Author Topic: He Who Rides the Tiger  (Read 2511 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
He Who Rides the Tiger
I had to resort to cheats in order to complete this mission
Why? For some reason or another, the SD Abaddon all of sudden said "Hey! Let's be invincible" with a single hit point left. What exactly happened here that would make what is supposed to be destroyed, indestructible?
If you're wondering how I know, well... think Ursa's pounding it with their remaining payloads, as well as every ship left shooting it for twenty minutes (all while it was at one hitpoint) while I went to see something

Spoiler:
That something being two strange dots on my radar randomly flickering about for no apparent reason, 15 kilometers from the jump node. It was a Loki and an Apollo (both, which I might add, were invincible, and untargetable)

Apart from that, frigging amazing mission. I'm just wondering what's up with those peculiar happenings since I couldn't find anything about it from the search
"No"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Were the bombers launching any bombs?  Non-bomb weapons typically can't do any damage to a ship when it has less than 10% hull remaining.

Also, did you order any ships to disarm or disable the Abaddon?  This will prevent them from going into attack mode.

Thanks for the compliments on the mission otherwise. :)

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Were the bombers launching any bombs?  Non-bomb weapons typically can't do any damage to a ship when it has less than 10% hull remaining.

Also, did you order any ships to disarm or disable the Abaddon?  This will prevent them from going into attack mode.

Thanks for the compliments on the mission otherwise. :)

I personally witnessed actual bombs being thrown, and the subsequent shockwaves as they hit the hull
To boot, the Repulse was also pounding away at it. As for the orders, I told them to destroy

What about that Apollo and Loki?

And you're welcome. I was pretty impressed with how it all went down
"No"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Apollo and Loki are there as triggers for certain sexps.  They're 15km away because you're not supposed to investigate them. :p

And that's very odd about the Abaddon.  I just checked the mission and there are no sexps which ship-guardian the Abaddon, so I don't know what could be causing that.

Offline starlord

simple question out of the blue, but can you actually manage to nail both cruisers before they jump out (perhaps by disabling them)?

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Ah, well my theory was correct about those random ships (which I should mention, if there's some strange radar blip I can't target, of course I'm going to investigate it). By the way, I was then chased by that Apollo after I engaged it
It's scary. It just... kept following me
Forever

I'll see if I can duplicate the scenario and catch it on FRAPs next time. I do however have a whole lot screenshots (not sure how useful they'll be)
Would it be possible for the attribute from the Apollo/Loki to transfer to the Abaddon through an unexpected error? I know it seems farfetched, but it's all I personally, can think of
"No"