Author Topic: Lorric learns about what people think of him.  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Lorric learns about what people think of him.
What he said. I've seen your posts in other threads, and you're basically fine, so if you forget about creepy fantasies and disturbing fanart, the rest of the community would gladly do so as quickly as possible. :) Just post reasonably like it never happened, and in a year or so the only trace would be an occasional joke by one of the regulars.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
On any level, be glad. At least you are half way there to a custom title  :P
el hombre vicio...

Of course, it probably won't be a title he'll enjoy having. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

I don't usually care much about what other people think of me. I walk my own path and if anyone wants to walk the same path with me, that's great, but I'm not going to go walk someone else's path if no one wants to walk mine. I won't harm anyone, I'll just leave them to walk their own path and I'll walk mine. But the fact that people may think of me as some sort of sexual deviant/pervert is honestly genuinely distressing, as nothing could be further from the truth, and I am strongly against rape and other forms of sexual crime and would want nothing to do with a rapist and can honestly say I would never rape someone even if I could get away with it for sure because I just don't work like that.

That picture was intended to be innocent fun. I just slapped the gag on her on a whim thinking of nothing more than to shut her up and that it was funny. I never thought of her sexually or as being tied up, but I suppose when you think about it seriously, she'd have to be tied up, or she'd just take the gag off, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Actually, to be honest I'll probably remember Lorric as the guy who drew a Cyrvan in what was apparently bondage gear who'd had unkind and demeaning things scribbled on her for at least several years. I would have regardless of context. I don't much mind somebody waving their freak flag high like that normally, but in the particular context for the character it also had strong overtones of rape. And waving that particular flag ain't doing you favors.

So yes, you've been labelled. It will take you quite some time to get over that label, considering how hard you ultimately had to work/fail-to-think to get it. Probably a couple years at least. But we made Cobra and Sizzler mods eventually too.

You're just fuelling that with your own fantasy now though. All I did was put out a simple picture which was not intended to be as such. Several years? I haven't been here even one year, and Yaiceca significantly less.

I don't know Cobra and Sizzler, but I can take a guess at what is meant by that.

What he said. I've seen your posts in other threads, and you're basically fine, so if you forget about creepy fantasies and disturbing fanart, the rest of the community would gladly do so as quickly as possible. :) Just post reasonably like it never happened, and in a year or so the only trace would be an occasional joke by one of the regulars.

Yes, we had a pleasant discussion on the Wing Commander Saga board. So I'm glad you're able to vouch for me on that, so thanks. I'll be as glad as anyone else at this point to see the back of it.

On any level, be glad. At least you are half way there to a custom title  :P

You can just put these custom titles in for yourself though at any time, right? I did play around with it at one point, but decided not to put anything in.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:25:13 am by Lorric »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You can just put these custom titles in for yourself though at any time, right? I did play around with it at one point, but decided not to put anything in.
It's a bit different. For example, my custom title is "Must have all teh badges". I didn't invent that. IIRC, Spoon did, or someone else who noticed the ridiculous amount of projects I signed up for (a bad idea in retrospect, but I've had time back then...). It's the one a the top, just below the nickname. My "avatar text" (the one you can set in your profile) is "The sky is the limit.", which I consider a motto of mine (though I've been forced to rethink that attitude a few times by the reality :)). In general, a custom title owner has been around for some time (though there are exceptions) and had done or said something very memorable (in my case, most likely holding the record for most project badges in HLP :)).

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
For example, my custom title is "Must have all teh badges". I didn't invent that. IIRC, Spoon did, or someone else who noticed the ridiculous amount of projects I signed up for
I had absolutely no hand in this.
A custom title is whatever the admins feel like giving out at some point. The fastest way to get one is to make a fool out of yourself in general discussion.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

It's a bit different. For example, my custom title is "Must have all teh badges". I didn't invent that. IIRC, Spoon did, or someone else who noticed the ridiculous amount of projects I signed up for (a bad idea in retrospect, but I've had time back then...). It's the one a the top, just below the nickname. My "avatar text" (the one you can set in your profile) is "The sky is the limit.", which I consider a motto of mine (though I've been forced to rethink that attitude a few times by the reality :)). In general, a custom title owner has been around for some time (though there are exceptions) and had done or said something very memorable (in my case, most likely holding the record for most project badges in HLP :)).

Ah, I see. Do they ask you for permission, or do you just get slapped with it whether you like it or not? I wouldn't like that.

A custom title is whatever the admins feel like giving out at some point. The fastest way to get one is to make a fool out of yourself in general discussion.

I wonder what you would call me... :)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah, I see. Do they ask you for permission, or do you just get slapped with it whether you like it or not? I wouldn't like that.

Admins are humans as well and understand. You won't get flamed by them, so chill and just forget about it.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric

Admins are humans as well and understand. You won't get flamed by them, so chill and just forget about it.

I expected as much, but I wanted to know for sure.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The custom title is almost always jocular, and if you really don't like the title, you can PM the admin in question. Just look at other regulars with custom titles in there, they're pretty funny, especially if you can laugh at yourself (a very important quality to have, BTW).

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Excepted when not a single admin remember (or admits) giving you the title in question... :/
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Actually, to be honest I'll probably remember Lorric as the guy who drew a Cyrvan in what was apparently bondage gear who'd had unkind and demeaning things scribbled on her for at least several years. I would have regardless of context. I don't much mind somebody waving their freak flag high like that normally, but in the particular context for the character it also had strong overtones of rape. And waving that particular flag ain't doing you favors.

So yes, you've been labelled. It will take you quite some time to get over that label, considering how hard you ultimately had to work/fail-to-think to get it. Probably a couple years at least. But we made Cobra and Sizzler mods eventually too.

Fandom can be a hassle.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
It is really too bad that some people have to ruin these things for the rest of us.

I'm sure many people have serious questions to ask the characters, but now we will never get the chance.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
People kind of ran out of questions last time, maybe the thread would get reopened after that new WoD campaign is released.

Offline Lorric

It is really too bad that some people have to ruin these things for the rest of us.

I'm sure many people have serious questions to ask the characters, but now we will never get the chance.

It. Wasn't. My. Fault.

I don't know why anyone would think Spoon would allow someone to derail something he was enjoying. He's the mod. He could have gotten rid of me. He just got tired of the thread.