Author Topic: Help! Problem with scan mision  (Read 2680 times)

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Help! Problem with scan mision
Fsckin Scan mission...
5h i try to beat this mission without success...
To complete this mission i must scan 4 cargo 4 frighters  2 cains one devil and Lucypher
ok;
cargo : check
frighters: check
cains: first check second fail.... sometimes ok i can scan it, but damn this is so rare to do (im close to it in clear position lock on best subsystem  to scan but nothing happens)
devil: ok it is easy, but i must get it fast.
Lucy: dockbay scan is pretty easy, but when that figters  come to get me , they destroy me when i go to subspace... (always!!!)

Please, get me some advice to beat this mission, maybe some script hacks, or uh cheats...

I dont know, is this mission is identical to that from native Descent:Freespace Great War?
I remember when i play this game 10 years ago i dont have any problems to finish campagin, but i dont remember thart particular mission

Thx.

-T

What if ?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Help! Problem with scan mision
You're supposed to be detected when the fighters come out of the fighterbay. Just shoot a few warning shots at them, get as far away as possible and then warp out. IIRC there are a few minutes when your jump drives are inoperative. In that time it's a good idea to either just get as far away as you can or kill all the fighters.

It's not my favorite mission either, mind you.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
If you're quick enough you can blast away some of the fighters as they come out. This makes it much easier to get away.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Thx for reply mates, but my patience is runnig out...
try everything...
this mission is screwed
what volition think about makes it...
one of dev must have a bad day  ;)

I try crush that arujuna dragons but i fail... they are too much maneuverable...
when i try scan that SD Eva one of dragons scan me and mess me out

But im a mad man i must pass this mission...
for medal and honors, and pretty chicks...
maybe i wait for tommorow for better luck  :beamz:

Edit:
ok i made it ...
it is simple : you must hide in lucypher dockin bay, till your subspace module get fixed :>
then shoooooo...
everybody happy.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:02:03 pm by utops »
What if ?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
heheh.

Here's a protip: shunt all your energy to engines at the start of the mission, you won't be using your shields or weapons anyway. You'll have a nice cruising speed of 90 m/s without afterburners.

After the wing of Manticores jumps in, you should be able to kill them all and jump before the second wave. If not, hide near the Lucifer's hull (like the back, under the curved shells.) The AI isn't smart enough to find you without clobbering themselves and you could jump from there.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Uhg, this is one of my least favorite missions - Playing Judas

It's up there with the first mission, and the one at the very end when the Bastion is intercepted by the Demon class Tantalus

When they detect you, do a 180, hit your burners, go to full speed and fly evasively til command tells you to go. Put power into your shields if you have to, then JTFO!
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Alternatively, instead of trying to evade, you could kill all the fighters chasing you.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Indeed

I'm not 1337 enough to fight the fighters though

xD
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE