Author Topic: The HTL Sath is broken  (Read 13842 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: The HTL Sath is broken
Yeah, I really wish someone made and finished a HTL Demon. A handful of people attempted it and none of them ever got into texturing phase. Ravana could perhaps use a touch-up, but not quite as badly.

Did anyone actually UV map a HTL Demon? I never saw any thread on it.
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Nobody I know of has even gotten far enough to need to UV a high-poly demon. Every effort I can remember seeing never got past modeling the "head" of the ship.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bobboau had a finished model, it was only Esarai who stopped at the head.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

So why was nothing done with Bobbau's model, then? I mean, I know how it was with the Orion. You had Bob's model, and Trashman's and someone else's and a big fight over which one should be used that took a long time to sort out, but if there's only one fully made high poly Demon, what happened?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Because Bob's Demon wasn't very good, as I recall. Much like the current HTL Deimos, it didn't really add enough detail to be a good upgrade over the old one.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah as soon I as I saw that "Bobboau finished a high poly Demon model"... I though.. yeah. "high poly". How long ago was Bob actively modding? 10 years now, maybe? Just think what we considered HTL 10 years ago and remember that it still wasn't good enough.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
But I guess it's still any improvement compared to retail Demon. Can I have this model anyhow? I'm curious about it...
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I did see that WIP Demon in someone's p3d, but can't quite remember whose it was.

On the topic of those boxy turrets, a quick temporary solution is lending higher detailed turrets from other ships. It could make the Demon significantly more effective at defense, too, if placed correctly, such as with rotating turrets.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

I did see that WIP Demon in someone's p3d, but can't quite remember whose it was.

Esarai's one?

https://p3d.in/wKnT9

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
But I guess it's still any improvement compared to retail Demon. Can I have this model anyhow? I'm curious about it...

It's not like we have the model sitting on our FSU SVN and refuse to use it. Anything the FSU has, is generally already released either individually or in the MediaVPs. The only thing of interest on the FSU SVN is the work done to make all these assets into a bug-free pack upgrade.

I suppose it is possible one of the other long-time members downloaded the model and intended to add it to the MediaVPs and never got around to it.... best bet would be Zacam on that one.

Esarai's one?

https://p3d.in/wKnT9

That's the one I remember, yeah. Good find.
Spoiler:
On that note, I really hope Esarai will finish those other great ships in that p3d.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I made an HTL Demon?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I  thought Trashman had been working one... a LONG time ago.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I remember that one, but all these people are talking about the HTL Demon that I supposedly made, even giving criticism about it and ****. Did I just forget? I guess it's possible, it was more than a decade ago.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I  thought Trashman had been working one... a LONG time ago.

Man the HTL Demon's been started and abandoned by like 5 people. Nobody knows anymore.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I remember one that had like ram horns or something
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Bumping this thread. If someone has a fixed up POF, I'll use it in the new MediaVPs which I'm trying to release ASAP.

New MediaVPs? Sweet!

Haven't got a fixed Sath POF, but there's a minor issues with its table as well.  mv_assets-shp.tbm adds the Long Range Flak to Turret 49 and 50 again, so whenever said weapon is removed from the original weapons.tbl the Sath will have 2 missing weapons.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
New MediaVPs? Sweet!

Haven't got a fixed Sath POF, but there's a minor issues with its table as well.  mv_assets-shp.tbm adds the Long Range Flak to Turret 49 and 50 again, so whenever said weapon is removed from the original weapons.tbl the Sath will have 2 missing weapons.

That's just something that will affect all mods using many mediavps ships. I've long wanted a +nocreate variant +remote or something.. but for now the only solution is to replace mv_assets-ship.tbm with your mod's own version. Unless, of course, I'm forgetting something and turret 49/50 aren't in retail or supposed to be flak.