Author Topic: Destiny of Peace for 3.0  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Destiny of Peace for 3.0
Hi folks,

I have redone Destiny of Peace to work with version 3.0 of the Port, in addition to addressing issues mentioned in the previous thread.  I hesitate a bit to call this a formal release, as I am getting a CTD at the end of mission 3.  The other missions all appear fine, and I have been getting crashes on leaving non DoP missions, so I suspect this may be some issue with the current buld, rather than the mission itself.  I'll post it up here again; plese let me know if you encounter any problems with it.

http://www.fileh.com/NelsonAndBronte/DoP_SCP.zip
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:35:56 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Nuclear1

Re: Destiny of Peace for 3.0
Awesome. Just downloaded it and got it all working. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you need to join the FS Conversion. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Admiral Nelson

Please post any and all feedback, especially if you get the crash bug at warp out in mission three.

Thanks!!  :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, i've finally gotten around to downloading it. why exactly is it downloading at 13.2 kb/s? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

It is all working fine except for the mission where you have to take down the GTD Trinity (sorry can't remember the mission name), once all 3 allied destroyers warp out and the URSAs jump in the game freezes up, no CTD though just a complete lock-up I also get this problem on the main FS2 campaign mission Endgame. I'm using the latest CVS build 3/06/2006 and media VPs 3.6.8 delta. Good work so far. :yes:
I feel like a one legged man, in ass kickin' contest!

Offline Admiral Nelson

ok, i've finally gotten around to downloading it. why exactly is it downloading at 13.2 kb/s? :wtf:

All I've got is fileh for hosting, sorry....

you need to join the FS Conversion.

I travel a great deal for work, and vanish for a month at a time.  I'd be a bad choice... :)  I just look for small things that can be done swiftly, like adding nebulae and nameplates.  I've been hanging around here forever and not contributed much, so....

As for lockup, I've been getting those periodically with current builds.  Did you have a lockup on completion of Mission3?  If not, then these must be build related issues.

No lock-up on mission 3, i'll try and dig up an earlier CVS build from January and hopefully this may help.

It would appear that it was the build I was using which was causing the problem, I switched back to Goober's 20060212 build and I no longer get the lock-ups in your campaign or the FS2 main campaign. :yes:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:58:05 pm by Paladin1 »
I feel like a one legged man, in ass kickin' contest!

I got the crash at leaving mission 3 (White Flag).
Setup is Shivans Full Download with
FSPORT 3.0.2, fs2_open_r-20060306

It just hangs and the music starts stuttering before it CTD.

Played FS-Main and Silent Threat through before.

The same happens in Checkmate :(

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:28:05 am by futureshock »

Offline Admiral Nelson

This appears to be an aritifact of recent builds.  Try the 20060212 build mentioned by Paladin1.

Offline CaptJosh

I have no hangs with the 03/26/06 build. Though I did have the game lockup when I moused over the guy at the console in the Galatea mainhall after I had already finished Out of the Darkness, Into the Night. At least the warp to desktop issue is fixed, though.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Though I did have the game lockup when I moused over the guy at the console in the Galatea mainhall

Have you tried FSPort 3.0.3?

Offline CaptJosh

Yes. Downloaded it, extracted the files to overwrite the 3.0 ones, and it still did the lockup. I can try deleting the files and extracting clean, but with an overwrite, that shouldn't matter.

EDIT: DOH! Just found that the 3.0.3 vp does NOT overwrite the 3.0 one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 02:09:41 pm by CaptJosh »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline leeisl

Excuse me for asking here, but it there any other place to download this campaign?

Offline leeisl

Please? :sigh:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This campaign isn't officially supported.  We will be releasing a new version soon, probably within a month.  In the meantime, you could probably PM some of the people in this thread to ask if they downloaded it.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Someone put a version up on Hades Combine.  We will have a supported version done soon, though.

I can't wait, I'm always looking for more maps to get killed in :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Admiral Nelson

Good, because we have got plenty of death on the way.....  :D

Well Admiral, as long as its just a game and I dont die in real life, Bring it on :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP