Author Topic: FreeSpace1 Intro loading instead of FreeSpace2  (Read 1893 times)

FreeSpace1 Intro loading instead of FreeSpace2
I'm making assumptions here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I own the original Descent FreeSpace and Silent Threat, and I also have the original disc 2 and 3 of FreeSpace 2. Following the instructions in the readme supplied with FSPort, I copied the movie and sound files from the FreeSpace CD's and directory into my FreeSpace2 Directory.

I assume, when playing a video, the game looks for the files in the following order: Game directory, then CD Drive.

Because I copied the FreeSpace 1 Intro into my FreeSpace 2 root directory, everytime I load FreeSpace 2, it plays the FreeSpace 1 Intro.

Is there anyway it can be made so that the FreeSpace 1 intro is only loading when starting FreeSpace open with the FSPort mod? Placing the intro into the FSPort folder and having the port look for the file there? Luckily, the end game sequences for the two games are named differently.

Thanks.
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: FreeSpace1 Intro loading instead of FreeSpace2
Placing the intro into the FSPort folder and having the port look for the file there?

that works.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Works now, or is possible to do?  :)

As a note, this forum doesn't have a regular stick-out-your-tongue emoticon! You get this silly thing instead :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:38:43 pm by Uninvited »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's the correct method right now.  In fact, if you feel like keeping your FSPort mod folder tidy, you can even stick the cutscenes inside a data/movies folder in the mod folder.  Just throwing them in the FSPort folder alongside the Port VPs works too.

Oh, I see, thanks. I think the readme had said to put it into the SreeSpace2 folder, but I'll make the switch now.