Author Topic: Act II, Mission 2  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Beatnik

:confused:
Act II, Mission 2, "The Big Bang" will not run.  The campaign crashes me to desktop upon exiting from Act II, Mission 1.  I have all the required .ani files from my fs1 disk.  However, I did split up the fs1.vp file and put ALL the component pieces in their respective data folders.  Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.  My FRED skills are poor.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Its probably due to the fact that you did not buy Freespace: The great war, and god is punishing you for that fact.

(well, noone else replied...)
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Stealth is so busy with his 11 other projects that he can't even help people in his own forum.

:lol:

oh and vadar, he kinda did say he used his FS1 disk. Unless he is blatently lying to us.. then there is a genuine bug. Unfortuneatly 'm not the guy to ask.

Jeeze, cover up better next time man, the edit date gives it away.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 07:43:16 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Beatnik

:yes: I have all the required .ani files from MY fs1 disk (bot of 'em).:yes:

BTW, how can I get the Athena in the tech room intel?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Wait wha? Anis? I thought you said your mission crashed when you tried to play it? I don't think that has to do with anis althoguh i could be wrong...

BTW, how can I get the Athena in the tech room intel?

tech room? is the description not coming up or something?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Beatnik

No, I don't think it has anything to do with .ani files either.  I just wanted to make the point that I had all the required files in place (including breifing/debreifing voices:D ) spooled off my fs1 installation.  Upon examining it in FRED2, I think the problem may lie in either the briefing section of act 2, mission 2, or in the campaign file.  The FRED2 bug checker didn't find anything.  perhaps I have exceeded the maximum # of missions in the MISSOINS folder :confused:.  As far as the intel room is concerned, neither Athena, nor Amun, nor any of the new (or old) ships will display (except the Apollo and Valkyrie):( .

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Stealth is so busy with his 11 other projects that he can't even help people in his own forum.

:lol:

oh and vadar, he kinda did say he used his FS1 disk. Unless he is blatently lying to us.. then there is a genuine bug. Unfortuneatly 'm not the guy to ask.

**** you guys know i check the forums, but give me ONE DAY ok!?  i mean geez... usually i respond within 24 hours, but i was on for like 10 minutes the whole of yesterday.

Knight_Templar, why do you want people to spam your inbox!?

Beatnik, try redownloading the mission... i'm going to download it when i get home and test it out.  if it doesn't work, then Knight_Templar is going to have quite a lot of work to do (fixing it)

Also, you say that none of the ships are showing up in the techroom?  could you give me specifics as to which ones are/aren't showing up.  also check what weapons are showing up too... this might just be a simple add-weapon or add-ship or something i dunno

Offline Beatnik

None ot the new weapons appeared in the tech room.  After I patched fs2 to 1.20, I downloaded a new fs1.zip, and installed both.  After doing so, clicking on the weapons in the tech room crashed me to desktop.  Out of the new ships in the fs1 port, only the Apollo, Valkyrie, Conquest, Karnack A and Karnack C (two separate entries) showed up.  The Boagerges, Amun, Anubis, Scorpion, Shaitan, and Athena were missing from the tech room.  Also, none of the ships in the tech room (including both fs1 port and original fs2 ships) had descriptions.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
(Please excuse Stealth's menstral cramping week) how many times do we need to go over spelling my name?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 07:43:33 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Emperor has arrived.

It's true, you can't see half of the ships in the tech room. That's because when FS2 looks to see what ships should be in there, it doesn't say 'Hercules, Ulysses, Myrmidon' it says 'Entries 1, 2, and 4.' Since I reorganized the ships.tbl for easy FREDding, there's no order to the tech room entries. Sorry.

The weapons room bug has also been there for some time; no way around it. I also removed the ship descriptions to save space in the tables and get it under the limit (this was before FS2_open.) The 'Features' page on the Port site will clue you in on the ships and weapons.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Beatnik

Thanx G-Emperor, I understand now:nod: .

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
ok cool... problem solved
watch the cheek Knight_Templar!!! ;)