Author Topic: using original localized FS1 files in FS1port ?  (Read 3327 times)

Offline dagon

using original localized FS1 files in FS1port ?
Hi everybody,

Got a SCP newbie question...

I'm using SCP, the FS1port and everything works fine, thanks to the Shivan package (thanks again), and the awesome work you all did. However I have a question about FS1port :

- I own the original Freespace 1/silent threat completely localized in french (text & speech).
is there a way to use the french files in the FS1port ?

I managed to put the cutscenes in the movie directory of the FS1PORT (so I get the game in english and cutscenes in french), but wonder if there's a way to get the game completely localized (text+voice) by using the original FS1 files ?

If anyone wants the cutscenes in french, just ask :-)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: using original localized FS1 files in FS1port ?
I know how to make it French speech, but not French in text.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, there's a certain problem here. He can undoubtedly copy+paste the original French text into the FSPort missions, but the .wav files will undoubtedly be shorter or longer than the English version, which is what FSPort is built upon. Unless someone is willing to resync everything to accomodate French voice files, he might have to live without 'em for a while.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Who would want to copy and paste all the info into the missions? That would take a long time, and it's probably more trouble than its worth. Unless he can't speak English, of course.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Who would want to copy and paste all the info into the missions? That would take a long time, and it's probably more trouble than its worth. Unless he can't speak English, of course.

That's what I was getting at.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

The first thing you would have to do would be to extract the French voice files to FreeSpace2/data/voice.  Then you might have to reconvert the missions, depending on whether the FS1 localization was done in-game or via some sort of special table.

Offline dagon

I can speak & understand english...

the only point is that the french localisation was awesome for FS1. Sooooo good it was a real pleasure to have it in french (it used the voice of many well known actor translators, IE: Bruce Willis at the intro) and getting the game back in full french would be cool.

this being said, that's all.
I can find how to extract the voices, but don't know how to reconvert the missions, so forget it...
just missing a cool feature, that's all.

Offline miskat

Wait... BRUCE WILLIS did the French translation for the FS1 Intro?

OK... I want to hear that one, and I don't even know French!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Nah, I call bull**** on that.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I think he means that the guy who voice acts for Bruce Willis in french localizations of movies did the voice acting of the intro.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline snake60

hello dagon,

i'm interested by the french files, even for FS2 if you have them

Offline dagon

yes it's the french person who used to be the french voice of Bruce Willis who speaks in the cutscenes (the pilot who dies in intro).

if anyone wants the french FS1 files, just tell me.

FS2 was NEVER translated (just subtitles)