I especially detested seeing the same thing every time I started in that bloody nebula.  Of course you do realise you have created a huge problem for yourself, the explanation for all this weirdness better be damn good.
[/B]

Fair enough. To be honest, I was expecting a lot more responses like yours. Didn't seem like the kind of campaign many people would like.

Spoiler:
Problem? Well, while planning it out I actually started from the explanation and had to work backwards from there, it was harder for me to get this part done. Although if you didn't like this part, I doubt you'll like the explanation.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 04:14:36 am by 1494 »

Offline mitac

Originally posted by xenobyte6666

hint: forum for modders

thread is called : nicos cockpit

I bet the next post will be "now the poseidons got herc cockpits". :D

Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn

Fair enough. To be honest, I was expecting a lot more responses like yours. Didn't seem like the kind of campaign many people would like.

Spoiler:
Problem? Well, while planning it out I actually started from the explanation and had to work backwards from there, it was harder for me to get this part done. Although if you didn't like this part, I doubt you'll like the explanation.
[/B]

Personally i enjoy headF**K screwyness, it makes you think.
If you enjoy messed up head scewyness i highly recommend that you go and watch some david lynch movies e.g. lost highway, eraserhead, mullholland drive. Highly messed up and screwy :D:D:D

Offline Fergus

Spoiler:
Don't mean to be annoying, but it didn't seem that weird (nice explanation of the whole GTC Vigilant death), or head "screwyness".  It seemed to be made overly complicated, though I do find an awful lot of the grand finale explanations rather rubbish or just disappointing, but that is not where any real fault should ever be found.  The most important area is the FREDing, and there it is hard to find any large faults-though sometimes beams were not on (VC xyz didnt shoot beams at Phi in one level)- but an awful lot of levels seemed superflous.  Damn I really do moan alot, I just never did like these missions much, and you lot have bloody stretched it into a campaign.  Still I played it all the way through...can't be that bad.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Fergus
Spoiler:
Don't mean to be annoying, but it didn't seem that weird (nice explanation of the whole GTC Vigilant death), or head "screwyness".  It seemed to be made overly complicated ... an awful lot of levels seemed superflous.
[/B]

Spoiler:
I can see how it would appear to be overly complicated. The problem is that this is essentially a prologue, and I had to get a whole lot of information in which wouldn't become relevant for a long time. All the missions are there for a reason, even if it doesn't seem that way. Many of the missions in the last nebula especially, as a lot of them are very short and don't seem to move the story along at all. Also, some of them don't have so much of a literal connection to the story as they do a symbolic one.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
if my sync hadn't gone buggy i would be able to enjoy this campaign. :doubt: